SIAP: Bo Pelini's rants

Landlord

Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, yet. I want to know what other people think.

We all know Bo is a hot-headed, emotional, fiery guy. We get that. I could go on a long post about this, but since it's 1:30am and I just wrote a several paragraph long blog, I feel like keeping it short.

My question to you is, after seeing Bo positively irate at pretty much anyone within five feet, what do you think of this? Although I have never personally agreed with it, I never really had a problem with Bo ranting and hollering about things on the sidelines but after today I'm second guessing how I feel about it. To be honest, he looked like a five year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Please understand that my question is not "Do you think Bo's complaints towards ______ were warranted?", only if you agree with the way he is going about the complaining, or in his case, screaming.

I think some of the rants about Bo's rants in this thread are more damning than Bo's rants. Boy, what a fan base. I've been watching and cheering for the HUSKERS since I could shake my rattle nearly 50 years ago, and I sometimes wish TO would have put up a little more of a fight with the zebs. But every coach has a different style, predicated on his current team make-up. If his players need to see his fire to get their feet warmed up, so be it. GO BIG BO, and GO BIG RED.

You guys can say what u want.I call it how I see it. Theirs no way in hell this game should have been close like this. I guess iowa stae should be in the top 25 rite?? Anyways watch the game again and watch the play when niles fumbles the ball. anyways I dont wanna talk about it,bo gets are hopes up and then has players come out playing like this? I still think this game was fixxed thats just what I think and i dont care what anyone else thinks.I guess we will find out next year when we get smashed on against ohio state and them other teams. Bo wont let us beat ohio state lmao get outta here if u think that we are still a laughing stock and that pisses me off

You, sir, should invest in a few therapy sessions. It couldn't hurt, and might do you a world of good.

I don't know... REBT therapy can be pretty brutal... though maybe that would be exactly what he needs.

Bo yells 2 damn much ,thats what I dont like. Iam surprised some of the coaching staff is still here

We're talking about grown men who've been around football for a long, LOOONG time. I'm sure they can handle getting yelled at by their boss without crying for their mommies.

You are talking to a ghost. Literally. He's been banned. ;)

To be honest, I find the premise of this thread to be more childish/immature/whiney than I find Bo on the sidelines.

Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, yet. I want to know what other people think.

Not really sure what the basis is for that. I mean, this is the point of a messageboard, isn't it?

Anyways, back on topic, I still don't know how I really feel about it, but I suppose I would say I don't really have any kind of problem with Bo's sideline demeanor, but at the same time would say that I don't see passion being synonymous with anger, and think that it's entirely possible (but not necessary, if that isn't the way you are, or whatever) to have one without the other.

The basis is quite obvious. You would not have started this thread if you didn't feel that Bo is whiny/childish/immature in his sideline rants. This isn't some random topic you lighted on, it's something that you think about, or appeals to you. Then you go on to say that you have no dog in this fight, you just want to know what others think, then completely contradict that statement with leading questions like this:

My question to you is, after seeing Bo positively irate at pretty much anyone within five feet, what do you think of this? Although I have never personally agreed with it, I never really had a problem with Bo ranting and hollering about things on the sidelines but after today I'm second guessing how I feel about it. To be honest, he looked like a five year old throwing a temper tantrum.

And this:

Do you think it's childish/immature/whiney? Or maybe you think it's passionate/fired up? Do you think he could conduct himself better, do you think it's effective at something, do you think it's out of line, etc.

Clearly you feel this way or you wouldn't have used the descriptors you used.

Own your feelings. Don't post passive-aggressive things then act surprised when you're called on them.

Landlord: I feel Bo's demeanor as a head coach needs a lot of work. The way he acts towards the media needs a lot of work. He rips on certain players but lets others get a free pass. He ripped Tyler Legate for the penalty but in retrospect, he should come out and commended him. He goes up to Niles Paul and says something to him about a stupid play in taking the KO from 5 yards deep, but doesn't take him out of the game. He continues to let players play that don't wrap up and tackle. There are members of this defense that are LB's/DB hybrid that constantly hit a WR/RB/QB/TE and don't wrap up and the result is 9 more yards and a 3rd and long is converted to a first down and then a TD. It wears on you.

In Bo's defense, he is getting totally hosed by the officials this year. I have coached young men in sports and it is frustrating when officials or refs totally are trying to screw you. You are helpless and your emotions are already high. Bo is coaching and making 2 million plus per year. Stakes are very, very high. When the MU fumble on Gabbert isn't called, the offsides on MU isn't called, it drives you crazy. When a fumble yesterday on Helu isn't a fumble, it wears on you. When pick plays that are not called and they turn into a TD that ties the game, it wears on you.

Landlord: I think you need to be commended for having the stones to start a thread like this. You will get bashed but just like knapplc says, just own up to your thoughts.

People will bash me for these thoughts but everyone thinks that since Bo wins that everything Bo does is ok. I still think he is a work in progress and he has the program going in the right direction but I am not fond of a lot of the rants.

One of the rants that bothered me was the one he issued to Tyler after the penalty. I hope Bo comes out publicly to thank Legate for defending a defenseless player that was clearly targeting Klein's hand with his facemask. I hope someone brings it up that Tyler was correct in what he did. Thank you Tyler.

Why is it so difficult for some of you to understand that maybe, just maybe, Bo didn't see what actually happened given he was standing 35-40 yards away and not watching the replay like you. Good grief.

I haven't read through this entire thread yet, but thought this would be a decent place to request what we all want to see most - Bo Pelini having the decency to blow his nose before his post-game interview. Good grief! Give that man a tissue for pity's sake!!! He's practically running a faucet all over the camera...it's embarrassing. Just imagine what his wife is thinking :facepalm:

Haha, for that matter the sideline cameras seem to pan to him every time he's picking his nose too.

The difference between Peleni anger and Callahan anger is that the Peleni's seem to be only angry at the actions of players. Callahan would get angry at the players, often to the point of dehumanizing them.

You guys can say what u want.I call it how I see it. Theirs no way in hell this game should have been close like this. I guess iowa stae should be in the top 25 rite?? Anyways watch the game again and watch the play when niles fumbles the ball. anyways I dont wanna talk about it,bo gets are hopes up and then has players come out playing like this? I still think this game was fixxed thats just what I think and i dont care what anyone else thinks.I guess we will find out next year when we get smashed on against ohio state and them other teams. Bo wont let us beat ohio state lmao get outta here if u think that we are still a laughing stock and that pisses me off

Are you kidding me? Guess bama should fire Saben because they barely beat tennessee last year (who sucked). Or TO wasnt that great because he was lucky against mizzou in 97. Every team is going to have close games. Even national champs need a little luck. Unless you are the 95 huskers. Get real buddy!

Shouldn't have banned GHOST. Now when I get bored at 1am I will have no entertainment.

btw, why did it take 3 years for that to happen?

For GHOST to be banned? To my knowledge he hadn't dropped off the Cliffs of Insanity before last weekend. I don't recall any of his posts being reported in the past year that I've been a Mod.