Butthead & Paul

WCHusker

first of all. Don't be hating on Rex. Dude is a stud. His toughness and love for the game make up for his size. ONE dropped pass from him can for forgivable. What I don't like is all the talk Paul does by saying "Give me the DAMN ball". Well today proved why we are a RUNNING team. In a game like this, where we needed receivers to step up, they didn't. Also, why do we bench Martinez and bring in Lee to run the EXACT same plays? If Lee comes in and throws I wouldn't have a problem. Watson didn't set our offense up to win, and our dropped passes are just a prime example of teams that WANT to win, and teams who know HOW to win. We still don't know HOW to win when it matters and I'm sick of coming up short in big games.

I would definitely like to see Hagg have a chance to be our regular return guy, but let's not resort to personal attacks here guys. All that needs to be said is that Paul has been a mixed bag as a receiver and unproductive as a returner. If we had better options I somehow doubt he would still be playing...

• Fire 1

First time I've heard Burkhead referred to as 'butthead'

We'll be fine, T Martinez was benches 'cause his passes were dropped...someone will step up. Who? Good question, but just as 8 TOs v ISU isn't likely to happen again, I don't see us dropping 8 passes again.

Texas is in our head like the Yankees are in the Twins head. We'll be alright, just sucks we couldn't pull it off vs the Horns before we bolt.

GBR

I felt bad for Rex dropping the ball. I was yelling at the screen until I saw it was him and suddenly felt guilty because he doesn't screw up all of the time. When Kinney dropped I was baffled and surprised because he's been solid almost every time a ball comes his way. But Paul drops punts, drops passes, but he can also be gold and do some amazing stuff on the field. However, it's the inconsistency that makes him so frustrating to watch. In the game thread and while watching games with friends, i've started to refer to him as a random number generator. He's MAYBE a little better than a coin flip for an Awesome:Fail ratio. He doesn't have "okay" plays, it seems. You're either yelling "YESSS!! GOOOO!" or "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" I don't remember giving him one of those "good play" claps too often-- you know, like after a back runs for 4 tough yards on first down or something. Paul is such a variable out there. If Paul had been rolling well, NU would have won this game by 3 or more scores, seriously. But today he was just in a streak, but the bad kind of streak.