Im not blaming the loss on the officials

There was also a very obvious block in the back on their first punt return, and a late hit on Martinez on our 2nd drive. After handing off to Helu, Martinez stood and watched as Helu was tackled behind the line. After the tackle was clearly made, Martinez was drilled in the back and knocked to the ground.

Not usually one to bag much on officials, but I do find this interesting.

Nebraska is the 2nd most penalized team in the Big 12 with 45 penalties for 72.7 yards per game. This doesn't really shock me, because this has been a problem for 3 years now.

However, this stat did shock me.

Opponent penalties

11. Colorado 30 penalties 42.7 Yards/Game

12. Nebraska 27 penalties 39.5 Yards/Game

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but are the two teams that are leaving getting the business by the refs on the way out?

We'll have to wait later in the season to see how this pans out. We've only played two conference games so far, which is too small of a sample size to go on.

I think there have been several potential calls against Nebraska that were not called that could have been. If they had a vendetta against us, they could have called probably half a dozen more false-start calls and several more holds.

We have also earned a lot of those penalties. We're not playing smart football a lot of the time. We need to take care of Nebraska first. This team seems to be focusing on too much outside of their control.

We'll have to wait later in the season to see how this pans out. We've only played two conference games so far, which is too small of a sample size to go on.

I think there have been several potential calls against Nebraska that were not called that could have been. If they had a vendetta against us, they could have called probably half a dozen more false-start calls and several more holds.

We have also earned a lot of those penalties. We're not playing smart football a lot of the time. We need to take care of Nebraska first. This team seems to be focusing on too much outside of their control.

Even though people didn't like the officials calls, what can we do about it? Bo did get after them midway through the third into the fourth, which I believe led to the unsportsmanlike conduct against Texas for taunting the fans. Championship teams play through everything.

Opponent penalties

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but are the two teams that are leaving getting the business by the refs on the way out?

How many of your Non-Con games had BIG12 refs? Did you limit your stats to just those? If you didn't do you think you could? I'd be interested to see if it supports your theory more or less.

It's not completely ludicrous to think that the BIG12 management in general would turn a blind eye to teams giving CO/NE the 'business'. However, wasn't Texas flagged for two personal fouls on one NE drive in the 3rd qtr? That would seem to conflict.

Opponent penalties

How many of your Non-Con games had BIG12 refs? Did you limit your stats to just those? If you didn't do you think you could? I'd be interested to see if it supports your theory more or less.

It's not completely ludicrous to think that the BIG12 management in general would turn a blind eye to teams giving CO/NE the 'business'. However, wasn't Texas flagged for two personal fouls on one NE drive in the 3rd qtr? That would seem to conflict.

Interesting. I believe that I mentioned before the season started that NU would get jobbed by the refs this year. However, the thing that I find intersting is that ut was averaging almost 9 penalties per game, and they were only flagged 2 or 3 times Saturday. Very odd.

That, and just off the top of my head, I can name 5 questionable to horrificly bad calls: Reed catch, Prince PI penalty, Sirles holding call, the missed block in the back on tu's first punt return, the facemask on Dennard (I think).

Yes we have a penchant of bringing this crap on ourselves, and there are many reasons why we lost this game, but the refs did us no favors. I'm sure those guys will get big bonuses from Commish. Beebe.

That, and just off the top of my head, I can name 5 questionable to horrificly bad calls: Reed catch, Prince PI penalty, Sirles holding call, the missed block in the back on tu's first punt return, the facemask on Dennard (I think).

The Reed catch should have been at least reviewed, bare minimum. At home, we should get every play that's even remotely close reviewed. And i don't want to hear that every play gets reviewed, no one who saw that on TV wouldn't have said "Let me see that again."

If Prince got PI on his call, then why didn't UT get called for it on the deep throw to Niles that he didn't catch? Incredibly similar contact, one a penalty, the other not.

Sirles got rushed so bad he didn't have time to hold...

Didn't see the block in the back, so no comment.

The facemask on Dennard was the right call. While not really on the facemask, officials will throw the flag on any tackle around the head that "twists."

The Reed catch should have been at least reviewed, bare minimum. At home, we should get every play that's even remotely close reviewed. And i don't want to hear that every play gets reviewed, no one who saw that on TV wouldn't have said "Let me see that again."

If Prince got PI on his call, then why didn't UT get called for it on the deep throw to Niles that he didn't catch? Incredibly similar contact, one a penalty, the other not.

Sirles got rushed so bad he didn't have time to hold...

Didn't see the block in the back, so no comment.

The facemask on Dennard was the right call. While not really on the facemask, officials will throw the flag on any tackle around the head that "twists."

If they wanted to flag Prince for holding earlier in the route, I could possibly see that, but when the flag was thrown, it was a bad call.

Sirles got pimp-slapped Acho on that play, he wasn't even engaged, so I'm trying to figure out how that was called.

As for the Dennard facemask, ther was very little twisting that went on there, it was questionable, IMO.

You know its bad when the announcers are constantly commenting on how bad the calls are... :dunno

I was just going to say that, I even remember the announcers openly questioning quite a few of the calls. It gets a little old having to not only play the team across from you, but to have to play against the refs too, it gets pretty tired.