Is there a quarterback controversy?

Husker_x

Taylor's still the starting qb. He is the better talent for what we are trying to do. But when he has a day that he isnt getting the job done and furthers that with becoming a liability, then he has to sit. He wasnt pulled for bad play against sdsu, it was because he was beginning to be a freshman and turn the ball over. Yesterday, again, he was rattled and was putting the ball on the ground. We know we have something special with this guy, but there will be some growing pains as well.

No, there is no QB controversy. Pelini already said Taylor is starting next week.

The same guy who yanked his quarterback in the 3rd quarter is saying there is no controversy.

I'd be curious to know what his definition of a controversy is.

My definition is when you have no idea who is going to be under center from one series to the next.

if only martinez was coming into this season as a junior or senior... that would be gnarly

but anyways we see a lot in martinez and i think are fully committed to him lumps and all.. .bigger picture the staff as of now think martinez allows us to win this year and in the big-10 as well

Taylor gives us the best chance to win. We're obviously not suited to be a passing team. I don't believe Zac is a better passer anyways. We need to get away from running that zone read even when it fails though.

yeah Martinez also deserves a chance to run the zone read under the same conditions as Lee. When Lee got in there Watson changed the scheme so every one was blocked rather letting one man run free. I believe Martinez would have better results and more room to recover from mistakes if that man is blocked.

No, there is no QB controversy. Pelini already said Taylor is starting next week.

The same guy who yanked his quarterback in the 3rd quarter is saying there is no controversy.

I'd be curious to know what his definition of a controversy is.

My definition is when you have no idea who is going to be under center from one series to the next.

Zac won't be here next year, Taylor will be. Taylor is the guy. He is a freshman and we are going to take some lumps with him. Not sure how I feel about him being benched, but he clearly didn't have it.