Why do we continue to run Dime D?

Its getting obvious to me at least that our D is getting run over and our lack of size is hurting us. I understand the peso puts our strengh of speed in the secondary on the field, but we dont run it with two linebacker anyway, why? Its always gomez coming up into the box and Thenarse and PJ at safety.

Does carl not trust Whaley or Martin? Is Comptons injury that big of an issue that forces us to use only one LB throughout the game? What am I missing, we play a great man to man coverage anyway so why not help out with an extra LB in the run support.

Compton healthy or not, id like to see Lavonte get some help from martin/whaley, Gomez just isnt big enough to consistantly help David.

Its getting obvious to me at least that our D is getting run over and our lack of size is hurting us. I understand the peso puts our strengh of speed in the secondary on the field, but we dont run it with two linebacker anyway, why? Its always gomez coming up into the box and Thenarse and PJ at safety.

Does carl not trust Whaley or Martin? Is Comptons injury that big of an issue that forces us to use only one LB throughout the game? What am I missing, we play a great man to man coverage anyway so why not help out with an extra LB in the run support.

Compton healthy or not, id like to see Lavonte get some help from martin/whaley, Gomez just isnt big enough to consistantly help David.

Texas ran for 209 yards against us. The MOST they have all season. Yes, it was a lot of Gilbert which was a new wrinkle, and yes we did not wrap up. But I definitely think running basicaly 7 dbs (David is 210 lbs, which is the size of a safety). Is a problem. I'm actually hoping Whaley & Martin just need to learn the D better and this is NOT what Bo thinks will work (because I don't think it does)*. If that is the case, I think yo usee Compton and David back there next week.

* Ok, yes, I'm just a guy sitting at a computer and Bo is a multi-million dollar paid couch who is pretty much recognized as one of the best defensive minds in college football. So, this is a really stupid statement, but I still made it.

I posted last year- and was riduculed mind you- that using the peso as the primary d worried me. I guess the depth at linebacker worried me then as should have. A few key injuries later and here we are. I know Bo wants the best athletes on the field, but by athlete does he just mean fast? We need someone with some size to take on guys that have some size and power, and for gods sakes can wrap a tackle.

Eric Martin and Alonzo Whaley are liabilities at this point. David is only out there because of his supreme athletic ability, he still overruns plays. The defense is very fast on the back 7, but teams will have success running right at the Huskers. Compton and Fisher being out isn't what hurts the defense, losing Phillip Dillard and not having someone to replace him hurts the most. He made it all flow right from front to back and back to front.

Eric Martin and Alonzo Whaley are liabilities at this point. David is only out there because of his supreme athletic ability, he still overruns plays. The defense is very fast on the back 7, but teams will have success running right at the Huskers. Compton and Fisher being out isn't what hurts the defense, losing Phillip Dillard and not having someone to replace him hurts the most. He made it all flow right from front to back and back to front.

We are definately lacking not having a player like Dillard last year. He had size and speed. Compton did get in the game yesterday. I hope that he will be able to be on the field with David through the rest of the season. I know they are playing the same position, but this needs to happen against teams that run the ball. I think David is very good at covering the flats and has the speed to get to the corner, but we need someone their also to keep the QB in check.

Compton got some PT yesterday, albeit very late in the game (too late IMO). I wonder why they waited so long.

I've said it from the get-go that David is too small to be the only LB on the field. I felt like shutting my mouth after his KSU performance but he proved me right against Texas.

If we're going to continue to run this peso D when teams are running it down our throats, then it's going to be a long season. We really failed to adjust at halftime yesterday and it was disappointing to watch.

Compton got some PT yesterday, albeit very late in the game (too late IMO). I wonder why they waited so long.

I've said it from the get-go that David is too small to be the only LB on the field. I felt like shutting my mouth after his KSU performance but he proved me right against Texas.

If we're going to continue to run this peso D when teams are running it down our throats, then it's going to be a long season. We really failed to adjust at halftime yesterday and it was disappointing to watch.

I don't think it is all because of his size though. Texas did a very good job of using our defensive schemes against us. They got us out on coverage and focusing one dirrection and the QB ran the opposite way. It was pretty simple really. The Db's by the time they realize he was running it was to late because they are to far away to stop it. Just think if the QB was fast we would have gotten our assses handed to us.

I love the Pelinis' but I think they got schooled a little bit yesterday.

Are they stubborn with their D, i now they are confident, but we didnt seem to get any pressure on the QB or adapt to the runs up the middle.

I realize we only gave up 20 and they had great feild position, i just get frustrated when teams are able to run it right at us.

I love the Pelinis' but I think they got schooled a little bit yesterday.

Are they stubborn with their D, i now they are confident, but we didnt seem to get any pressure on the QB or adapt to the runs up the middle.

I realize we only gave up 20 and they had great feild position, i just get frustrated when teams are able to run it right at us.

What I think sucks about our D this year is that we are much more 'bend' than last year. We don't collapse the pocket as well, and therefore don't hurry throws or get sacks. Sacks and hurried throws (INTs) are drive killers. When we do get a stop, it's usually on 3rd and 4 after a couple first downs, allowing them to flip the field on us with a punt.

The only reason we've gotten so many INTs this season is because the offense has been putting teams in a hole early.