Kinda makes me want to play Pitt...

Hercules

I knew the chances of getting UT tickets would prove to difficult and expensive so I am glad I picked the KU game as the game I was going to this year. I have so much respect for Turner Gill that I wanted to be at the only conference game between him and the Huskers. It will be a special night. And hopefully we hang 50 on him.

I cannot wait for this game. I want this to be a blowout so it's decided early, and I want the crowd to chant "Tur-ner GILL!" as he leaves the field.

Are they any recruits coming to the game? How awesome to show them that once your N you may leave but you'll always be family.

Gill will get a great reception, I hope he gets things turned around at Kansas, I have absolutely nothing against them, even including 2007. However, he will be "the enemy" for three hours and we have to see it just like that, because that is how he will "view us" and each side wants to win. It's friendly competition, but at the end of the day, we will all still appreciate what he did for us, and us moving to the Big Ten, it will be less awkward while Gill is at Kansas, plus rooting for them to overtake the Big XII will be easier.

Callahan is a dick!!! Unsuccessful prick!

It's more than that. Even if Cally was a success, his style would of been hard to swallow. His arrogance, lack of respect for or history, and tradition. A college coach is more than that, they are first and foremost molders of men. 95% of your guys will never go pro, never even think about it, as the coach you are there to help them become stronger in life, not just on the field. After Cally was fired, it really came out how cold he was towards the players.

I guess in the end I will always look to the interviews of players from our Nat Champ years under TO. You see some of the hardest men to ever play the game start to well up as they talk about what TO meant to them in there lives, and the respect they still have for him, no one will ever shed a tear for Callahan....

Outside any personal feelings regarding Callahan or Gill, I have a hard time finding fault with Callahan in this story. There is definitely a problem when a receivers coach can't get his guys lined up properly that long into camp. I assure you our coaches now here way worse from Pelini in practice every day.

It's more than that. Even if Cally was a success, his style would of been hard to swallow. His arrogance, lack of respect for or history, and tradition. A college coach is more than that, they are first and foremost molders of men. 95% of your guys will never go pro, never even think about it, as the coach you are there to help them become stronger in life, not just on the field. After Cally was fired, it really came out how cold he was towards the players.

Outside any personal feelings regarding Callahan or Gill, I have a hard time finding fault with Callahan in this story. There is definitely a problem when a receivers coach can't get his guys lined up properly that long into camp. I assure you our coaches now here way worse from Pelini in practice every day.

¿Que? Are you referring to some other part of this thread? Because if you're referring to the part you quoted, I have a hard time understanding how you could fail to find fault with this.

¿Que? Are you referring to some other part of this thread? Because if you're referring to the part you quoted, I have a hard time understanding how you could fail to find fault with this.

I'm referring specifically to really the only part Callahan is mentioned in the story. He coached wide receivers in his only season under Callahan. I cringe every time I recall Callahan, during a preseason practice, barking, “Day 19, Turner, and you still can’t get them lined up right!”

I'm referring specifically to really the only part Callahan is mentioned in the story. He coached wide receivers in his only season under Callahan. I cringe every time I recall Callahan, during a preseason practice, barking, “Day 19, Turner, and you still can’t get them lined up right!”

Turner Gill was the QB for one of the most prolific offenses of all time here at Nebraska. He helped coach Tommie Frazier, Brook Berringer, Scott Frost, and Eric Crouch to 3 national championships and a Heisman trophy. He's intensely loyal to his players and to the school, and Bill Callahan/Steve Pederson came in and in just a few short years nearly destroyed everything guys like Turner Gill and Tom Osborne and Bob Devaney helped to build.

Callahan never understood Nebraska football, and didn't make an effort to. That's where he was at fault.

And you can talk all you want about how Bo chews out his assistant coaches. He is incredibly loyal to every one of them, defends them in the press, encourages them to move up in the business when they get an opportunity, and Pelini's staff has now been together for 3 years, while Callahan lost Turner after just one year.

C'mon UConn!

I just can't get excited about playing Pitt in a projected BCS bowl. All the Pederson bitterness aside, there are about eight teams I'd rather play in the Fiesta Bowl.

And much respect to Turner Gill. He is clearly a good person with a big heart, whether he is actually a good head coach or not. (I'm not saying one way or the other, because I honestly don't know. He had a great season at moribund Buffalo, but I don't think he's established himself as a coaching heavyweight or anything. I know one thing for sure; If somebody told me when I was seventeen that I had a choice of two places to attend, and at one of the places I would have a 10pm curfew in place in terms of being out and about with the opposite sex, I would have sprinted like an East Berliner toward an unguarded wall in the opposite direction.)

EDIT: Stupid S key!

Turner Gill is and always will be my fav Husker. I think we could blow out Kansas, but I don't think Bo will let it get to ugly. I don't think Turner would have rang up 76 points on us even if he could have, if he was the head coach of Kansas back then. There's a thing called class, and he has a lot of that. I hope Turner has a great career at Kansas, once we're gone.

As far as playing Pitt,. Nothing would be sweeter than to stick it to Pederson.

GBR!!!