Can I get feedback on my first ever Video? (Husker highlights obviously)

I might have been a tad dramatic with the beginning. I'll take it off in a week :P, and I swear it gets going after a minute.

I also want to point out that I rarely like music in sports videos. But, every time I hear this song I think the lyrics are really fitting. So I apologize if you hate the song, but there are other plenty of other highlight videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUyfBCMC8S4

• Fire 3

Great minds must think alike because I was just thinking that we needed a revenge style video showing the 1 second, the field goal, and Bo getting pissed. I would have chosen more epic music for the beginning, but I enjoyed the highlights. I plan on making a pretty epic video after the Texas ass kicking this Saturday.

Honest thoughts: I like what you do with the introduction from last year's Big12CG and how you transition into this year. I also like how the very last play with the Martinez run, the music sort of cuts away and you hear the announcers. I'd cut the song away sooner so the whole play is like that, I think it's a cool feature. I'm not really a big fan of the music just because I prefer only instrumentals in highlight videos, but that's just a personal thing. Otherwise good video.

A few things....liked the word "passing" in the song right as Taylor dropped back to pass. Thought the song's pace was perfect for our offense...also loved that most of our highlights this year are huge runs.

Finally....I'll be damned if I didn't get faked out (AGAIN) on that final play. :)

Edit: forgot to mention that if Bo just shows the first clip from your video that's enough to want to crush texas.

First, the dramatic music in the beginning is alright, but if you're convinced that a heart-felt, deep-feeling slow and heavy montage is the way to start this video, than have the image reflect he music. Slow the clips down (Full time, high-speed football stands in stark and unfriendly contrast to the largo/larghetto audio. Maybe slow the video down, put it in a softer sepia (as opposed to harsh greyscale) and add some nice feathering around the edges. Just ideas to make it fit better.

Second,the transition from the intro to the main video is sheit. The quick audio change coupled with the L to R 'arrow' fade is pungent in a bad way, get a softer fade for the music from one to the other (focus on keeping the measured beats the same for a few seconds to let the listener's ear adjust from one to the other) and the video transition needs more than a pre-designed fade. Perhaps fade one clip slowly out from LtR while the other, from the new season fades in at the same speed from RtL, even better, if you get both clips of the same type (pass, run, tackle, etc.)

Once you get to the main part of the video, it's not enough to just play music and highlight clips, you need to give us some transitions between the clips as well as line up the video with the music. Do your best to punctuate major points in the video (catches, hits, etc.) with major beats in the music (or at least lesser, as needed No one will notice if you slow down or speed up clips about 1.2/0.8x in the long run, but they will absolutely notice if the heavy beat of the music times out perfectly with a good, solid video of an amazing hit.

Looks like you've got a great foundation going though :) look forward to seeing your future work.

FYI - I'm a bit of a pretentious little b***h when it comes to video editing, so don't take my words as strictly criticism, just things to think about as you continue to get better in your editing capacity.

GBR

FYI - I'm a bit of a pretentious little b***h when it comes to video editing, so don't take my words as strictly criticism

I won't, heh. I'm using Windows Movie Maker. A lot of the things you mentioned aren't possible with it. If I had $700 to spend on it I'd get Adobe Premium.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the comments.