Another downfall for having 35 bowl games....

RazzinGTO

My link

The NCAA's football postseason licensing subcommittee might have to alter eligibility rules for playing in the postseason depending on how the season plays out. There are 35 bowl games this year and there's a chance not enough teams will meet the current criteria.

AWESOME!Let's pit a couple of sub .500 teams against each other and see who comes! dedhoarse

There are way to many bowl games, 70 teams currently go to bowl games that's 58% kind of takes away some of the prestige. But since the bowls have already collected from sponsers, they better damn sure make the game gets played. So if they have to change the rules change em to make sure bowls get played

Absolutely agree, EXCEPT for having to change the rules. IMO, if enough teams are not eligible, the bowl game shouldn't be played. Most times those bowls games will feature mid-major teams playing in bowl games that most people don't give a crap about. But I definitely agree that there are entirely too many bowl games out there.

Just realized my link to the story didn't come through.

My link

I especially love Grobe's comment:

"I like being inclusive with bowl games. I like having enough bowl games for deserving teams," Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe said. "I want enough bowl games for as many kids to play in bowl games as they possibly can. I'd rather not see a team with a losing record go play in a bowl game, but the flip side of that is, I wouldn't want to see a handful of winning, good teams not get bowl games.

Seriously? You would rather see losing teams make bowl games then a team barely over .500 miss a bowl game?

35 bowl games doesn't bother me because it allows me to watch more College football for the whole month of December and about 1 1/2 weeks into January. I get more of my College Football fix with the bowl games spread out instead of all crammed together lets say in a two week period and bam College football is over and all we have to look forward to is the NFL.

35 bowl games doesn't bother me because it allows me to watch more College football for the whole month of December and about 1 1/2 weeks into January. I get more of my College Football fix with the bowl games spread out instead of all crammed together lets say in a two week period and bam College football is over and all we have to look forward to is the NFL.

That is my sentiment. Nothing like turning on the TV almost EVERY day and watching college football for several weeks straight.

I may not watch it if it's Akron vs. UCF or something, but still. It's great to have all of these teams play a final game against a non-conference opponent.

It's all about the Benjamins, my brothers. It's all about the Benjamins.

that, and over an extra month of true practice for the teams that get to go. thats huge with all the other limitations.

You make an excellent point on the extra practices that a team gets for making a bowl. That is anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or more to have the team together and practice the younger guys not only for the bowl game but for the next season. That is a huge advantage over the teams that dont get to go bowling.