BCS mock rankings show on ESPN

Nexus

Jesse Palmer gave some brief comments about the NU/UT game this weekend and Rece Davis quipped "one thing Texas won't get in Lincoln this weekend is an extra second back on the clock." Rece along with Robert Smith and Craig James broke into laughter.

1) Boise State

2) Oregon

3) TCU

4) Oklahoma

5) Ohio State

6) LSU

7) Nebraska

8) Auburn

9) Michigan State

10) Alabama

Jesse Palmer gave some brief comments about the NU/UT game this weekend and Rece Davis quipped "one thing Texas won't get in Lincoln this weekend is an extra second back on the clock." Rece along with Robert Smith and Craig James broke into laughter.

1) Boise State

2) Oregon

3) TCU

4) Oklahoma

5) Ohio State

6) LSU

7) Nebraska

8) Auburn

9) Michigan State

10) Alabama

The BCS sucks and these rankings prove it. I know they are just mock, but they said it is pretty accurate. How is the number 1 team in the nation number 5 in the BCS!? That is pretty much BS. And when NU came on the board at number 7, Robert was like, wow that is too low.

I hope you are right Knapplc,

Oregon looks very good, and I doubt they drop a game after getting by Stanford, Oregon State is our only chance. Ohio State, does not play Michigan State which appears to be a good team. Both Oregon and Ohio State will have SOS over us I imagine, even with the Oklahoma game factored in.

Last week I thought there was no chance of Alabama losing, so who knows.

Ironically, these clueless talking heads who bitched and moaned over so-called "style points" a few years back, causing the BCS to force the computers to take it out of their rankings, are a lot of the same ones now heavily criticizing the now-disabled computer rankings. As I've said countless times before, all the human pollsters consider MOV (Ex. OU's close win over Utah State hurt them, whereas they would have not dropped had they beaten USU 55-3) and it absolutely should be allowed in computers as well.

People like Mark May annoy me to no end... getting paid a nice salary to be an "expert" in the field of CFB, and yet completely clueless as to even the basic methodology behind these computers. They are ranking teams based on SOS and W-L up to today, and like it or not, OSU's schedule is very poor thus far (ranked 111 by Colley and 117 by Sagarin). Keep in mind that MOV is not considered, not because the computer owners don't want to use it (in many cases) but because the BCS heads gave in to the style point and RUTS criticisms several years back.

Remember that the coaches poll is the biggest joke in sports, and even probably a third of the Harris voters possess little to no ability to think critically. Pryor + Tressel + Tradional Powerhouse + undefeated = automatic top 1 or 2 team in their minds. The computers don't care about any the former three parts of that equation. They just care about quality of opponents and wins and losses. Now of course, there is still tons of football to be played, and OSU's schedule will end up considerably higher than Boise's.

I hope you are right Knapplc,

Oregon looks very good, and I doubt they drop a game after getting by Stanford, Oregon State is our only chance. Ohio State, does not play Michigan State which appears to be a good team. Both Oregon and Ohio State will have SOS over us I imagine, even with the Oklahoma game factored in.

Last week I thought there was no chance of Alabama losing, so who knows.

The Pac-10 is full of 9-3 teams with great upset potential. OSU, USC, Cal, UCLA, ASU, UA, and even UW have the potential to upset Oregon. One of those teams will get them.

1) Boise State

2) Oregon

3) TCU

4) Oklahoma

5) Ohio State

6) LSU

7) Nebraska

8) Auburn

9) Michigan State

10) Alabama

BCS rankings? more like BSC rankings! JoePa got it right! Bull S*** Computers rankings!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically, these clueless talking heads who bitched and moaned over so-called "style points" a few years back, causing the BCS to force the computers to take it out of their rankings, are a lot of the same ones now heavily criticizing the now-disabled computer rankings. As I've said countless times before, all the human pollsters consider MOV (Ex. OU's close win over Utah State hurt them, whereas they would have not dropped had they beaten USU 55-3) and it absolutely should be allowed in computers as well.

People like Mark May annoy me to no end... getting paid a nice salary to be an "expert" in the field of CFB, and yet completely clueless as to even the basic methodology behind these computers. They are ranking teams based on SOS and W-L up to today, and like it or not, OSU's schedule is very poor thus far (ranked 111 by Colley and 117 by Sagarin). Keep in mind that MOV is not considered, not because the computer owners don't want to use it (in many cases) but because the BCS heads gave in to the style point and RUTS criticisms several years back.

Remember that the coaches poll is the biggest joke in sports, and even probably a third of the Harris voters possess little to no ability to think critically. Pryor + Tressel + Tradional Powerhouse + undefeated = automatic top 1 or 2 team in their minds. The computers don't care about any the former three parts of that equation. They just care about quality of opponents and wins and losses. Now of course, there is still tons of football to be played, and OSU's schedule will end up considerably higher than Boise's.

True the only thing I would add is that I see no problem in favoring traditional powers because a team like Alabama just came from the big game and won't be overwhelmed to be there again. As cool as Boise has been in some big games they go to the NC game I think it'll take them some time to settle in. Just little thoughts the computer doesn't take into consideration.

Nobody can be mad at the BCS... They should be mad that we use it to determine a national champion. The BCS rankings are based on algorithms and equations, thus making them relevant. Ohio state is the number one team in the nation right? Well who they have played and beat doesn't put them over some other teams who have played and beat better teams. Is Ohio state the best team at this point? Probably. Have they proved it over other teams? No. At the end of the regular season we will look and see who is the best team and decide who is number one... because our human brains will determine who deserves it. The BCS will look at the numbers on a sheet of paper and determine.... the problem is that those numbers may not agree with the logical choice.