When have you wanted to win a game this badly?

I was trying to think of the last time I had wanted the Huskers to win a game this badly. I've been on the huskerboard and huskermax looking at the news every hour just to see if there is some big development in the game.

The closest I would think of would probably be the 1995 Orange Bowl vs. Miami. I wanted Osborne to win the national title and break the bowl losing streak so badly. After that, we got kind of spoiled by the success of the Huskers. Winning was nice, but didn't seem crucial. Then Solich and that other coach took over and games just didn't seem all that exciting any more. Things seem different now. For many reasons, there is a sense of urgency in beating the Longhorns this time.

No doubt there have been other great games, but it has been a long time since I've been this psyched up for a game before.

Do you feel the same I do? When was the last time you've been this psyched up for a game?

Well, I have to agree with you on this one. Every game we play, people seem to be taking notice on how Nebraska plays. I feel as though we need to win this one to validate people thinking so highly of this team. I started as a Nebraska fan in 1996, so all I knew was winning. I can't wait to start those feelings once again.

The only Texas game I wanted to win badly would probably be this one and since Texas sucks it's more to make a statement to the majority of their fan base more than anything else. I like to call it a parting gift if you will.

The games I truly have wanted to win badly were the Oklahoma games of the 80's and 90's. Those top them all by a long shot and then the Miami game in 94. I despised Miami back then and I wanted TO to get the monkey off of his back and finally get his national championship after coming close several times before.

the sad thing is that now i am even more nervous than i was after the ccg because the stakes are so much higher. we have a legitimate shout at being undefeated and even going to the mnc and now a loss to texas would be unforgivable because this may be the worse they have been in over a decade. we just cannot give up this game. it would be too embarrassing to lose because they are ut and a bad team. it is going to be a long week.

this is deff the biggest game ive wanted Ne to win. I think we win this, and continue undefeated the rest of the year. if we lose, i think maybe it breaks the players hearts and they slip up on other games. this win will concrete our future. IMO...i think NE dominates this game. i just have a feeling. We are the real deal this year.

this is deff the biggest game ive wanted Ne to win. I think we win this, and continue undefeated the rest of the year. if we lose, i think maybe it breaks the players hearts and they slip up on other games. this win will concrete our future. IMO...i think NE dominates this game. i just have a feeling. We are the real deal this year.

i think we will play with a huge chip on our shoulder against the entire big 12. and i still think that most people do not think we are the real deal, i think people are just waiting for us to slip up. i think they will stay focused and bo will keep them on point.

Honestly...for me...the game that I wanted us to win more than any I can remember was the 2009 Missouri game. Those fools got this idea that they were some kind of explosive team just waiting to dominate...NU just had to put them into their place. At first I was worried but we all know how it turned out. Now lets take care of these Texas f**ks and move on...

National Championship? Who cares at this point...let's just take care of business and leave a bitter taste in the mouth of every Big 12 team that we leave gasping for air as they watch Helu, Martinez, and Burkehead score.

GO BIG RED!!