Couple things after rewatching the game

Taylor

I think a big reason the coaches felt good about moving Mike Mcneil to WR was the potential of Kyler. Kid has stepped up and is a mismatch against a LB or saftey. Another thing I like was the attitude of the QB's. I know they have said all the right things all year but everytime Taylor came off the field Cody and Zac were there talking to him and congratulating him. Dont see Cody leaving, I think he knows he is a big hit from being in. Especially next year with lee leaving. I see the QB's coming in taking a redshirt. The line defenitly needs to get some pressure on the QB. Just looks like they are tied up the entire play. If we can get pressure on Gabbert we win. My pick 34 to 20 GBR!

Something I noticed after rewatching the game was that Niles Paul made some great plays. He bailed Taylor out on a few poorly thrown balls. Talk about a redemption game.

That's what WR's are supposed to do! QB's aren't always going to serve it up on a platter for you, it's his job to get it in your area and it's the WR job to catch it!

Seems our WR's are better when the ball isn't perfectly thrown.

Something I noticed after rewatching the game was that Niles Paul made some great plays. He bailed Taylor out on a few poorly thrown balls. Talk about a redemption game.

That's what WR's are supposed to do! QB's aren't always going to serve it up on a platter for you, it's his job to get it in your area and it's the WR job to catch it!

Exactly!!

There is ZERO qbs on this planet who hit their wrs between the numbers every time or even remotely close to that. A decent wr is SUPPOSED to catch the ball if he can get his hands on it. Yes, even "our" wrs.

I guess Davison, Peterson, Swift, etc have been gone to long for our fans to remember what good wrs can do. Just because we dropped eight or more almost perfectly thrown balls vs Texas doesn't mean our qbs have to walk the ball to our wrs and hand it to them all covered with super glue.

Exactly!!

There is ZERO qbs on this planet who hit their wrs between the numbers every time or even remotely close to that. A decent wr is SUPPOSED to catch the ball if he can get his hands on it. Yes, even "our" wrs.

I guess Davison, Peterson, Swift, etc have been gone to long for our fans to remember what good wrs can do. Just because we dropped eight or more almost perfectly thrown balls vs Texas doesn't mean our qbs have to walk the ball to our wrs and hand it to them all covered with super glue.

If he wants to put it there, Peyton Manning does. Other then he, you are correct.

I think a big reason the coaches felt good about moving Mike Mcneil to WR was the potential of Kyler. Kid has stepped up and is a mismatch against a LB or saftey. Another thing I like was the attitude of the QB's. I know they have said all the right things all year but everytime Taylor came off the field Cody and Zac were there talking to him and congratulating him. Dont see Cody leaving, I think he knows he is a big hit from being in. Especially next year with lee leaving. I see the QB's coming in taking a redshirt. The line defenitly needs to get some pressure on the QB. Just looks like they are tied up the entire play. If we can get pressure on Gabbert we win. My pick 34 to 20 GBR!

Yes he has stepped up, but even bigger for Kyler is that he is finally gotten over his....how did we ssy this back in the day.....ah, yes pussitis. A couple of guys have told me that Kyler would get hit and it always was something major. This is a reason why he was rarely seen in games last year. He'd take a hit and make it into something more than it is. It is good to see him performing well this year and becoming a more physical player.

Kyler is a stud man Iam telling ya . If he beats a corner back its a eazy 6 points . I think mizzou should be worried a lil bit

Actually I don't know how easily he can beat a corner, but LBs lined up on him from the TE position, definitely

He did beat a corner on his long TD catch against OK state. But most of the time you are right that he will be lined up against a LB. Which is a huge mismatch.

Kyler is a stud man Iam telling ya . If he beats a corner back its a eazy 6 points . I think mizzou should be worried a lil bit

Actually I don't know how easily he can beat a corner, but LBs lined up on him from the TE position, definitely

Both long TD's this year (against KSU and OSU respectively) were him lined up one on one with a cornerback, beating the coverage and getting behind the safeties.