Confident ISU squad

holvy83

Has iowa state ever beaten us in back to back years before?

They did it in 1975-76, 1959-60 and three in a row from 1943-45

Hmmm... We had Vince Ferragamo in 1975-1976 and we had Dennis claridge as our Qb from 1959-1960. I don't know anything about the 1940 Qbs.

Hmmm... We had Vince Ferragamo in 1975-1976 and we had Dennis claridge as our Qb from 1959-1960. I don't know anything about the 1940 Qbs.

In the 1976 game we had 8 fumbles and 1 interception. And that was supposed to be 1976-77, my bad.

Let's get one thing straight right now. ISU did not beat us. Nebraska beat us last year. ISU was the recipient of a ridiculously unusual number of turnovers in one game, almost any one of which would have given us the win had it not happened.

Everyone can run up the caution flag all they want, but do NOT use last year's game as "proof" that they can beat us. "Any given Saturday" has more validity.

Made the mistake of making this the annual husker game last year so this year I'm going to Ames with Dad and Brother to make up for it... looking forward to sporting the leather husker jacket my awsome wife bought me for the game. I am drinking the kool aid and I'd like to see a real beat down.

If not I'll have a great time attending the game with family.

Dennis Claridge's daughter is my dentist. She's very good. If you're in Lincoln and you need a dentist... I highly recommend her.

Just after reading the first line of that, where it said something to the degree of "So much for what the experts think. Iowa State, picked to finish last in the north by the coaches..." got me wondering...

How much thought do think Bo actually put into that ballot? My guess would be about 0 seconds. And I'm guessing he scribbles names down as fast as he can, gets through 4 or 5 schools, and then thinks "Ok, who do I not have on here yet?... Oh yeah, Iowa State. They're decent, but I already filled in the other spots, so... There, done."

Just after reading the first line of that, where it said something to the degree of "So much for what the experts think. Iowa State, picked to finish last in the north by the coaches..." got me wondering...

How much thought do think Bo actually put into that ballot? My guess would be about 0 seconds. And I'm guessing he scribbles names down as fast as he can, gets through 4 or 5 schools, and then thinks "Ok, who do I not have on here yet?... Oh yeah, Iowa State. They're decent, but I already filled in the other spots, so... There, done."

Highly doubt Bo....or any coach for that matter....take time to fill those out.

That's what assistants are for.