ISU Fans

HankNU

I have been to every Big 12 stadium but yesterday was brutal at ISU. These fans did not understand the concept of good football. If I was a ISU alumni, I would be have been embarrassed listening to the guys sitting around us.

The guy next to me yelled Lawerence Phillips and convicts the entire game, and he wanted a personal foul called on every tackle. He must have forgot that football is a contact sport. The guy behind me yelled Cheaters every time a flag was thrown on NU and every time he thought a flag should have been thrown which was every play. Every time I would look back at him he would say "What are looking at?, Sit down". This guy was a pu&&y, and I chose to keep my mouth closed because we all know the saying about arguing with an idiot. Then the guy in front of me yelled T-magic sucks every play and he wasnt even playing in the game. And another guy in front of me spent the whole game with two arms in the air flipping off the Nebraska section. What am I leaving out? A lot. Why can't people understand the difference between cheering for you team and cheering against the other team. When Nebraska scores, I know my first reaction isn't to look for the closest ISU fan to rub it in their face.

I know there are these type of fans everywhere (including Nebraska) but finding a logically ISU fan was few and far between.

Consequently, I had a friend tell me he sat around a bunch of very respectful and knowledgeable ISU fans.

It just depends on where you sit and a luck of the draw, really.

I will still leave the Big 12 convinced that Colorado has the worst bunch of fans (collectively) of any other Big 12 school. I have yet to hear of another university pouring piss on our players as they entered the field for a game.

Consequently, I had a friend tell me he sat around a bunch of very respectful and knowledgeable ISU fans.

It just depends on where you sit and a luck of the draw, really.

I will still leave the Big 12 convinced that Colorado has the worst bunch of fans (collectively) of any other Big 12 school. I have yet to hear of another university pouring piss on our players as they entered the field for a game.

Are you kidding me? That's unbelievable, but I definitely wouldn't put it past CU fans after attending the 2005 NU vs. CU game in Boulder.

To counter your experience, if you go look over on cyclonefanatic.com, there are a whole lot of stories of people that had really awful experiences with Husker fans.

It always goes both ways. Always.

over at cyclone fanatic there is also a lot of people mad at their own fan base......mainly for selling tickets to NU fans and the fact that people couldn't get ISU fans to pay $50 for a $90 ticket. As I was reading the thread, it sounded to me that there were 25,000-30,000 NU fans, come to find out later the number was more around 7,000.

To counter your experience, if you go look over on cyclonefanatic.com, there are a whole lot of stories of people that had really awful experiences with Husker fans.

over at cyclone fanatic there is also a lot of people mad at their own fan base......mainly for selling tickets to NU fans and the fact that people couldn't get ISU fans to pay $50 for a $90 ticket. As I was reading the thread, it sounded to me that there were 25,000-30,000 NU fans, come to find out later the number was more around 7,000.

Just read through all the stories in that thread. Words to describe us such as a bunch of whiny, destructive, assaultive, unknowledgeable, arrogant, white-trash and illiterate fans were in almost every post, on every page. Kind of overkill IMO.

Did anyone catch the post game report on Channel 7 (ABC) on Cox here in Omaha? They went to Ames for the live report after the game and 2 or 3 guys made their way towards the front of the crowd that was behind the reporter. They were wearing 'Breathe if you hate Nebraska' shirts and mock breathing in and out.

Have we ever made a 'hate' t-shirt for any school? Even Texas?

P a t h e t i c . . . .

Just read through all the stories in that thread. Words to describe us such as a bunch of whiny, destructive, assaultive, unknowledgeable, arrogant, white-trash and illiterate fans were in almost every post, on every page. Kind of overkill IMO.

I've been reading over there also. My question is how much of this really happens, I know some Husker fans will be jerks, but one guy said an SUV full of them stopped in front of his house, the guys honked fist pumped, then pulled off.... Really? Not saying it didn't happen just seems really really out there....

My last experience at Ames was an NU loss.

A jerk-off ISU fan blocked me and my son's exit after the game with a flurry

of expletive deleted's, proclaiming ISU is the new King of the North Division.

I asked him how many football trophies the Cyclones had in their trophy case,

informing him that we have over 40 conference championships and 5 NCs. He looked

like a deer in headlights trying to come up with a witty response as we walked

right around him and out of the stadium.

I've been reading over there also. My question is how much of this really happens, I know some Husker fans will be jerks, but one guy said an SUV full of them stopped in front of his house, the guys honked fist pumped, then pulled off.... Really? Not saying it didn't happen just seems really really out there....

You don't understand... that guy had it coming to him!