Possible Fiesta

bdubb75

So, with Pitt's recent loss to UConn, it seems like the Big East is wide open. With that being said, wouldn't it be awesome to win out and go 12-1 and win the Big 12 title to only play somebody like UConn or USF in the Fiesta Bowl? For some reason, that just aggravates me. I'd almost rather play a SEC school in the cotton bowl. Thoughts?

other than there is no prestige for winning a cotton bowl, i would rather play i think its the 3rd ranked team of that confrence? which as it sits right now i think would be alabama. that could be an epic game compared to a crappy big east team. because we have nothing to gain really. its a game we should win, but if we lose its epic and doesnt give us momentum into the next season.

Why couldn't we battle against Boise State or TCU? Oklahoma made the Fiesta a few years back and drew Boise State. And I would LOVE to play an unbeaten team in the Fiesta.

In a different thread it was explained about how Fiesta has last pick this year. It rotates around, since Glendale is sight of MNC game. Boise & TCU won't be around when Fiesta picks

Oh. That sucks. I didn't see that thread, but now I am pretty depressed. Ouch. South Florida. That would totally SUCK. I would actually be worried that we might not be up for that game. Well boys, guess there is only one solution to this quandry. Start hoping for a few upsets so that we can get into the MNC.

Oh. That sucks. I didn't see that thread, but now I am pretty depressed. Ouch. South Florida. That would totally SUCK. I would actually be worried that we might not be up for that game. Well boys, guess there is only one solution to this quandry. Start hoping for a few upsets so that we can get into the MNC.

Other than we'd be playing a lesser team than anyone else in the BCS, it would look good to lay a smack down on National TV much like last year in the Holiday Bowl. Bo would have the guys ready and would have a game plan in place to make whoever we face look stupid

BCS game > than any non-BCS game by far!

Plus the Cotton bowl takes the an SEC team in general regardless of ranking.

Cotton Jan. 7 Arlington 8 p.m. Big 12 No. 2 vs. SEC Oklahoma State vs. LSU

In the above example The Cotton bowl is granted the second pick of the BIG 12. Please do not confuse the number behind the conference to mean a ranking, it is the order in which the bowl conferences can pick a team. Bowls can take whomever they want in a bowl game as long as that team is still on the board.

"other than there is no prestige for winning a cotton bowl, i would rather play i think its the 3rd ranked team of that confrence? which as it sits right now i think would be alabama. that could be an epic game compared to a crappy big east team. because we have nothing to gain really. its a game we should win, but if we lose its epic and doesnt give us momentum into the next season"

Also, why would Nebraska want to go back to Dallas when we were just there a month earlier. I live in Houston and am up for seeing the team when they come close to my city but I think the Cotton selection committee goes in a different direction than Nebraska. For what it is worth, the Alamo bowl has the 3rd pick of Big 12 teams where NU is like 5-0!

San Antonio > Dallas by far!

It wont matter cause I plan on this team going to the Fiesta!

I will take the BCS game anyday. 5 years down the road people wont remember who we played only that we have a BCS win under out belt.

Agreed 100%.

Amen to that, plus, by making a BCS game, it would lower our buyout from the Texass 10 by $500,000. In today's money, that's like 2 1/2 Cam Newtons!!! :wasted

Funny, but incorrect. We only get the 500K if we are the SECOND Big 12 team in the BCS. So, it would have been the best if 2 undefeated teams, or maybe even 2 hihgly rated one-loss teams play in the Big 12 CG. If that happens and it is a close game, then we might be able to get 2 teams in the BCS and that 500K.

Right now, with our QB situation, I'm pretty worried about each of the next few games. We should beat KU and CU, but IDK if we can beat A&M on the road at night with Cody or a 60% T-Mart starting. And I certainly don't think that we can beat OSU again under the same circumstances.

I would MUCH prefer a Big 12 TITLE and having that peice of crap Beebe forced to stand on the platform and present Bo and NU with the Trophy.....and if the "punishment" is playing in a BCS vs Pitt, I can live with it.......MOMENTUM !!!!!!

Plus, I absolutely do NOT want to play in the Cotton Bowl. Been there, done that....nothing to do (except strip clubs) and it was cold. If we get to title game and lose, I hope that the Cotton passes on us and we go to Alamo.....Great place and fun game vs Big 10 (possible Iowa/MSU)....Heck, let's all go back to San Diego

The only wet fart of a chance that Nu doesn't play a Big East team involves South Florida. If they win the Junior High East, and the Orange Bowl takes them in an effort to use their local fanbase and proximity to sell tickets for the game. I can faintly see this happenning, remember when Va Tech played Cincy or Kansas(can't remember which one) and tickets to the game were like $20 so that the place wouldn't look like a graveyard. Again this is a weak chance but is viable.

The worst part about a Junior High East team getting in a BCS game is that there is a rather large chance that an undefeated Boise or TCU could be regulated to the bowl in San Francisco and destroy like the 6th place Pac 10 school. Now that would be a big pile of BS