Is this anyone else's favorite time as a Husker fan?

I guess I'm not even sure myself, even though I'm posting this. Since we did win the titles in the 90s, I'm not all angsty wishing we'd finally win one, so I can relax and enjoy this. If we hadn't, maybe I wouldn't feel the same way. I would have loved it if we had never gone through the recent losing seasons, but there's something to be said for having a "comeback." From the Colorado win in 2008 to the Arizona game was my favorite period so far. It also helps that I'm an adult now. I was only 11 in 1993. (But I do remember crying myself to sleep when we missed the FG against Florida State the year before).

Anyway, I'm sure you've all watched this 100 times but I'm going to link it anyway because I think it ranks up there as one of the best Nebraska plays, including ones that happened in championship seasons. I can't watch it enough. (Okay fine, two plays).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bs8QpXi7Mc

I'm one of the younger generations, being born in 1991 an being to young to remember the national title game. But I do remember 2001, I hope we get back to times like the 90's and dominating any one who steps In front of us

I feel old... To me the Cory Schlesinger TD runs against Miami were bigger. I started following Husker football in 1985 after I moved here from Big10 country in 1984. I'll never forget the 2001 Miami game...a news station was at hand at a local sports bar and I think I may have been the only one who was sober, so I got to give my take on the game on TV which was pretty cool.

Being born in 1989, I didnt really get the full effect of Nebraska football until around 1999-2000. I can remeber being happy after the Oklahoma game in 2001, the Colorado game in 2008, the oklahoma/texas/missouri/arizona game last year. This year should be fun, and heres to hoping for many more memories!

Being an old fart I think the 90s were better than now. Not only were we incredibly dominant several seasons in a row, but after having lived through the 80s and Osborne's seven straight bowl game losses, the 90s were one hell of a sense of redemption. You could just tell in 1994 that we were going to win it all. I had zero doubt we were going to win the MNC that year from about the time the gun sounded on the 1994 Orange Bowl vs. FSU. I had a smidge of concern when Miami went up 17-9 in the third quarter, but I never doubted we would win.

1995 was one hell of a ride. Best season ever as a Husker fan.

1996 was a bummer, and a bit annoying (especially the ASU loss, which was BS), but still a decent year.

1997 was a great year, and another in which I had high confidence that we would win the MNC. The 1998 Orange Bowl vs. Tennessee and Peyton Manning was one of the greatest games ever, right up there with the 1996 Fiesta Bowl vs. Florida and Spurrier.

I think you had to live through the 80s to fully appreciate the 90s, especially the 1983 season that ended so unfortunately. Anyone old enough to remember those days has to look on the 90s as one giant era of redemption.

What would be great is if we were able to treat the Teens like a rerun of the 90s. The last decade with the Callahan Era could play the role of the 80s, and the Teens could be another Decade of Dominance.

We'll have to see how it goes. We sure have one heck of a stable of horses right now.

In the 70's, we had a lot of trouble with OU. However, the late 80's to early 90's was really tough. It was very troubling playing a southern team in a bowl only to get pasted because we just didn't have the speed in the secondary to even challenge the receivers. This was where the transformation started recruiting a lot more speed. I doubt we'll be able to give the teens a rerun like the 90's. In the 90's when we had our run, a few things happened within the conference. OU was all but erased from the scene with sanctions and probation. CU had a legendary coach retire and replaced them with a crappy Prick Nudehypesel. We really weren't challenged from a conference standpoint other than a glimmer here or there. By joining the Big 10, I don't see us as skipping through conference play nearly as easily as we did in the mid-90's.

In 1995? No. I think they could have held their own other years. I still remember being in the student section in 1994 when Wyoming came to Lincoln. Frazier didn't play, and Berringer collapsed a lung in the first half. If it hadn't been for a muffed punt by Wyoming, I'm not so sure Wyoming doesn't win that game. We were a very good team in 1994, but we weren't invincible. If you look at the talent CU had on their 1994 squad, they should have been almost unstoppable. However, they had a complete tool for a coach. I'd say CU was better than ASU and Texas in 1996. I'd also say CU was better than Mizzou in 1997. We had 4 losses in 1998, so yeah I think CU could have taken us. There haven't been many that have been able to take 3 in a row from TO, but CU did it. I don't think they could have hung with us at our best (95'), but I do think they would have held their own any other year in there.

Being an old fart I think the 90s were better than now. Not only were we incredibly dominant several seasons in a row, but after having lived through the 80s and Osborne's seven straight bowl game losses, the 90s were one hell of a sense of redemption. You could just tell in 1994 that we were going to win it all. I had zero doubt we were going to win the MNC that year from about the time the gun sounded on the 1994 Orange Bowl vs. FSU. I had a smidge of concern when Miami went up 17-9 in the third quarter, but I never doubted we would win.

1995 was one hell of a ride. Best season ever as a Husker fan.

1996 was a bummer, and a bit annoying (especially the ASU loss, which was BS), but still a decent year.

1997 was a great year, and another in which I had high confidence that we would win the MNC. The 1998 Orange Bowl vs. Tennessee and Peyton Manning was one of the greatest games ever, right up there with the 1996 Fiesta Bowl vs. Florida and Spurrier.

I think you had to live through the 80s to fully appreciate the 90s, especially the 1983 season that ended so unfortunately. Anyone old enough to remember those days has to look on the 90s as one giant era of redemption.

What would be great is if we were able to treat the Teens like a rerun of the 90s. The last decade with the Callahan Era could play the role of the 80s, and the Teens could be another Decade of Dominance.

We'll have to see how it goes. We sure have one heck of a stable of horses right now.

I agree with almost everything you said except the bolded part. While the ASU game sucked, the loss to Texa$$ was much, much worse. Not only was our team riddled with the flu bug, it knocked us out of a chance to play in the Sugar Bowl for a 3rd straight NC.

Even the players from the team will tell you the tu loss was worse.

In 1995? No. I think they could have held their own other years. I still remember being in the student section in 1994 when Wyoming came to Lincoln. Frazier didn't play, and Berringer collapsed a lung in the first half. If it hadn't been for a muffed punt by Wyoming, I'm not so sure Wyoming doesn't win that game. We were a very good team in 1994, but we weren't invincible. If you look at the talent CU had on their 1994 squad, they should have been almost unstoppable. However, they had a complete tool for a coach. I'd say CU was better than ASU and Texas in 1996. I'd also say CU was better than Mizzou in 1997. We had 4 losses in 1998, so yeah I think CU could have taken us. There haven't been many that have been able to take 3 in a row from TO, but CU did it. I don't think they could have hung with us at our best (95'), but I do think they would have held their own any other year in there.

While we were not invincible in 94, we did play some damn good teams. Also, the 95 team beat 4 teams that finished in the top 10, with all (besides Florida) whooping up on whomever they played in their bowl games. That was a tough schedule too.

I do agree that either CU or Miami were probably the most talented teams that year, and either could have beat NU on talent alone.

I'd say that no team would have been able to hang with 95.

Edit: I don't remember CU beating NU 3 years in a row. I thought that there were 2 losses and a tie??