GAMEDAY....Illinois vs Northwestern

BIG ERN

Ok I get the whole thing about playing the game in Wrigley (1st time in a while if I remember correctly), but you also have Notre Dame and Army playing the 1st ever football game in the New Yankee Stadium. I think that would be a better game to have Gameday at. Unless the reason why they aren't going to that game is because NBC holds the rights. But NU and A&M is the premier matchup in college football this week. Add to that the chance that Nebraska can clinch the Big XII North and A&M still having a shot at the South title (though it's still a very outside shot). If it was anyone else but Northwestern and Illinois I'd understand, but they are 2 mid to lower tier Big 10 teams.

This is a joke. Gameday should be College Station. I don't understand the hate towards the show. Yes, the stories and commmentary can be sketchy, but you can't beat the exposure. The positives outweigh the negatives, by a large margin. Gameday does like to travel and highlight different programs that are on the rise, that haven't done extremely well for most of their history. Recent examples: Utah, Boise State, Vanndy, and TCU. I feel as though they get tired of making the same tour of Baton Rouge, Gainsville, Columbus, Happy Valley, Norman, etc every year.

The game is at Wrigley Field. Nebraska- A&M is a very big game, but the game really has no National Title implications. If Nebraska was undefeated, gameday might be in Texas this weekend. However, since the game only really matters on a Big 12 stage, Gameday is going to a very historic place that hasn't had a football game played their in over 60 years I think.

lol!!

Like two helpless teams like Illinois & Northwestern do?? Heck, does either of those two even matter in the Big10?

Also, who cares if it's at Wrigley? What does that have to do with cfb?

Its at Wrigley. Thats awesome. I can totally see why gameday will be there

Who cares? The same ballpark where the Cubs have stunk it up for how long? There are other games more worthy of Gameday...

One this has nothing to do with a baseball game. Its about the park...

Two there isnt one big game out there this week so why not go to a significant landmark. It kinda reminds me of the hockey games played outside in baseball stadiums. It rarely happens.

This is a joke. Gameday should be College Station. I don't understand the hate towards the show. Yes, the stories and commmentary can be sketchy, but you can't beat the exposure. The positives outweigh the negatives, by a large margin. Gameday does like to travel and highlight different programs that are on the rise, that haven't done extremely well for most of their history. Recent examples: Utah, Boise State, Vanndy, and TCU. I feel as though they get tired of making the same tour of Baton Rouge, Gainsville, Columbus, Happy Valley, Norman, etc every year.

Gameday is a leech on ass of the game. It is a giant pile of everything that is wrong with college football - glamor over substance, hype over on-field production. They are the reason college football is gravitating more towards how you look rather than how you play.

And exposure? College Gameday doesn't give exposure, it rides the coattails of the exposure inherent in the game. Gameday doesn't make the game - the game makes Gameday. Everyone has this backwards, as if the game isn't important if these fools don't show up. It's one of the most disheartening things for me to see people wait with bated breath to see if Gameday will come to justify the importance of their team's game. We're freaking NEBRASKA. Who in the world thinks we need ESPN's Gameday to make our games important? We fill stadiums across this country - what possible validation can some yahoos yucking it up on a gameshow set provide us? What possible validation can they give Florida, Alabama, USC, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, etc?

Everyone has the cart before the horse here. Gameday is nothing. THE GAME is everything.

i dont know knapplc.

i think thats they way we see it, (and ultimately the way it should be) but gameday is to my younger cousins what saturday morning cartoons were for me. anytime gameday comes to a specific game, more stories are covered about the teams in that game, little bits and color pieces...and i always enjoy them. would have loved to see some about the 12th man and our huskers this week.

whether its right or wrong, prospective huskers all across the country will be massed saturday morning watching gameday...and anytime theyre featuring the Big Red is okay in my book.