Ranked #11

epocSoN

That is better than I thought. Huskers play the #15 and #16 team in back to back weeks. This is a big stretch. If the Skers can get through these next 2 games, then they slide back into the top 8 region. There is going to be a lot of carnage in the top 15 in the next few weeks. This is going to be another wild and awesome college football season.

Where we dropped to after yesterday's whuppin by an unranked opponent is the least of our problems right now. We were obviously way overrated. Now we have to see if somewhere in the teens is about right or we drop. Off the map or climb back. Before I can join the koolaid brigade, I will have to see this team beat two ranked teams in succession. Right now I doubt their ability to do so.

Okie state is light years better on offense than Texas. We seem to have a fair to good defense, but certainly nothing like last years Suh led bunch. Unless things change, OSU will hang tw or three TDs on us before we get settled in. Then our passing game will not be able to keep up. Their defense is not good but all they have to do is follow the sdsu and tejas playbook and shut down Martinez.

I no longer feel good about the Missouri game because though I think Gabbert can be rattled, I think they will be the best D we face this year in regular season. If that is the case, they won't have to score many points.

The season rests on the next two games. Playinng as we did in two out of our last three performances will result in a loss against either osu or mu. Lose em both and though we might go 9-3 pr 8-4 we will be seen as a big joke. Dems the facts. Thus far this year we have not beaten a ranked team and after all the shortcomings last night I don't see our chances as great in sweeping the next two.

I think we were overated ... and still are. I think that we are a Top 25-30 team. Still a few recruiting classes away. My concerns are still in the same place ... ball protection. This team lacks discipline for holding onto the ball and catching it. Can't put the blame on coaching or the players ... it just is what it is.

I don't think we should get to up or down about the polls ... we still have a few "L's" out there (OK. State and Missouri can be losses, TX A & M as well) and that's before/if we get to the Big 12 Title game.

SheepdogMark