I'm gonna be a man and say it

The Meredith hit was clearly a helmet to helmt hit, and it was, in my opinion, correctly flagged. Mizzou fans -- be pissed at him. Don't just play patsy to the announcers. What happened with Courtney, is he went in for the hit, Gabbert saw him, and crouched. That is why the hit looked worse than it would've have been. Well, Gabbert's head might have bounced off the turf if he hadn't crouched to protect himself.

My question is this. What is Courtney suppose to do? Go after his legs? Yeah right, and give him a horrible knee injury.

This announcer has obviously found a "path to fame". Take the latest thing in football and complain about it.

Also Mizzou fans -- what about the hit Stoops talked about on the return for a TD. Are you willing to owe up that that guy should have been suspended too?

Meredith's hit wasn't malicious either. Those hits are just going to happen - they're inevitable if you're playing aggressive. Meredith got off his block, Gabbert stepped right up into him, and before you know it, Meredith popped him in the head and drove him into the ground. There's nothing Cameron could have done differently. Same with Osborne.

I think you want to protect players. But they haven't figured out how to officiate these hits yet. It's a mess right now.

to me I think the Merideth hit was about as good as he could have done, he came around his blocker and Gabbert was stepping towards him, in no way was Gabbert defenseless during this play. It was a football play and that is what gets missed sometimes, i dont like to see guys get hurt anymore than the next, but if the Big 12 wants to suspend this hit, they should look at Virgina's hit against Jacory Harris before they think about suspending Cameron.

The Meredith hit was clearly a helmet to helmt hit, and it was, in my opinion, correctly flagged. Mizzou fans -- be pissed at him. Don't just play patsy to the announcers. What happened with Courtney, is he went in for the hit, Gabbert saw him, and crouched. That is why the hit looked worse than it would've have been. Well, Gabbert's head might have bounced off the turf if he hadn't crouched to protect himself.

My question is this. What is Courtney suppose to do? Go after his legs? Yeah right, and give him a horrible knee injury.

This announcer has obviously found a "path to fame". Take the latest thing in football and complain about it.

Also Mizzou fans -- what about the hit Stoops talked about on the return for a TD. Are you willing to owe up that that guy should have been suspended too?

Can't speak for others, but I'm not complaining about either one. I think both were much different than the Martin hit last week. Martin had a clean shot in the open field and could've easily squared up and drilled the kid in the chest. Both these hits today were split-second decisions while rushing the QB, one of them in traffic.

Flag, maybe, but a suspension is too harsh, IMO.

Putting your head down and intentionally popping someone else in the head is one thing, but yeah, people are going TOO crazy about this! I am totally against head trauma-- not a fan, but if the forehead of your helmet hits someone else's helmet when you tackle them, well, that's just going to happen. That's WHY people wear helmets in the first place, because heads knock together when people run into one another and are relatively the same height! If head collisions didn't JUST HAPPEN, no one would have ever thought about the whole helmet thing to begin with!

Yeah, I can agree with the Meredith call. I don't agree with anyone trying to make a big deal about the Osborne hit. You should see some of the threads on other teams message boards about us. Now all of the sudden we are the dirtiest team in America. Give me a break, I hope we get a shot at OSU in the Big XII Championship game if we win out. They are still running their mouths...........

Can't speak for others, but I'm not complaining about either one. I think both were much different than the Martin hit last week. Martin had a clean shot in the open field and could've easily squared up and drilled the kid in the chest. Both these hits today were split-second decisions while rushing the QB, one of them in traffic.

Now im just different on this i guess. I didnt see anything dirty about Martin's hit. I did see Meredith's as kinda screwey because as said he was buzzing upfield off a move and Gabbert did step right into him. The Osbourne hit just bugs me cuz he had a clean shot on the qb on a straight line beat to him and he shoulda had his head no where near the vicinity of Gabbert's. BUT.... i do agree with the fact that Gabbert did duck at the last second allowing the helmets to collide, but is say Osbourne coulda taken a better choice in hit. Funny how this was overlooked, it's worse than anything that happened this year.

hell, Courtney's hit wasn't even from the blindside! i suppose Beebe will suspend either him or Meredith next week, good riddance to the Big 12 crybabies, no one complained when Martinez had his legs viciously cut, girlie-men, it is football!

Hitting a ball carrier in the legs is not a penalty and he didn't lead with his helmet.

I have to say T-Nuts...you're pretty classy for a Mizzou fan. I hope you stick around :thumbs