Alternate Uniforms for Texas Game?

The all-red I couldn't imagine liking too much, but from a branding point of view, the academic "N" is much better for the university's recognition (especially on television; it stands out) than the simplistic practice-squad N. The academic looking N is already the brand of all other aspects of the university. It makes perfect sense, but again, it is a matter of taste and tradition. Personally, I prefer the simple N, but I don't think the new one - if it is indeed the new one - is bad at all either.

That's actually not the academic "N". That is the athletic department "N". Nebraska is one of the few universities that's used 2 different fonts to brand itself. Argument aside, you make a valid point about Nebraska deciding to use this new look helmet for the sake of consistent branding, and with the move to the Big Ten, it makes sense to do this change of branding starting now.

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. I think the new helmets look awesome. And like some have already mentioned, it is the official "N" of the university.

Actually this is the official "N" of the university...logo.png

Notice the academic "N" (white) is inside of/on top of the athletic "N"

The new N looks exactly like what wiconsin or Minnesota or purpue have in the big 10: a great big ol sticker slapped on the side of the helmet. I think it looks overdone. Pleeeeease keep the small sticker

Personally, I couldn't agree more, especially when you compare this new look to Wisconsin's helmets (eeeesh). I love the helmet as is. Even though the change makes sense for branding and advertising purposes for the university, I think you gotta stick with tradition on this one.

Id love to see the all reds. I was about 12 when NU broke out all reds against OU in '85. It brought the excitement level in the stadium up even higher. Of course I was 12 and got tickets in the student section for a night game, so everything was completely out of control.

I do like the all reds. Any change to the helmet will never happen.

I am typically a traditionalist not wanting to change things up because I don't think we need to rebrand ourselves. With that being said, all red uni's would really suit the "Red Out Around the World" promo going on.

As for the new helmets, again typically don't believe in change, just because I like the tradition...but that looks pretty damn cool.

I heard that the University removed the green field turf and added red turf.......

Leave the simple N on the helmets and leave the bigger N for the retail industry. If we do the all red uni's I'll be ok with it but if they don't wear the all red uni's on Saturday I won't be heart broken either.

I actually like all reds and all whites, I do that on PS3 quite a bit, HA!! But, I don't want that in real life. Nebraska is famous for being an old school type of team and VERY much traditionalists, which I'm okay with. My favorite unis in college football are all the ones that are classic, timeless; NU, OU, PSU, 'Bama, Texas, OSU, etc. Don't jack with it, it seems gimmicky, like the sh*t Misery does with theirs. Any "big" game (as big of a game MU ever plays in anyway) they break out some diarrhea colored uni or the "beast mode" crap or whatever and generally they look like fools. Stick with your TRUE colors if you ask me.

Oh and that helmet above looks like hammered poo if you ask me. There are NO cooler helmets in college football than ours, don't touch it!