Incredible Stat from Pat Forde

While amazing, Osborne's tenure also coincided with Kansas and Kansas State both not being bad, but horrible. It was only towards the end of Osborne's 25-year career that either team rose to even a modicum of respectability.

Even so, that is 25 years where a team from Kansas never once got lucky nor did Osbornes team come out flat and lose one they shouldnt. It is a testimate to how well prepared TO's teams were.

While amazing, Osborne's tenure also coincided with Kansas and Kansas State both not being bad, but horrible. It was only towards the end of Osborne's 25-year career that either team rose to even a modicum of respectability.

Even so, that is 25 years where a team from Kansas never once got lucky nor did Osbornes team come out flat and lose one they shouldnt. It is a testimate to how well prepared TO's teams were.

Definitely. And there were times when Kansas was pretty good at the end and gave us some tough games. 1993 when we held them on the two-point conversion at the end of the game comes to mind right away.

Definitely. And there were times when Kansas was pretty good at the end and gave us some tough games. 1993 when we held them on the two-point conversion at the end of the game comes to mind right away.

That was my first ever Husker game!! Brrrr it was cold.

We were hoping that game didn't turn into the 19-10 debacle at Iowa State the year before.

TO had a fairly miserable record against the one Big 8 team that mattered... I remember a lot of disappointment in November as a kid.

Oklahoma was as close to our conference equal as there was in the Big 8. I think with the last few years of Husker dominance Osborne approached and might of even surpassed .500 against the Sooners. I wouldn't call that miserable, although the first years of the Osborne era had some forgettable games against them. Much like us with Texas.

We had all those streaks going until that outsider Billy C came in and ruined everything. <_<

Wait Solich started ending streaks in 1998. Nevermind. Carry on. :facepalm:

Frank Solich is the only Nebraska coach that beat Texas.

Which just lends credence to the bizarro-world freakishness that is the Texas/Nebraska series. Never has a series been more even in talent, yet more lopsided in results. There's not much you can do as a Nebraska fan but tip your cap to them and say, "You got us. Again and again and again...."

I think Osborne only lost 1 game to Missouri (1978) and none to Oklahoma St.

He lost to them in '76, too. (Vivid and painful memory of the third Husker game I attended in person.) Osborne also lost his first two games to Missouri in '73 and '74.

So at one point, he was 1-3 against them, then 2-4 after the '78 loss. But he ended up 21-4. Nice little run.

I think Osborne only lost 1 game to Missouri (1978) and none to Oklahoma St.

He lost to them in '76, too. (Vivid and painful memory of the third Husker game I attended in person.) Osborne also lost his first two games to Missouri in '73 and '74.

So at one point, he was 1-3 against them, then 2-4 after the '78 loss. But he ended up 21-4. Nice little run.

Thanks for the correction. So 116-7 against these 4 teams and ISU in his career? That is absolutely ridiculous.