Why we will lose to Missouri

When has Missouri looked bad in other games? Previously, you mentioned that Missouri almost lost to a Division II school. I don't mind you spouting off nonsense if it makes you feel better about your team. Please continue.

Apparently you missed the fact that Missouri trailed unranked San Diego State at home with less than a minute to go in the game? A TD with 52 seconds left to eke out a win against an unranked, crappy opponent kind of fits what enhance was saying, no?

You're welcome to pound your chest, and your team has earned you some boasting rights, but let's not lose our minds here. Missouri is by NO means invincible.

True they are not some power house but to be fair knappy they are #31 in the AP poll. They are not nearly as bad as you and others make them out to be.

They lost to BYU. 3-5 BYU. Let's not make a silk purse out of this team, shall we?

yeah that game....you know the one that caused a huge outcry because of the screw job from the replay officials that not only got the conference to review their procedures but also got people fired. Yep thats the game. :)

Question to the Tigers fans pimping San Diego State - are you guys of the opinion that Washington is a quality team? What about Idaho?

not pimping SDSU but I am off the opinion that they could beat nearly every team you have played so far. With the exception of Texas and OSU. I dont think thats too far out to say. Would they beat them all....thats a question that cant be answered, but I think they would have a pretty good shot at the rest of them

Question to the Tigers fans pimping San Diego State - are you guys of the opinion that Washington is a quality team? What about Idaho?

not pimping SDSU but I am off the opinion that they could beat nearly every team you have played so far. With the exception of Texas and OSU. I dont think thats too far out to say. Would they beat them all....thats a question that cant be answered, but I think they would have a pretty good shot at the rest of them

Meh. Washington could beat most everyone on your schedule. Doesn't mean they're a good team.

The point of the SDSU conversation is that Missouri cannot chest-pound and claim invincibility when they nearly lost at home to an unranked opponent, as Bad Breath was attempting.

The point of the SDSU conversation is that Missouri cannot chest-pound and claim invincibility when they nearly lost at home to an unranked opponent, as Bad Breath was attempting.

Who is chest-pounding and claiming invincibility? All I said was that I think Missouri is the better team with the results of the games to back up my claim. I also called out Enhance for his claim that Missouri has only played one good game and looked bad in the rest of their games and almost lost to a Division II team.

Who is chest-pounding and claiming invincibility? All I said was that I think Missouri is the better team with the results of the games to back up my claim. I also called out Enhance for his claim that Missouri has only played one good game and looked bad in the rest of their games and almost lost to a Division II team.

Telling enhance that he's "spouting off" when all he did was point out real in-game results sounds a lot like chest-pounding to me.

i do not get why we get blasted for our sdsu game. we did not blow them out like we should have, no. but i do not think the game was ever in question, as in we were never behind and we definitely need a touchdown in the last minute to win it.

this is just my $.02 on it. (watched the game with husker fans mind you) the thought among our group was NE was lucky to win. your SDSU had mulitiple scores called back and went for it on 4th instead of taking pts a couple of times also. The O was pretty much shut down and there for portions the of the game SDSU was in control of the lines. We all felt NE was light years ahead in talent but just played so poorly it was like they didnt even care to show up and they got punched in the face and were shocked. They played like that, like a fighter that expected a first round KO but instead is standing there with a bloody nose and is shocked this kid is still punching.

The other part of this is, that it was a PPV game. And there are not many other fans of other teams that will sit and watch a game like that.(nor may they have to opportunity too if they wanted) i am a rare type of football dork :lol: So all they see is crappy FCS team and a close score.

Which is much like the MU SDSU game. PPV, and a box score for the other fans to see against a WAC team. MU was just off that game. MU controlled both lines and really until that fluky run in the 4th and Gabberts 2 picks I never felt like we could lose. Mu left 21 pts on the field in the 1rst half alone in dropped TD passes and slight overthows to wide open players (sound familar ;))it was a wierd game over all. Much like Texas for NE. Differnce was Tx is much more talented (dont think they are a better team, but have better players). NE probably would have pulled of the win if in the same position as MU as well.

IMHO the MU - SDSU game and the NE-TX games are flukes. Too much wierd stuff happening. The only thing that sticks out to me was NE already had hands and fumble issues before that game. MU really didnt have those issues and hasnt since. But both games were just wierd to watch.

Those are good points, Fro, and it really speaks volumes about college football today. Any team can beat any other team if one has a bad game, simply because the talent is spread around so much more than ever before. The margins between teams is really pretty slim. A lot of it hinges on schemes, matchups and execution.

I wouldn't try to predict this game for love or money. Lock me in a room until the game is over and I'd believe you if you told me:

Missouri blew out Nebraska

Missouri beat Nebraska on Nebraska's mistakes

It was a close game but Missouri pulled it out

It was a close game but Nebraska pulled it out

Nebraska beat Missouri on Missouri's mistakes

Nebraska blew out Missouri

I really have no idea which team will win. And I have no idea if it'll be a good game or crap.

i do not get why we get blasted for our sdsu game. we did not blow them out like we should have, no. but i do not think the game was ever in question, as in we were never behind and we definitely need a touchdown in the last minute to win it.

this is just my $.02 on it. (watched the game with husker fans mind you) the thought among our group was NE was lucky to win. your SDSU had mulitiple scores called back and went for it on 4th instead of taking pts a couple of times also. The O was pretty much shut down and there for portions the of the game SDSU was in control of the lines. We all felt NE was light years ahead in talent but just played so poorly it was like they didnt even care to show up and they got punched in the face and were shocked. They played like that, like a fighter that expected a first round KO but instead is standing there with a bloody nose and is shocked this kid is still punching.

The other part of this is, that it was a PPV game. And there are not many other fans of other teams that will sit and watch a game like that.(nor may they have to opportunity too if they wanted) i am a rare type of football dork :lol: So all they see is crappy FCS team and a close score.

Which is much like the MU SDSU game. PPV, and a box score for the other fans to see against a WAC team. MU was just off that game. MU controlled both lines and really until that fluky run in the 4th and Gabberts 2 picks I never felt like we could lose. Mu left 21 pts on the field in the 1rst half alone in dropped TD passes and slight overthows to wide open players (sound familar ;))it was a wierd game over all. Much like Texas for NE. Differnce was Tx is much more talented (dont think they are a better team, but have better players). NE probably would have pulled of the win if in the same position as MU as well.

IMHO the MU - SDSU game and the NE-TX games are flukes. Too much wierd stuff happening. The only thing that sticks out to me was NE already had hands and fumble issues before that game. MU really didnt have those issues and hasnt since. But both games were just wierd to watch.

i enjoyed your analysis and think you are right. and that is the key to this game, if both teams play their best games, i think NU wins. however, i think mizzou is much more consistent and do not have the highs and lows of NU, they are more steady. really, the game is a toss-up. so many factors to consider between two solid teams.

We've both had our issues with a SDSU. I admit that Missouri's was worse. We should have played better that game. We gave up some really big plays. They may have been flukes, but it does make me worry about T-Mart and his big play ability.

There are two things I'm fairly certain will happen in this game. One is that Missouri will load the box, put a spy on T-mart and make him prove the OSU game wasn't a fluke by beating us with his arm. The other is that the Nebraska front four won't get pressure. If Missouri doesn't move the ball well it won't be the fault of their O-line.

Can't wait! My first trip to Lincoln. I'm tempted to get in the car and drive up right now.

Those are good points, Fro, and it really speaks volumes about college football today. Any team can beat any other team if one has a bad game, simply because the talent is spread around so much more than ever before. The margins between teams is really pretty slim. A lot of it hinges on schemes, matchups and execution.

I wouldn't try to predict this game for love or money. Lock me in a room until the game is over and I'd believe you if you told me:

Missouri blew out Nebraska

Missouri beat Nebraska on Nebraska's mistakes

It was a close game but Missouri pulled it out

It was a close game but Nebraska pulled it out

Nebraska beat Missouri on Missouri's mistakes

Nebraska blew out Missouri

I really have no idea which team will win. And I have no idea if it'll be a good game or crap.

I totally agree. Altough i would be really sad if was the bottom two. :)

We've both had our issues with a SDSU. I admit that Missouri's was worse. We should have played better that game. We gave up some really big plays. They may have been flukes, but it does make me worry about T-Mart and his big play ability.

There are two things I'm fairly certain will happen in this game. One is that Missouri will load the box, put a spy on T-mart and make him prove the OSU game wasn't a fluke by beating us with his arm. The other is that the Nebraska front four won't get pressure. If Missouri doesn't move the ball well it won't be the fault of their O-line.

Can't wait! My first trip to Lincoln. I'm tempted to get in the car and drive up right now.

hope you enjoy the trip! should be a good experience, win or lose. let us just hope for a good game and no injuries.