SIAP: Bo Pelini's rants

Landlord

Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, yet. I want to know what other people think.

We all know Bo is a hot-headed, emotional, fiery guy. We get that. I could go on a long post about this, but since it's 1:30am and I just wrote a several paragraph long blog, I feel like keeping it short.

My question to you is, after seeing Bo positively irate at pretty much anyone within five feet, what do you think of this? Although I have never personally agreed with it, I never really had a problem with Bo ranting and hollering about things on the sidelines but after today I'm second guessing how I feel about it. To be honest, he looked like a five year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Please understand that my question is not "Do you think Bo's complaints towards ______ were warranted?", only if you agree with the way he is going about the complaining, or in his case, screaming.

I really liked bo pelini, but after this game I have my issues with him now. Did we really loose to texas or did we give texas the game?? Hmmm thats something id like to knoe becuzz we beat kansas state and they kick texas butt to night.And next year I dont even think we win 5 games I think ohio state will beat us and thats a given I wonder why. I think after this game against iowa state showed alott about bo as a coach and iam not happy with it at all.

Cali Cal <<<<<<< BO PELINI

I don't care if Bo has an angry episode, he has turned our program back to a national competitor and he hasn't pulled a Bobby Knight or Woody Hayes. Pelini is fine!

Lets not forget where this program was before he came and lets also not forget who will make sure Pelini won't go too far (ie Dr. Tom)

Exactly the kind answer that contributes absolutely nothing to this thread.

Well, you asked a question:

My question to you is, after seeing Bo positively irate at pretty much anyone within five feet, what do you think of this?

And I responded to the question:

Bo is fine.

In other words, I have no problem with Bo's behavior. It is not one tenth as bad as Bill Lynch's (who I don't honestly mind either) or half as bad as Mike Stoops'. So you started a thread asking what we thought. I told you what I thought. How exactly is that contributing nothing?

I really liked bo pelini, but after this game I have my issues with him now. Did we really loose to texas or did we give texas the game?? Hmmm thats something id like to knoe becuzz we beat kansas state and they kick texas butt to night.And next year I dont even think we win 5 games I think ohio state will beat us and thats a given I wonder why. I think after this game against iowa state showed alott about bo as a coach and iam not happy with it at all.

wow... <_<

Exactly the kind answer that contributes absolutely nothing to this thread.

Well, you asked a question:

My question to you is, after seeing Bo positively irate at pretty much anyone within five feet, what do you think of this?

And I responded to the question:

Bo is fine.

In other words, I have no problem with Bo's behavior. It is not one tenth as bad as Bill Lynch's (who I don't honestly mind either) or half as bad as Mike Stoops'. So you started a thread asking what we thought. I told you what I thought. How exactly is that contributing nothing?

Fair enough :) I guess I forgot to ask to explain why you feel whichever way you do.

Because he isn't as bad as some other loser coaches isn't really a reason. It can count as an excuse, but there has to be more than that. Spill it!

You guys can say what u want.I call it how I see it. Theirs no way in hell this game should have been close like this. I guess iowa stae should be in the top 25 rite?? Anyways watch the game again and watch the play when niles fumbles the ball. anyways I dont wanna talk about it,bo gets are hopes up and then has players come out playing like this? I still think this game was fixxed thats just what I think and i dont care what anyone else thinks.I guess we will find out next year when we get smashed on against ohio state and them other teams. Bo wont let us beat ohio state lmao get outta here if u think that we are still a laughing stock and that pisses me off

He is only a 3rd year head coach. Relatively young in the coaching world both in age and head coaching experince. I think a certain coach from the 60s-early 70s would have been far worse. Just know in the age of information where everyone can see everything little detail these things are know being brought up into the main stream of attention. For all the negatives of Bo's attitude I'll take his passion for the game other than someone who doesnt have as much passion.

You must be a good'ole nebraska boy who likes the way we used to win in the 90's. That sh#t dont cut it anymore in college football its a different game than it was 10-20 years ago. Bo gives our team an identity and they play hard and would kill for him and the program. That gives Nebraska a edge that not a lot of teams have in the country. All great coaches are intense (Stoops, Meyer, Miles, Saban)Exclude Mack Brown cause his coordinators make him hes a bitc@. He is no different than any other coach in the country and if our guys play hard for him i say get even intense on the sidelines.

Fair enough :) I guess I forgot to ask to explain why you feel whichever way you do.

Because he isn't as bad as some other loser coaches isn't really a reason. It can count as an excuse, but there has to be more than that. Spill it!

I'm not sure how to expand on it... I guess Bo's emotion/anger just doesn't offend my sensibilities at all. I'd actually like to see a little bit more of it instilled in the team at times. As long as Bo avoids any 15-yard penalties, I see no issue with any of it.

Did I miss something? The interview I saw Bo give reporters after the game was pretty mild. Is this about something you saw on the sidelines?

I'm wondering this as well. Aside from the halftime interview where the reporter opened with "Coach why are you upset about the fumble," I didn't really see anything I'd call being "irate at pretty much anyone within five feet". Honestly, had I been asked the same question (as well as the follow-ups), under the same circumstances, my answers probably would have been much less courteous than Bo's.

You guys can say what u want.I call it how I see it. Theirs no way in hell this game should have been close like this. I guess iowa stae should be in the top 25 rite?? Anyways watch the game again and watch the play when niles fumbles the ball. anyways I dont wanna talk about it,bo gets are hopes up and then has players come out playing like this? I still think this game was fixxed thats just what I think and i dont care what anyone else thinks.I guess we will find out next year when we get smashed on against ohio state and them other teams. Bo wont let us beat ohio state lmao get outta here if u think that we are still a laughing stock and that pisses me off

Obvious troll is obvious