Lee Barfknecht

Nebula

Apparently I haven't read enough of his stuff to pick up on any trends... I thought the article was humorous. IMO he sounds like a lot of Husker fans I know that before the game were saying these same things "Don't worry, it's Missouri and Gary Pinkel, he/they always find a way to p*ss it down their leg. It's MISSOURI!"

Never once did he take a shot at Nebraska, I read it as "all Bo needed to do was throw in a small wrinkle to bring out the Pinkel factor, and that's what he did."

So...we didn't win the game, Missouri simply lost it? Am I overly sensitive, or does it seem like Lee Barfknecht prefers dental surgery over writing positive things about NU? I'm not looking for some dishonest optimistic spin on everything Husker related I read...I'm all for journalistic integrity. But this guy kills me. I read that part in bold, and I feel like I've got a pretty good idea what Lee thinks the answer is to that question. His coverage of NU football just always seem to lean toward the negative, imho.

Is it just me? What do you guys think?

Is that really what you took from that article? Overall, it was a big, fat cheap shot at MU, the kind of which other posters on this forum have been critical of when it was about NU. He basically said MU sucked so bad that they couldn't even adjust to a simple alignment change up front. That's about as red-tinted as it comes.

You should probably read more of his articles. He's written similar articles about NU many a time.

It's gotta hurt, but there's nothing untrue in the article..

Apparently I haven't read enough of his stuff to pick up on any trends... I thought the article was humorous. IMO he sounds like a lot of Husker fans I know that before the game were saying these same things "Don't worry, it's Missouri and Gary Pinkel, he/they always find a way to p*ss it down their leg. It's MISSOURI!"

Never once did he take a shot at Nebraska, I read it as "all Bo needed to do was throw in a small wrinkle to bring out the Pinkel factor, and that's what he did."

I don't know of anyone that would confuse Lee for a Husker fan...

From what I saw we did make some adjustments on our front line. I think Carl simplified some things and cut the dogs loose.

I think he is reading too much into the stats. Our run D was bad at first but primarily only because we were asking our line too fill the void of our injured LB's.

With Compton back we went back too what we normally do.

I think Lee is just more objective than your average writer. That question is a really good question, because it has potential for a fantastic response that could leave a sour taste in someone's mouth.

You may be right——perhaps Barfy is trying be objective. Or perhaps he is just an asshat. I vote for #2. Generally local sportswriters cater to local teams.

mizzou didn't beat themselves. let's make that perfectly clear. we had ONE RB gain over 300yds against them. we sacked them 6 times and stopped them on the 6 inch line.

it's not like Huskers v Texass where we straight up dropped 3 TD catches. they didn't drop 3 TD catches or fumble 8 times or have a huge number of penalties or a big injury.

WE BEAT MIZZOU.

oh, and mizzou was Pinkl'D a bit as well

I didn't get a chance to see the game, but I did listen to it on the radio. Even Matty said that Mizzou looked slow and flat during the game compared to how they played a week ago against OU. I guess it does make me wonder a little when Mizzou's OL was ranked pretty decent while our DL hasn't exactly lit the World on fire. Is it a case of them playing slow and flat, or did we simply play up to our potential. I was surprised Mizzou didn't run the ball more. Against OU, they sliced through their DL for good chunks of yardage. Listening to the game, it was almost like Pickle called Clownahan for game plan advice. It was identical to Clownahan's game plan against OU in the Big 12 Championship Game in 2006.

I don't know of anyone that would confuse Lee for a Husker fan...

:yeah

That is a GOOD Mizzou team the played on Saturday, and I am not surprised that Lee wrote that at all. Yes it looks bad b/c he is a writer for the W-H but I have never really read anything overly pro NU from him. I can see why MU fans are taking this the wrong way, as they should, but at the same time KC, SL, Columbia media would have been all over the Huskers if Mizzou would have won.

I hate to say it, but Mizzou got Pinkel'D once again, I really question his decision making in big games.

Lee is a member of the media and covers the Big 12. It isn't his job to shower love on the Huskers and I'm fine with that.

It isn't his job to be the turd in Nebraska's punch bowl, but he's been that for longer than I can remember. If he was strictly neutral I could respect that. But he's not - he's been overtly antagonistic to Husker football for years, including some pretty cheap articles written about our team in the 90s.