Dan Hawkins out at CU

Nexus

while everyone is dancing on CU's grave and pondering the next head coach (IMO Mike Leach would be perfect)... Am I the only one who is always nervous when playing CU? With Hawkins in there at least we knew they sucked. especially on the road. but with a new interim head coach, maybe a bit of a wildcard factor?

I just read they are 0-17 on the road. Without looking it up, I assume that includes a road loss from a certain 57-yard FG... In a game that never should have been that close.

CU is bad, but so was SD State and Texas. or maybe I'm still just scarred from all the close games from '96-2000 and '08.

That said.

I feel sorry for some of the 2008 recruits that jumped the Husker ship for the Buffs: Doug Rippy, Josh Williams and especially Bryce Givens.

while everyone is dancing on CU's grave and pondering the next head coach (IMO Mike Leach would be perfect)... Am I the only one who is always nervous when playing CU? With Hawkins in there at least we knew they sucked. especially on the road. but with a new interim head coach, maybe a bit of a wildcard factor?

I just read they are 0-17 on the road. Without looking it up, I assume that includes a road loss from a certain 57-yard FG... In a game that never should have been that close.

CU is bad, but so was SD State and Texas. or maybe I'm still just scarred from all the close games from '96-2000 and '08.

That said.

I feel sorry for some of the 2008 recruits that jumped the Husker ship for the Buffs: Doug Rippy, Josh Williams and especially Bryce Givens.

If there's any validity to the rumor this is best case scenario for us IMHO. If they announced he would be fired say, after our game they might have a "win one for he Gipper" mentality I don't think an intern is going to get this team together in a couple weeks.

I was hoping they'd get a fresh start in the new Pac 12. Makes sense, now is the time to do it.

I was joking around sunday, when I pretty much echoed these sentiments....

Think their going to take the interim tag off of Cabral, or wait till the seasons over and try to grab a big name thats been fired?

Geez, are they really sure about this? I mean, I'm sure the recruits have just been beating down the door wanting to go play somewhere where they have no idea who the coach will be? I wonder if Cody will stick around for the next few games. Not that it really matters.

Louisiana rumor is that Les Miles will go to Colorado, if offered. WHich seems weird to me- trading LSU for Colorado, but apparently he made the statement that he loves Boulder and it would be the only job that could pull him away from Baton Rouge. They hate Miles down here, showing you how coonass they really are. One guy told me last week," watch that a-hole win the National Championship and then we'll be stuck with him." Really? you're going to complain about being #5 and a possible NC? BTW they also believe that Bo will be their next head coach. There are many, many threads about it, again showing you how coon ass they are.