Recievers, and play calling.

Bullsh*t!

I counted at least "six" passes dropped on Tmart. Two of them very possible TDs. Maybe more but I'm sure of that number. What the hell is he supposed to do for them to catch them? Throw a six pack of Beck's dark too?

If you think them catching the damn balls wouldn't have made any difference in the game....well, whatever you're smoking....I want it!!

Meanwhile, just like last year, Lee ran like a crippled old lady and the wrs dropped the ball on him too. Gee....what a surprise.

Read this ..

He's not saying there weren't some drops, but if you watch them, they weren't always throws that put a WR in a position to succeed. Taylor flat sucks at hitting moving targets typically and struggled again today with that.

Any Joe Schmo can stand in a clean pocket and hit a wide open WR, as Taylor did on a few passes (and some he did not), but the gift of a good or even average passer is getting the ball out on time and allowing the WR to not break stride to catch your pass.

How many times this season have you seen Taylor force a wide open WR to stop on a route in which he was wide open to catch a pass? That is valuable YAC lost by that alone. Sure, he completes the pass, but at the same time costs us valuable yardage.

That isn't even mentioning the passes he flat out horridly missed yesterday.

Has anyone thought of the fact that Texas has a pretty good run defense, and that is why we struggled in the run. Not to mention the fact that Wats kept trying to run Lateral against a very speedy D and a very good DE. Oh yeah and that DE was being blocked by a freshmen tackle. So we throw the ball. I don't care if the passes weren't absolutely perfect if the damn ball hits your hands you are able to catch it. It is pretty simple, if you can't then you need to ride the pine and think about it.

Has anyone thought of the fact that Texas has a pretty good run defense, and that is why we struggled in the run. Not to mention the fact that Wats kept trying to run Lateral against a very speedy D and a very good DE. Oh yeah and that DE was being blocked by a freshmen tackle. So we throw the ball. I don't care if the passes weren't absolutely perfect if the damn ball hits your hands you are able to catch it. It is pretty simple, if you can't then you need to ride the pine and think about it.

UCLA - 56 rushes, 264 yards

They had 2 RBs with 15+ carries who averaged at least 5.9 YPC.

UCLA ... in Austin.

And don't compare WR situations either, because UCLA was 5-9 passing for 27 yards in the game.

UCLA - 56 rushes, 264 yards

They had 2 RBs with 15+ carries who averaged at least 5.9 YPC.

UCLA ... in Austin.

And don't compare WR situations either, because UCLA was 5-9 passing for 27 yards in the game.

We have given up an assload of yards also to far worse opponents then UCLA. What I am trying to say is that they have very speedy and talented players that are able to make plays and did. No one can deny this. I wasn't comparing us to UCLA you were. I said that we were able to make plays passing the ball, but the recievers dropped them. They weren't perfect throws all of the time but they were very catchable.

You can't blame the OC for all the dropped passes, that is on the players ONLY!!!

However, he had to have known TU was going to key on TMac, so why not throw them a bone and have some plays with TMac, Helu, and Berkhead in the backfield together??? That would have forced them to play heads up and not allow 2 players to keep TMac in check.

Anything different would have been a welcomed sight for sure. For that I blame the OC, he wasn't ready for anything the TU defense threw at us.

If we want to talk about play calling, maybe we should talk about earlier games.

Apparently holding back on "opening up the playbook" and not getting our receivers into the game all year cost us today?

:yeah

This game would have been one if our WRs brought in half of their drops, the play calling was fine, the receivers didnt catch the ball so that their fault.

I do agree that we should have played around with the passing game earlier in the year, but still they are out their as starters to catch balls. Maybe we need to try some new players on the edges, I have not been a fan of Paul(too inconsistant) i like BK i think he had a bad day. Whats happend with Cooper? We have only used Enunwa/Henry/Gillylen sparingly.

We also have 3 good TEs that dont get involved in game, and i dont know why.(i still count Mcneil as a TE) Ben has great size, Kyler has wheels, and Mcneil is consistant. USE them coaches.

It is almost funny to hear the logic husker fans will use to blame Watson. Adjustments were fine players were in a position to win, so the play calling was good. It is a very tough loss to deal with but the players flat out under perfomred.

exactly, and tu called a pretty good game on defense and offense. they stuffed the zone read, and on offense they kept us off balance. they had two weeks to prepare, and we knew the huskers would have to play up to their standards to win.

what a coincidence the only things holding us back are the two coaches left over from Callahan....Watson's play calling blows, and the recievers STILL drop balls all the time!!! That is on Gilmore!!!

Play calling put our receivers into position to score how many times? This game is on the receivers, period..

You can point out this or that. But in the end, if they catch the ball, we win.

Exactly there were four different times our receivers had a TD or a huge gain to put us near the goal line and they were all dropped. This game easily could have been won by a decent margin had those passes been caught.

We have given up an assload of yards also to far worse opponents then UCLA. What I am trying to say is that they have very speedy and talented players that are able to make plays and did. No one can deny this. I wasn't comparing us to UCLA you were. I said that we were able to make plays passing the ball, but the recievers dropped them. They weren't perfect throws all of the time but they were very catchable.

Your reply confuses me.

Is our run game inferior to UCLA? If not, why was UCLA able to find so much success as compared to us? We had no passing threat, nor did they. But they found success, we did not.

Why?

Dropped passes are irrelevant since both teams had no passing attack against Texas.