Most interesting matchup of the weekend regarding the MU@NU game

I am really looking forward to Martinez vs Smith this weekend. Smith did a fantastic job of shutting down Scheelhaase during the 1st game of the season in the second half. Scheelhaase was running all over us until GP made a second half adjustment, yes a SECOND HALF adjustment, and Smith started spying on Scheelhaase and shut him down. I think thats what will happen this weekend, meaning Smith spying Martinez. Martinez is definitely a lot more talented than Scheelhaase. Looking forward to a good game!

Is he all the way healed from the broken leg? He looked a little slow on that pick return. You wouldn't want Taylor to break his ankles too! ;)

One thing that sticks out about Martinez is how easily he gets out of the pocket when he wants to, no DL ever get a hand on him and there is a 0% chance any DL is going to catch him from behind. There were a couple of times on Saturday when he scrambled a bit and most QB's would have been grabbed from behind from the DE, but his first step is SO FREAKING FAST, they just have no shot. He's fun to watch, let's hope his confidence keeps growing this weekend.

Is he all the way healed from the broken leg? He looked a little slow on that pick return. You wouldn't want Taylor to break his ankles too! ;)

One thing that sticks out about Martinez is how easily he gets out of the pocket when he wants to, no DL ever get a hand on him and there is a 0% chance any DL is going to catch him from behind. There were a couple of times on Saturday when he scrambled a bit and most QB's would have been grabbed from behind from the DE, but his first step is SO FREAKING FAST, they just have no shot. He's fun to watch, let's hope his confidence keeps growing this weekend.

I've seen Smith run down WR and RB from behind. Not saying he can catch TM, but he does have some deceptive speed. Hopefully he is near fully healed by Saturday.

I've seen Smith run down WR and RB from behind. Not saying he can catch TM, but he does have some deceptive speed. Hopefully he is near fully healed by Saturday.

While Aldon Smith is an outstanding player and will probably give every team you guys play fits, if his arm doesn't reach Martinez, he's not catching him, one step and he's full speed. Smith is a fabulous player, but he's not running down Martinez from behind at any point.

The matchup that I will be watching is the Missouri slot receivers versus Nebraska's safeties and linebackers. We know that NU's CBs are tough and will be blanketing Missouri's primary wide receivers (Jerrell Jackson and Wes Kemp), but how will the midfielders do against T.J. Moe and Michael Egnew?

That's what the Peso was built for. Put Gomes and Hagg on them or Hagg and David. I'm certainly not saying they're going to shut them down or anything, but that was the idea behind the Peso defense.

While Aldon Smith is an outstanding player and will probably give every team you guys play fits, if his arm doesn't reach Martinez, he's not catching him, one step and he's full speed. Smith is a fabulous player, but he's not running down Martinez from behind at any point.

Though I am sure he is fast for his size, he will never run down TMfrom behind IF TMis full out. He might very well smack TM hard with an angle or if TM is trying to throw. Two guys I noticed in the film last night on espnu was another DE named smith and a player named Sams. they seemed right at home in the Ou backfield. Hesitating against that bunch is asking for trouble. Get a play and whether it is run or pass get it off quickly.

Though I am sure he is fast for his size, he will never run down TMfrom behind IF TMis full out. He might very well smack TM hard with an angle or if TM is trying to throw. Two guys I noticed in the film last night on espnu was another DE named smith and a player named Sams. they seemed right at home in the Ou backfield. Hesitating against that bunch is asking for trouble. Get a play and whether it is run or pass get it off quickly.

Smith will actually make Martinez run faster. I know if I had someone like that chasing me, I'd run faster :corndance

The matchup that I will be watching is the Missouri slot receivers versus Nebraska's safeties and linebackers. We know that NU's CBs are tough and will be blanketing Missouri's primary wide receivers (Jerrell Jackson and Wes Kemp), but how will the midfielders do against T.J. Moe and Michael Egnew?

Look up this name: Eric Hagg. YouTube that guy.

I'm not worried about the slot receivers, I'm worried about deep routes in front of Thenarse or West or Smith.

I want to see how the center and guards matchup against Mizzou's interior D. Caputo, R Henry, and Williams all seemed out of sync and probably played their worst game this year against Okie State. Theis push against the Tigers interior two and LBs will be a key match up. Even a little bigger now Mizzou will have a backup in at DT. I think Wats tries to bang it up the gut to help open up the outside for Taylor.

Eric Hagg is one of the most dynamic defenders in the nation. The guy hits like a linebacker and covers like a safety. Very talented player and a Senior no less.

I'm interested in the Smith v. Martinez match up as well. Steelhaase played on a far inferior team so I'm thinking it will be a bigger challenge for Missouri this week. The one thing that has been talked a lot this week is that Martinez didn't run out of the pocket as much as he used to in previous weeks. He is starting to keep his eyes down field and make something happen with his arm as well, which is a very good sign.