Why we will lose to Missouri

Disrespect? By Vegas betting lines?

It is all about money, and not which team they really think will win.

I would hope MU fans understand that!

Absolutely teams feel disrespected by Vegas betting lines, and play with a chip on their shoulder because of them. That's not unusual at all.

Really? Can you site any team that has even mentioned Vegas betting odds?

Serious question, I have never heard of it before.

Absolutely teams feel disrespected by Vegas betting lines, and play with a chip on their shoulder because of them. That's not unusual at all.

"It was our chance (to prove the doubters wrong). We were an underdog coming into this game, I believe a three-point underdog," Gabbert said.

Link

It's ironic looking back because another huge win later they still have plenty of doubters.

I think Bo should take the team on a little adventure Friday night ... to Scottsbluff. Put them up in the Super 8 and then get them up at 5 a.m. Saturday to bus their butts all the way back to Lincoln.

True road game ... easy win for the Huskers !!

GBR

Great idea! Except we're not going to need ideas like that this week 'cause we're gonna turn the corner this Saturday. We know the Blackshirts play great at home, and there's no reason to expect any different from them. The only thing that's held us back this year is the lack of focus offensively. And that's gonna change this time. It's about time we turn home games back into the home field advantage we all know and love.

"It was our chance (to prove the doubters wrong). We were an underdog coming into this game, I believe a three-point underdog," Gabbert said.

Link

It's ironic looking back because another huge win later they still have plenty of doubters.

thanks

Did I miss the News that Missouri is magically a better team than Nebraska?

The same team that should have lost to San Diego State?

you keep going to that well but i can do the same to you. A "should have lost" to our SDSU is a hell of a lot better than your "should have lost" to your SDSU.

and guess what....just because you should have lost to south dakota and failed to really stomp other horible teams in WKU and idaho as well as laying a giant turd against an avg texas team have nothing to do with this week.

I will give some of you here credit. First its "wait till MU plays ATM, their so called great D will get exposed", then its "OU will stomp them. it wont even be close" now its "well they almost lost a game once...."

If MU wins this game i cant wait to read some of the excuses and "yeah buts" that will be on this board. Both teams are good. One team will win. And most likely that team will win the north. It should be a good game.

OH, and BTW, for all you haters out there. Every time you tear a team down about how bad that team is, it makes your wins not as impressive and your losses that much worse.

You wanna know why i don't like Missouri?

I don't understand why they chose a Tiger as their mascot. I've never known there to be wild tigers in Missouri or why they would choose one.

But it will be a good game, if Mizzou does beat Nebraska, i hope they take the #1 spot over Auburn, or at least #2.

I don't understand why they chose a Tiger as their mascot. I've never known there to be wild tigers in Missouri or why they would choose one.

But it will be a good game, if Mizzou does beat Nebraska, i hope they take the #1 spot over Auburn, or at least #2.

if that happens oregon would come unglued. They are already steaming

you keep going to that well but i can do the same to you. A "should have lost" to our SDSU is a hell of a lot better than your "should have lost" to your SDSU.

and guess what....just because you should have lost to south dakota and failed to really stomp other horible teams in WKU and idaho as well as laying a giant turd against an avg texas team have nothing to do with this week.

I will give some of you here credit. First its "wait till MU plays ATM, their so called great D will get exposed", then its "OU will stomp them. it wont even be close" now its "well they almost lost a game once...."

If MU wins this game i cant wait to read some of the excuses and "yeah buts" that will be on this board. Both teams are good. One team will win. And most likely that team will win the north. It should be a good game.

OH, and BTW, for all you haters out there. Every time you tear a team down about how bad that team is, it makes your wins not as impressive and your losses that much worse.

Fro, I completely agree with you that Nebraska is no better. But it seems that many are giving this one to Missouri already. I think its a dead toss up. Both teams have looked good and bad this season, I just didn't understand the "We lose this hands down" attitude.

I think that NU has the ability to win this game, but they've also shown an excellent ability to lose or struggle in games. I don't know what excuses there really were for losing to Texas other than their heads weren't screwed on (over-/under-confident?), but that's not a "yeah but..." excuse, because that mental part of the game is a part of the game. If NU can't come out prepared and fired up and then struggles or loses in games that should have been won handily, that's just as much as part of the game as a bad offense or defense.

It's the elements that make up the "Yeahbuts" (I think it should be one word from now on :) ) that separate excellent/outstanding programs from pretty good/inconsistent programs. The yeahbut that seems to be tripping up NU is attitudinal and possibly systemic and not easy to fix. There is talent, there seems to be pretty decent game plans, but mentally, there is some kind of fall-apart. Not NEARLY as bad as the B.C. years where a 7 point deficit threw the coaching staff into a spiral of "not making it worse."

This should be a good game, they ought to be fired up for this one... at least they'd better be because I'm going to be in the stadium and I don't want to have to listen to too many missouri cheers ;)

Fro, I completely agree with you that Nebraska is no better. But it seems that many are giving this one to Missouri already. I think its a dead toss up. Both teams have looked good and bad this season, I just didn't understand the "We lose this hands down" attitude.

When i read what i wrote again it seemed directed at you. It wasnt buddy. It was more a a general statement. I agree this should be a very close game. I think both teams do things that will give the other trouble. And i agree it sucks to hear your fellow fans have a give up attitude about a game.

I think that NU has the ability to win this game, but they've also shown an excellent ability to lose or struggle in games. I don't know what excuses there really were for losing to Texas other than their heads weren't screwed on (over-/under-confident?), but that's not a "yeah but..." excuse, because that mental part of the game is a part of the game. If NU can't come out prepared and fired up and then struggles or loses in games that should have been won handily, that's just as much as part of the game as a bad offense or defense.

It's the elements that make up the "Yeahbuts" (I think it should be one word from now on :) ) that separate excellent/outstanding programs from pretty good/inconsistent programs. The yeahbut that seems to be tripping up NU is attitudinal and possibly systemic and not easy to fix. There is talent, there seems to be pretty decent game plans, but mentally, there is some kind of fall-apart. Not NEARLY as bad as the B.C. years where a 7 point deficit threw the coaching staff into a spiral of "not making it worse."

This should be a good game, they ought to be fired up for this one... at least they'd better be because I'm going to be in the stadium and I don't want to have to listen to too many missouri cheers ;)

All good poins Glendower. personally i think its a toss up game with emotion and early scoring being the deciding factors. And i know you dont want it, but i would love to be able to hear "M..I..Z" & "Z..O..U" cheered from the staduim. ;)

"The nickname "Tigers," given to Mizzou's athletic teams, traces its origin to the Civil War period. At that time, plundering guerilla bands habitually raided small towns, and Columbia people constantly feared an attack. Such organizations as temporary "home guards" and vigilance companies banded together to fight off any possible forays.

The town's preparedness discouraged any guerilla activity and the protecting organization began to disband in 1854. However, it was rumored that a guerilla band, led by the notorious Bill Anderson, intended to sack the town. Quickly organized was an armed guard of Columbia citizens, who built a blockhouse and fortified the old courthouse in the center of town. This company was called "The Missouri Tigers."

The marauders never came. The reputation of the intrepid "Tigers" presumably traveled abroad, and Anderson's gang detoured around Columbia.

Soon after Missouri's first football team was organized in 1890, the athletic committee adopted the nickname "Tiger" in official recognition of those Civil War defenders."

Now you'll just have to hate us because we're a bunch of jhort wearing, meth-addicted douchebags. :)