Crouch, Frazier, Gill, Frost

Bradr

I'm no old guard by any means, but I don't ever remember seeing us rip off those kind of long runs as a % of our overall production. Not saying that our O isn't good, but to me, it seems like our O is dependent on long plays for its production.

And with that in mind, if a team limits our big plays, it limits our scores. Kind of like Bo's D, in designing an offense that he doesn't want to play against, he has designed the perfect blue print of a defense to counter our O.

I'm a few deep, but does this make sense to anyone else?

The last time I saw this kind of long-distance scoring over and over was 1983. Maybe that means nothing, but it's the nearest comparator I can think of.

I'm no old guard by any means, but I don't ever remember seeing us rip off those kind of long runs as a % of our overall production. Not saying that our O isn't good, but to me, it seems like our O is dependent on long plays for its production.

And with that in mind, if a team limits our big plays, it limits our scores. Kind of like Bo's D, in designing an offense that he doesn't want to play against, he has designed the perfect blue print of a defense to counter our O.

The goal of any D is to limit big plays, its not a new concept. The problem is when you run into an O with so many options that you cant limit the big plays. Currently Zenitram gives us a whole new dynamic. We have two excellent RB's and several good recievers along with a QB who is excellent at selling the play-action. This offense is only going to get better. Combine that with a D that can limit the opposing offenses production and you have a very potent team. This NU team is going to be a very dangerous one.

The last time I saw this kind of long-distance scoring over and over was 1983. Maybe that means nothing, but it's the nearest comparator I can think of.

Yeah the 84-13 win over Minnesota in 1983 comes to mind. I believe our time of possession in that game was just over 13 minutes.

The goal of any D is to limit big plays, its not a new concept. The problem is when you run into an O with so many options that you cant limit the big plays. Currently Zenitram gives us a whole new dynamic. We have two excellent RB's and several good recievers along with a QB who is excellent at selling the play-action. This offense is only going to get better. Combine that with a D that can limit the opposing offenses production and you have a very potent team. This NU team is going to be a very dangerous one.

While I agree, our MO on D seems to be a more of a limit big plays and allow attrition/penalties/mistakes to defeat an offense. A lot of teams out there will load the box to stop the O run, but we seem more content to spread out and limit long plays, while allowing an offense to slowly chip away until they make a mistake. I don't see too many defenses that have this type of patience, and it seems pretty rare to me.

With great running QBs like Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch, Lord and Taylor, I can't hardly believe that the record is only 241 yards. We played against some really weak K-State opponents in the past two decades.

Maybe part of the reason is that we were blowing those guys out back in the day so badly that Frazier, Gill, et al were riding the pine by halftime and getting only one token series in the second half.

I believe Lord set his record against a 1-AA team. McNeese St???

With great running QBs like Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch, Lord and Taylor, I can't hardly believe that the record is only 241 yards. We played against some really weak K-State opponents in the past two decades.

Maybe part of the reason is that we were blowing those guys out back in the day so badly that Frazier, Gill, et al were riding the pine by halftime and getting only one token series in the second half.

To be fair, Martinez set his against a 1-AA team, too.

:D

• Fire 2

Yeah the 84-13 win over Minnesota in 1983 comes to mind. I believe our time of possession in that game was just over 13 minutes.

Not even close. We had the ball for an outrageous 22:35. That's nearly four points every minute we held the ball. Amazing.

Texas actually.

And he's got another four seasons in front of him.

Edit

More like 3 and 1/2, but, well, y'know.

I was thinking about that. He's so difficult to read.

Is he the kind of guy that stays through a senior year, or ducks out for the NFL?

His game does translate to the NFL. He will be here for 4 full years. I hope he stays healthy. GBR!!!!!