Why we will lose to Missouri

heres my honest question.

I have watched a good number of NE games this year and NE has not been able to generate much pressure at all on QB's. And as about 20 different posters have mentioned they believe the key is to pressure Gabbert. Then they go on to declair a Nebraska victory, most by double digits. Well my qusetion is, Mu possibly has the best O-line in the big12, and Ne hasnt really presured anyone, what makes you believe with such confidence that you will be able to this week?

It's ok Gabbert will be throwing the ball to receivers perfectly blanketed in man to man coverage. Gabberts going to have at least 2 interceptions. :)

The funny thing is MU lives on the fact that our 5 or 6 is better than yours. If you turn you backs in man, we will run on you. You try to double moe or egnew, then jackson or kemp beats your 3rd or 4th best.

it will be interesting. The single biggest factor in last years game was the ability of NE to put immediate presure on Gabbert.

And this is why I hate mizzou fans you guys talk more crap then anyone else in the big12. :LOLtartar still think you guys beat us in 98 lmao when it was a catch

I am not one to normally put people on blast.....but dude "this is why you hate Mizzou fans"....why...because i made a statement about MU's thinking on offense? Or because I made a 100% true statement about last years game?

"Just mad becuzz the big 10 didnt want you" ....yep!! you nailed me..... i am so upset that 11 years ago Michigan didnt offer me the schooly money i wanted....stupid admissions office <_<:lol:

I will let you in on a little secret....that wasnt smack talk or crap. that was a true statement. You must REALLY hate other husker fans then, you know, if people who talk out there butt is your pet peave..... ALOT of good husker fans, but you all have to admit, there are a lot of husker fans who you aviod/refuse to watch games with/annoy the heck out of you , all because they are clueless.

Oh....and one last thing there smart guy....the 'catch' was in 97. opps....now you will really hate me because i talked so much crap and know more about NE than you do.... :madash

have a nice day.

1. I have a feeling martinez is going to make A LOT of freshman mistakes this game. MU brings a lot of different blitzes and i have a feeling he will force some throws that will get intercepted and be rattled by the pressure. Texas didnt blitz all that often while missouri does. I dont think he has seen a defense that has blitzed as much as mizou

2. I do not feel that our dline will get enough pressure on gabbert and he will have all day to throw. They do run a lot of 4wr rand 5wrr sets, that being said, I feel like gabbert will break down our d if we have to blitz to create pressure.

3. They are underdogs and most people expect them to lose which eases a lot of pressure off of them to us. I feel like we do not do as well when we are the favorites against a team.

4. Our oline isnt the greatest and i think their dline/blitzing will cause a lot of mental mistakes and missed blocking assignments. Their D has looked pretty fast.

5. We are at home.

In conclusion, I hope we beat the living tar out of missouri but i have a bad feeling folks (much like the ttech game last year and the texas game this year). I also feel the most critical aspect to this game will be the play of our dline. If they cant creat pressure by themselves then we are in for a longggg game. GBR!

One thing Missouri has been doing that has been confusing quarterbacks, especially in conference play, is running alot of zone blitzes. MU's DE's have a couple of picks and knockdowns where the QB just doesn't see them dropping into the zone vacated by the blitzing LB. MU could get a big play off of these zone blitzes as they did against OU.

Martinez is playing a more complex defense that is much faster and more athletic than the MU defenses of the past. I read somewhere on Huskerboard where a poster said MU's defense was poorly coached. I tend to disagree, seems to be a very well coached defense.

heres my honest question.

I have watched a good number of NE games this year and NE has not been able to generate much pressure at all on QB's. And as about 20 different posters have mentioned they believe the key is to pressure Gabbert. Then they go on to declair a Nebraska victory, most by double digits. Well my qusetion is, Mu possibly has the best O-line in the big12, and Ne hasnt really presured anyone, what makes you believe with such confidence that you will be able to this week?

It's ok Gabbert will be throwing the ball to receivers perfectly blanketed in man to man coverage. Gabberts going to have at least 2 interceptions. :)

The funny thing is MU lives on the fact that our 5 or 6 is better than yours. If you turn you backs in man, we will run on you. You try to double moe or egnew, then jackson or kemp beats your 3rd or 4th best.

it will be interesting. The single biggest factor in last years game was the ability of NE to put immediate presure on Gabbert.

And this is why I hate mizzou fans you guys talk more crap then anyone else in the big12. Just mad becuzz the big 10 didnt want you :LOLtartar still think you guys beat us in 98 lmao when it was a catch

I don't see anyone "talking crap" looks like just good football debate.. and as a Missouri fan.. who was at the game in '98, that was a catch, it sucks, but it was a crazy play and great reflexes by Davison.. can we move forward to this week now?..lol

A&M is also 4-3 and has looked very vulnerable against good and bad competition all year.

A&M has not lost to an unranked team. Nebraska has.

Texas as been ranked twice during the season there buddy so calm down and Texas didn't beat Nebraska, Nebraska beat Nebraska.

Texas A&M was getting a lot of attention during the off season as a team to watch but quite frankly they have been a HUGE bust this year. Look at their schedule all of their wins have come agianst very poor opponents Stephen Austin, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, and Kansas. They came close to beating OSU and Arkansas and got manhandled by Mizzou. Quite frankly Texas A&M isn't a good team right now.

OU has been a huge question mark this season. Barely beating Utah State at home and Cinncinati on the road but yet blowing out Florida State at home which doesn't make any sense. I will agree that I didn't think OU deserve to be #1 because I believe that Oregon and Auburn are the true undefeated BCS teams to worry about at this moment and OU has struggled in games they should've won easily.

Jock and Enhance (anyone else that has stated this),

You guys are right on but I would also bring up a counter point, Like you I dont get why a MU fan would dog Texas. Yes...their not the best team this year, but they are still very talented. Are they great, not at all. Do they have the talent to jump up on a given day and beat just about anybody, yeah they do.

However on the flip side, you may not agree that OU was #1. Thats fine, but they were #3 in both polls. Its not like they were #20 in the country, and even if there were, thats still a good win. #1 or #3, still a very good victory. And Mu won that game fair and square. you can point out any OU mistakes, dont forget MU mistakes which gave OU 2 Tds and stalled drives that we could have scored and also kicking FG's when we had the ball on or inside the 10. Neither team played perfect, Mu was better.

on a side note, ATM is not a bad team, but they could become one quickly. losing dogs a good team, they lose focus and drive. But that ATM team turned the ball over 5 times against OSU and still should have won and had ARK on the ropes before turnovers cost them again. They are about as bad of a team as Texas is.

The Texas defense is the best defense Nebraska will have faced in the regular season hands down. They have better athletes and a better DC than Mizzou. Is Mizzou better this year defensively? Absolutely. But, they're still not Texas which is why I think Nebraska will have a lot more success.

Furthermore, why is Missouri the better team? Because they're undefeated and beat OU for the first time in years? Please. Missouri is a good program but my God. Was it not just weeks ago that people were calling for Yost's head? Missouri looked good Saturday but they have also looked equally as bad in other games. One game won't change that perception for me. Obviously Nebraska isn't unblemished this year, but using this one game against OU as justification over an entire half season's performance so far is laughable.

The Texas defense is the best defense Nebraska will have faced in the regular season hands down. They have better athletes and a better DC than Mizzou. Is Mizzou better this year defensively? Absolutely. But, they're still not Texas which is why I think Nebraska will have a lot more success.

Furthermore, why is Missouri the better team? Because they're undefeated and beat OU for the first time in years? Please. Missouri is a good program but my God. Was it not just weeks ago that people were calling for Yost's head? Missouri looked good Saturday but they have also looked equally as bad in other games. One game won't change that perception for me. Obviously Nebraska isn't unblemished this year, but using this one game against OU as justification over an entire half season's performance so far is laughable.

I know you say Texas has the best defense Nebraska will play, and that may well play out by the end of the season, but right now, I think you have a problem proving that with on the field play up until now. Missouri has proven itself to be much more formidable than Texas at this point, I guess we will see what play out on Saturday.

I know you say Texas has the best defense Nebraska will play, and that may well play out by the end of the season, but right now, I think you have a problem proving that with on the field play up until now. Missouri has proven itself to be much more formidable than Texas at this point, I guess we will see what play out on Saturday.

Texas' D is lights out, they give up like 250 yards a game, WAY better than the #2 team in the conference (which I think is NU, but I could be mistaken). Their D isn't their problem, their offense coughing up the ball at a record rate is. Texas has 3 losses because of about 15 turnovers, it's not because of their D, their D is VERY, VERY good, the best in the league, by quite a distance. Their front 4 on D is unreal, best in the big 12 and maybe the best in the country.

MU's D is talented and MUCH better than in years past, but it's no Texas'. They still give up a 60% completion rate and will surrender yards on the ground as well. BUT, they have been VERY good at keeping teams out of the endzone when they get in the 20's. We'll see how it plays out I guess, but from everything I can tell and from what I've seen, it should be a good game unless one team just coughs the ball up time and time again.

Missouri looked good Saturday but they have also looked equally as bad in other games.

When has Missouri looked bad in other games? Previously, you mentioned that Missouri almost lost to a Division II school. I don't mind you spouting off nonsense if it makes you feel better about your team. Please continue.

When has Missouri looked bad in other games? Previously, you mentioned that Missouri almost lost to a Division II school. I don't mind you spouting off nonsense if it makes you feel better about your team. Please continue.

Apparently you missed the fact that Missouri trailed unranked San Diego State at home with less than a minute to go in the game? A TD with 52 seconds left to eke out a win against an unranked, crappy opponent kind of fits what enhance was saying, no?

You're welcome to pound your chest, and your team has earned you some boasting rights, but let's not lose our minds here. Missouri is by NO means invincible.

Texas' D is lights out, they give up like 250 yards a game.

While the Texas D is decent, they've really only looked impressive in two games this year: Texas Tech and Nebraska. In all of their other games, the opposing offense has been right around their typical average in offensive output. Iowa State's offense just put up 335 yards against Texas, considerably more than they had against Kansas State (293), Iowa (275), Northern Iowa (210) and Oklahoma (183). Considering that they put up almost twice as many yards against Texas as they did against Oklahoma, Iowa State will tell you that Oklahoma's defense is a lot tougher than Texas'.

Texas defensive stats have been padded by going up against the weakest offenses in the nation in Rice (National Rank: 100), UCLA (102), Iowa State (103) and Wyoming (120). Average rank of Texas' opponents' offense: 70. I would hardly consider their defense "lights out."

Missouri looked good Saturday but they have also looked equally as bad in other games.

Really dude? U just start following Mizzou now that they're winning? I would think most Mizzou fans would know about their 3 point win against SDSU

Apparently you missed the fact that Missouri trailed unranked San Diego State at home with less than a minute to go in the game? A TD with 52 seconds left to eke out a win against an unranked, crappy opponent kind of fits what enhance was saying, no?

You're welcome to pound your chest, and your team has earned you some boasting rights, but let's not lose our minds here. Missouri is by NO means invincible.

Well, I'd like to point out that San Diego State is not a D2 school. They're FBS all the way and are a quality top 50 team.

I know I'll, probably get blasted for saying this, but good teams find a way to win those games. Were they down 24-20 with a minute to go? Yes. Did they give up? No. Remember, you guys had trouble with South Dakota State (FCS school) at home this year. Did you find a way to win it? Yes. Neither team is invincible, and I don't think anyone is saying they are.

True they are not some power house but to be fair knappy they are #31 in the AP poll. They are not nearly as bad as you and others make them out to be.

Well, I'd like to point out that San Diego State is not a D2 school. They're FBS all the way and are a quality top 50 team.

I know I'll, probably get blasted for saying this, but good teams find a way to win those games. Were they down 24-20 with a minute to go? Yes. Did they give up? No. Remember, you guys had trouble with South Dakota State (FCS school) at home this year. Did you find a way to win it? Yes. Neither team is invincible, and I don't think anyone is saying they are.

Did you just use the word "quality" referring to San Diego State? This is the same SDSU that has scratched out a 5-2 record against the 112th SOS, right? The same team that lost to 3-5 BYU, right?

True they are not some power house but to be fair knappy they are #31 in the AP poll. They are not nearly as bad as you and others make them out to be.

They lost to BYU. 3-5 BYU. Let's not make a silk purse out of this team, shall we?