Crouch, Frazier, Gill, Frost

Bradr

You mentioned the same guys as the SportsCenter guys did (plus Frost). But what about Lord? He was the one whose record Martinez broke.

1. T-Mart 241

2. Lord 234

3. Lord 218

4. Frazier 199

5. Crouch 191

6. Gdowski 176

7. Crouch 162

8. Lord 159

9T. Frazier 158

9T. Crouch 158

• Fire 1

You mentioned the same guys as the SportsCenter guys did (plus Frost). But what about Lord? He was the one whose record Martinez broke.

1. T-Mart 241

2. Lord 234

3. Lord 218

4. Frazier 199

Lord is a forgotten soldier. That guy was amazing. If he had the surrounding cast any of our other QB's of the TO era had, he would have been remembered as one of the greats. I have a brother in law that is an ISU fan and still gives me a hard time about Lord. All I can do is facepalm it.....

And he's got another four seasons in front of him.

Edit

More like 3 and 1/2, but, well, y'know.

I was thinking about that. He's so difficult to read.

Is he the kind of guy that stays through a senior year, or ducks out for the NFL?

He'll have to show a lot more throwing, especially in his motion to be someone the NFL even looks at as a QB... especially early. Could happen, but it's way way too early to make any sort of judgment on that. A lot of things can happen between now and then.

Rather then worry about that, I just hope he can remain consistent throughout the rest of this season and the offense keeps getting better.

With great running QBs like Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch, Lord and Taylor, I can't hardly believe that the record is only 241 yards. We played against some really weak K-State opponents in the past two decades.

Maybe part of the reason is that we were blowing those guys out back in the day so badly that Frazier, Gill, et al were riding the pine by halftime and getting only one token series in the second half.

I'm no old guard by any means, but I don't ever remember seeing us rip off those kind of long runs as a % of our overall production. Not saying that our O isn't good, but to me, it seems like our O is dependent on long plays for its production.

And with that in mind, if a team limits our big plays, it limits our scores. Kind of like Bo's D, in designing an offense that he doesn't want to play against, he has designed the perfect blue print of a defense to counter our O.

I'm a few deep, but does this make sense to anyone else?