dammit....

t_husker

Hey what do you know? Wikipedia on Ron Franklin:

as basketball and football play-by-play commentator for the University of Texas from 1983-1988. He was also the play-by-play voice of the Houston Oilers from 1971-1982. He also worked as sports director for four different local news stations including: KSWS in Roswell, New Mexico in 1965, KVOO in Tulsa, Oklahoma from 1967–1971, KHOU-TV and KPRC-TV, both in Houston, Texas from 1971–1980 and 1980-1987 respectively.

Franklin is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. He is married with one child. Franklin lives in Austin, TX

I'm just going to say that last weeks broadcast of the University of Oklahoma State vs University of Nebraska was terrible. The lack of professionalism and biased commentary was completely terrible. At one point, I believe he or Ed Cunningham even ventured a terrible opinion that players should strap on old leather helmets to see who the really tough players are and what kind of tackles they could make. WHAT KIND OF INSANE THINKING IS THIS? His reasoning? Today's helmets are "too safe" and "encourages" players to lead with their helmet? Tell me, at what level of football are we EVER taught to tackle by leading with the helmet? This same horrible journalistic reporting brought forth the same comment that the free safety position should be removed. Terrible, TERRIBLE, journalism skills. Perhaps a 1-game suspension from broadcasting is in order for this duo?

That's what I sent ESPN.