Goal Line Stand

The Goal line stand when we had them at the one was a huge momentum swing in my eyes. They had a nice drive built up, and we stood our ground and punched em in the mouth. That was the happiest ive been watching this defense all year. Also, Ciante came up big with his hit on Gabbert.

Overall the D was solid, but this was just amazing to see with their back literally against the wall. :bonesflag:

Plays from that kind of yardage are luck and more luck. But the odds are definitely tipped in our favor when you decide to line up in shotgun and allow the surge to begin before the ball carrier has even begun his acceleration. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb play calling. It's stupidity like that which will keep Mizzou out of the title race for as long as it isn't cured.

Plays from that kind of yardage are luck and more luck. But the odds are definitely tipped in our favor when you decide to line up in shotgun and allow the surge to begin before the ball carrier has even begun his acceleration. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb play calling. It's stupidity like that which will keep Mizzou out of the title race for as long as it isn't cured.

THIS. After the Blackshirts stopped the sneak and they cane out the next play in the gun, I told the guys with me at the game that NU was gonna stuff them. Pinkel should know this by now one would think. Boomer held them to a FG last week when the Tigers did the same thing, and that was when they had a chance to put Boomer away earlier with a TD.

Thanks for the memories of ineptness Gary, they will be missed.

i hate to say this, but i did not think our defense had a goal line stand in them. do not get me wrong, our defense is stellar, but it is not the best 'd' in the trenches. we are small and fast, liable to get up 2-3 yards per run. but they stepped up when it counted.

i do think carl made a bad call on that 3 and 1 when they scored their first td. he committed to stopping a run up the gut, and gave up everything else. i know a stop there would have been huge. give up the first down, but save the td. just my thought.

otherwise (and that really was not a big deal, just a big gamble yost bluffed on and carl could not read his pokerface any better than any of us could read laady gaga's pokerface) the defense was incredible.

That place was absolutely rockin on that stand. It was the loudest I've heard it since the kick and the pick

:yeah I tend to think the crowd was that much louder because on 1st down Mizzou's LG clearly had a false start that got called as off-sides on Crick. Methinks the players and the crowd truly felt our backs were to the wall and we wouldn't get any help at all from the refs.

...and sprinkle a little fairy dust of Pinkel calling crappy goal line plays. D was awesome

That is the drawback in Mizzou's scheme, they aren't a tough-yardage team. Just glad they didn't bring that Franklin kid in like they did in goalline against Mizzou.

Wow, just to even things up they suit up Franklin for the opposing team when they are on the goal line? :)