K-State Analysis Thread

Martinez against KSU: 241 rushing yards

Lee against FAU, ASU, VT, ULL, MU, TT, ISU, BU, OU, KU, KSU and CU: 171 rushing yards

Not trying to pile on... I like Lee. But the difference is remarkable.

tu's D is a different animal, though. Not going to be that easy.

UCLA rushed for 264 at DKR

I think motivation plays a great deal into outcomes, as well as momentum.

If we really get out on a team, we can crush their morale and steamroll them. That's what UCLA did to Texas, which fell apart in the face of adversity the same way Washington and now KSU did when coming up against us. This is very promising - if we get up on top of Texas, we could simply blow them away, don't care how athletic or good their defense is once they stop believing in themselves. So I'm very optimistic the 'answer' we get this week is gonna be a real good one.

BUT, the other side of that is how will we respond if it becomes a battle, and we can't get anything going. How will this year's team, and Taylor specifically, respond if we have to tough it out for 60 full minutes? I would hope that Taylor will be patient, settle down, and let the plays come to him.

I guess that's not so much KSU analysis as a UT prediction, but there it is: we could steamroll the Longhorns, or it could get a bit ugly in the other direction. Honestly thought the Wildcats and Snyder would have more fight in them, but you can bet anything those players in Austin do NOT want to lose three straight.

I found it encouraging that Taylor was alert with his ball security and that he was covering the ball with 2 hands in some of the runs.I know that he had 1 fumble but at least we recovered it. I think that this was the first time ever that I have seen rex fumble,the guy has superglue on his hands most of the time.

I found it encouraging that Taylor was alert with his ball security and that he was covering the ball with 2 hands in some of the runs.I know that he had 1 fumble but at least we recovered it. I think that this was the first time ever that I have seen rex fumble,the guy has superglue on his hands most of the time.

That was what I saw too, early in the game and I was very encouraged by that. I thought, here's a young man that is really coming into his own. Of course, he fumbled later. I think fumbles are getting to be a team-wide epidemic. Something has to be done to address this, because it's really a trend right now. Coaches gotta pound some discipline and ball handling awareness into these guys.

Then they should NOT play NU next.

But too bad for them......haha!!

:corndance

Indeed...you almost gotta feel bad for them...but ;)

my thoughts

. t-magic came back strong tonight and the boys were really fired up.... a big victory like this only motivates us and takes us upward for the texas game... i dont think it will be nerves at all but pure fired up emotion... no matter what our record we're still gonna come out with a chip on a shoulder due to last year seeking pay back...... (could be the last time we face texas in a looong time sans Okalhoma meltdown)

. im LD's bi$ch for life

. Dennard and PA are f'ing lights out

. O-line dominated

. t-magic looked like he was having fun

. where was BK?

. what kind of tricks will we have up ourselves for texas?

. other than that i was just soo happy we came out pumped and on fire... everyone seems amped and i think this week of practice is gonna be straight up gnarly with the guys just ready for our next game... but i dont think its gonna be that cocky kinda stuff (hope not) but a purpose raw focused type of energy

good job guys!!!

:throwdabones1::throwdabones1::koolaid2::thumbs:bigredn:

Papuchis has some work to do with the KO-coverage but I'm glad they got exposed during a game where it didn't cost us. The extra practice-time can be put to good use. May have gotten lackadaisical with so many touchbacks.

The D stepped-up well. They did like Bo said, didn't give-up any big plays and forced KU to put long drives together. After a rough start the shirts took-over and if back-ups hadn't gotten in KSU never gets to the endzone. Snyder had a good gameplan, staying within what Coffman can do and getting the ball to Thomas via the short passing game. David is becoming a beast.

Martinez had a few goofs but he rebounded well from the SDSU game. Threw solidly today and was obviously a difference-maker on the ground. Needs to learn to ditch the ball and not take unnecessary hits. Kid is special though. We still fumble too much. Line had a good game, had some big holes out there and TM usually had time. One sack was all on TM for juking right into Caputo's guy rather than bolting. I like that Reed is becoming a weapon.

Someone in another thread or possibly earlier in this one said they were surprised to see Reed's speed. Watch the 80 yard run vs Washington and once he gets done blocking and before Martinez starts slowing down he is stride for stride with him-Reed's got some wheels.

Also, if you watch TMart's first two touchdowns look at KSU linebacker #56. He recognizes who has the ball but he just can't get to T-Magic fast enough...it's crazy how explosive Taylor is.

Also, on the 80 yard run, old Snyder decides to attempt to get speed on the field and has, what looks to me, like 6 DB's in there. (They have 4 players in the LB's position-all look smaller than a typical LB and all are wearing DB numbers-I could look up on their roster who they are and what position they play pero I'm just going to go with my theory.) This COULD and probably does factor into that run being what it was - him exploding through the hole and the defense attempting to catch up... they were probably out of position since I'm thinking that's something they haven't practiced at all before. Snyder quickly ditched that formation and I don't think we saw it again the rest of the night, which was probably good for KState.

Zach Lee should have been benched early last season

O.o

he did get benched, and then Green came in and wasn't better. If you're implying Martinez should have replaced him, they didn't know he was good at QB until they put him in that position on the scout team, and it's not really fair to redshirt someone and then have them come in and play in the middle of the season and miss 1/8th of their cfg career because of it.

Wow. The game was amazing. I went there, and that was my second Husker game ever, (technically 3rd but I don't remember the 1st one), and it was so much more fun to watch than the South Dakota State one 2 weeks ago that I went to. There was so much trash talk from the K state fans before the game, it was awesome. Some old kstate ladie chased down a young girl and said she would kick her ass, and there was tons of other stuff going on. This was the best husker experience I've ever had BY FAR!!! It was so awesome. I was sitting in section 10B, and was one of the people up there that sang happy birthday to Bill Snyder in the 4th quarter. Man I love husker football, the fans are so awesome, it was a total blast.

As for the game, I don't really feel like going through an entire analysis right now, but Tmagic was electric, that 80 yd run was so sick to watch. Cody Green made me nervous when he came in, and it seems like every time he comes in the game someone fumbles, I don't know why he's higher than Zac Lee on the depth chart. Our defense looked pretty average on multiple drives, it seemed like they just moved the ball at will on us, but somehow we came up when it counted, which is all that mattered.

Anyways, it was an incredibly fun game, and I'm really enjoying my first year as a husker.

GO BIG RED!!!

I liked on many of Martin-ez's long zone-read keeps how the line blew their guys off the ball and immediately got to the linebackers and even the secondary. By the time Martinez got 5 yards downfield, he had 4 or 5 blockers (including a RB) running in front of him. Just great.

Papuchis has some work to do with the KO-coverage but I'm glad they got exposed during a game where it didn't cost us. The extra practice-time can be put to good use. May have gotten lackadaisical with so many touchbacks.

The D stepped-up well. They did like Bo said, didn't give-up any big plays and forced KU to put long drives together. After a rough start the shirts took-over and if back-ups hadn't gotten in KSU never gets to the endzone. Snyder had a good gameplan, staying within what Coffman can do and getting the ball to Thomas via the short passing game. David is becoming a beast.

Martinez had a few goofs but he rebounded well from the SDSU game. Threw solidly today and was obviously a difference-maker on the ground. Needs to learn to ditch the ball and not take unnecessary hits. Kid is special though. We still fumble too much. Line had a good game, had some big holes out there and TM usually had time. One sack was all on TM for juking right into Caputo's guy rather than bolting. I like that Reed is becoming a weapon.

Agree with this analysis on all accounts, especially the part about the O-line. I'd say they had more than a "good game" though - IMO they had a fantastic game dominating all tiers of KSU's defense. As easy as it is to give Martinez the game ball, Ricky Henry deserves one as well 'cause he was a monster out there. It doesn't take much of a hole for our playmakers to bust loose, and they had huge holes all over the field all night. That's a credit to every position too b/c our WRs, TEs and even RBs were pushing Cats way down field. This is what precise execution looks like, and those big plays are what we get as a result.

I thought you played well in all aspects of the game (offense, defense, special teams). It was good to see Nebraska getting back to playing the way most were used to seeing Nebraska play which is explosive plays from a good quarterback complimented by good defense. Don't get ahead of yourselves though, lots of football still to be played. Congrats on the win, your team looked great. I can't wait for next weekend's game against Texas.