You Don't Give Pelini(s) Two Weeks To Prep For A One-Trick Pony

When I see Coffman, I think of the over rated Running Back at ISU in 1995, and the Blackshirts manhandled him all day I believe to a season low for rushing yards in a game. I bet Bo and Carl let the beast loose in this game and don't call off the dogs till the final gun. I feel like the only reason Snyder is at KSU is because no one else wanted the job. It's time to put the women and children to bed and go hunting for 1ildcat. NU 56 KSU 14

I am getting the same feelings about KSU that I had before the Washington game. I thought a lot of people were freaking out over it for no sound reason. Always thought it'd be a 17+ point win for DONU.

Thursday is starting to feel the same. You think Bo and Carl are not drooling over the matchup of Carson Coffman trying to throw against our secondary? They are not dummies and know DT is the keys to KSU's offensive machine.

I think back to last years game. Except we have a healthy line which will produce and offense with a pulse. The Peso handled DT last year and the Cats don't have a WR threat like Banks was. Yes the crowd will be obnoxious because of Thurday nite, on ESPN, our last time there, and because it is Nebraska, but that will all fade out by halftime.

I am thinking something along the lines of 41-14, because Bo has not gotten over 2003 no matter what he has said to the press.

The bye week couldn't have come at a better time for our inexperienced LB's

This is absolutely the truth. I'm hoping the extra week helps some things 'click' with our LBs the week. If not, it's gonna be a long month of October.

i think this game is being hyped up like the washington game and dealing with Locker. Look what happened in that game...same thing this time. maybe close for the first half or so, but we win by 3+tds

Not exactly. Locker was being hyped up and then had to throw into one of the best secondaries in the nation. This time the hype is around Thomas, who will be running into an extremely average run defense...

i think this game is being hyped up like the washington game and dealing with Locker. Look what happened in that game...same thing this time. maybe close for the first half or so, but we win by 3+tds

Not exactly. Locker was being hyped up and then had to throw into one of the best secondaries in the nation. This time the hype is around Thomas, who will be running into an extremely average run defense...

:yeah

Stopping Thomas will be a lot harder than stopping Locker the way our run defense has performed so far.

:yeah

Stopping Thomas will be a lot harder than stopping Locker the way our run defense has performed so far.

not necessarily. we just have to key the run, dare them to pass, and then punish them for passing. sooner than later, nothing will work for them, and they will start making more mistakes out of frustration. it works all the time on ps3. we just have to make them beat us with the pass, and then they are in trouble. they have a great run game and a bad pass game, i would be more worried about an above average run and pass team. we can exploit their lack of balance.

I love it....Thomas this....Snyder that...what the? Nebraska will roll and come Friday morning you all will agree that you agreed even though you didn't. As head coach Bo has beat Bill every time but Ole' Bill is a better coach, right? Holy Smokes....I agree with you 100% HuskerZ GO HUSKERS!!!! :bigredn::throwdabones1::bigredn: If you have doubts about us beating K-State :wtf

:bonesflag:

I love it....Thomas this....Snyder that...what the? Nebraska will roll and come Friday morning you all will agree that you agreed even though you didn't. As head coach Bo has beat Bill every time but Ole' Bill is a better coach, right? Holy Smokes....I agree with you 100% HuskerZ GO HUSKERS!!!! :bigredn::throwdabones1::bigredn: If you have doubts about us beating K-State :wtf

:bonesflag:

Final score Nebraska56 K-state17

A K-State fan over on one of their boards had the nerve to say Manhattan will be the loudest stadium the team (specifically Niles Paul, for some reason) will have ever heard. Apparently Manhattan, Kansas is a much more hostile stadium than Blacksburg, Norman, and Seattle.

Our offense has been my argument for a while now. While everyones freaking out about the 14-21 Points that the Thomas Wildcats MAY score, they forget about the probable 40-50 that we're gonna most likely put up.

Agree ........... The offense if good and the Defense is the Left Hook that some forget about.

I like the way you guys are coming around! We outclass this team in every single phase of the game. People get a little nervous when they think of the Bucky Bill of old, but come on guys, the talent level at KSU right now is REALLY, REALLY low. Bill didn't win sh*t until he had some of the best players in the league and even then they won, what, one league title? Against an OU team that didn't give 2 sh*ts about playing as they were already locked into the national title game?

The ONLY way this game is close is if we play mistake-laden football, that's it. If we take care of the ball and don't get dumb penalties, we will do what we want to ksu!

Man, I'm ready to get this farewell tour rolling and drive all over here in KC with a big smile on my face!

:bigredn::bonesflag::bigredn::bonesflag:

This quote from Bo Pelini is why I have ZERO worries about our D at this point. If you think this guy doesn't know EXACTLY what he's doing and what he has on this D, you are nuts, this guy is the best defensive mind in all of College Football, not to mention he has a hell of a supporting cast, along with some great talent wearing the Scarlet and Cream this year!

"I don't get caught up in statistics and that kind of thing," Pelini said. "A lot of it is a process to get where you want to go, and teach your guys lessons along the way. I could really care less about the statistics. I have a pretty good idea where we are run-game wise and what we have to do to handle the run. I think if you look at my track record of how we play, we're a lot different than a lot of people in how we play.

Another thing that excites me a little about this game is, after watching ksu the past few weeks, their D is set up for HUGE plays up the middle. They move their 2 LB's out wide and basically leave the middle of the field wide open. They want to take the edges away, which is fine, but they get gashed up the middle on draws and RB's out of the backfield running a little veer route, or WRs/TEs coming across and just sitting in the hole.

I guess they could adjust this, but it's exactly what they have used so far and especially against UCF and their mobile QB, so I would expect they would keep to this. Maybe this is one reason they are one of the worst run D's in the country.

I tried to find some ksu/UCF highlights on youtube, but there aren't any.

I normally get more and more nervous as the game approaches, but the more I look at this game, the more comfortable I get.