We got the Fuzz texted on us in Memorial

I am I

So my brother flew to Denver from Nashville, my other brother drove from Ft Collins, we left Denver at 7am to get to Lincoln. Met my dad at the hotel and headed over to a short tailgate for about a 1.5 hours. We drank a shot of Glenlivet as a toast for being together for a game, chugged a couple beers each, had a Vodka red bull and brought one for the 15 minute walk to the stadium.

Game starts, crowd on feet cheering...starting some Husker Power and Go Big Red chants up in the North Stadium. 3 seats directly behind=empty. 2 brothers about age 10 behind and to the right. One kid about 12 directly to the left w/ his dad. The rest were the usual season ticket holders we see at every game and have become somewhat friendly with over the last 3 yrs.

We were up 14-0 and had just thrown the INT or had the fumble, so it was in the second half for sure. Crowd stands up (there were about 30 of us who didn't sit one time, including me and my 2 bros) and starts cheering. I yell out, "let's go Husker fans, we're only up 14 against KANSAS!! People get louder, we force a stop, I think. TV timeout, they punt or something, most people in section sit down....not us. we're laughing, talking, high fiving, talking to the kids around us (who, by the way, HUGGED us when the left and said they had the best time)...

As the crowd sits, we look over to the aisle and 2 Stadium Police are standing there looking at us talking into their little earpiece things and confirming us as there targets. One points right at us and say, "You 4, over here right now!" We looked around and were like, "US!?!" he said, "yes, you 4"...and he pointed to me, by brothers, and the guy standing next to us with the 13 yr old. We make our way through the crowd and in a forceful tone he says we have reports of foul language, drinking, and that you guys are the ONLY ones standing while the rest of your section is sitting!

We were so pissed, we calmly explained that we are not drinking, absolutely not cursing, and that yes, we are standing and yelling very loudly but that we are only up 14-0 in the 3rd quarter against KU. He said, "well someone behind you has complained that you are standing while everyone else is sitting and if we see any drinking, your outta here."

So we were like, Okay....went and sat down. ALL the people around us were like, that is complete BS! We love you guys getting the crowd going and cheering and having fun. So everyone banded together without even saying anything and everyone just stood up and started cheering. And we only sat back down on the last drive or two of the game with everyone around us calling BS on whoever texted us in. And the kids and their parents who were sitting next to us were all happy and hugging and high fiving on the way out.

I just watched that aggie fan's video of the 12th man and saw a crowd arm in arm going complete apesh#t. And it just compelled me to write this to you guys, cuz we were so pissed we essentially got the cops called on us for standing and cheering. It won't change my behavior at games and I'll always cheer loudly, but I have thought Memorial isn't quite the same ballistic place it used to be, unless we were having huge moments against OU or Texass or Mizz and the like, and now I know why.

People that don't want to stand and yell should stay home or go to a restaurant to watch the games. Out of all those people it is BS to get dressed down by the PO-lease like that. I could see if you were rooting for Kansas. You guys spent a lot of time and money to go to a game and were having a good time.

1. There are a lot of bluehairs, but I don't think I'd blame them in this instance, because most of them don't know what texting is.

2. As far as the older fans go, I think it's great that they've gone to the stadium on gameday for decades, filling up the place, and I understand that they want people to sit in order for them to see. However, they are the reason why Memorial Stadium is a lame crowd atmosphere compared to Texas A&M, Oregon, Washington and other stadiums around the country. We can be the "nicest" fans in college football, but that also means that Memorial Stadium is nowhere close to being a scary place for opponents to play.

Bradr, that's tough, as your grandpa is obviously a loyal fan. At the same time, what has Nebraska came to? Someone resorts to calling the cops on these fans before asking them if they would sit?

I'm glad the OP had a good time, regardless of the incident. Also, I don't think you should have to sit in the student section just to stand and cheer. Yeah, the student section is fun, but it's also drunk college idiots.

It's a football game. People are going to stand and cheer. If you don't want to/can't do the same, you can't expect everyone else to sit down for you. If you want to sit the entire game, watch on TV. Otherwise, be willing to deal with people around you standing and yelling from time to time.

I was fortunate enough to get tickets to the game located in the west stadium balcony/club level. The seats are amazing but the atmosphere not so much. After about the 3rd time where I would stand up after a big play and nobody else would, I started to feel out of place. At one point I told my wife, that we belong down in the stadium with the rest of the people who want to stand and cheer on their team. I know people donate and pay a lot of money for those tickets but it is still a football team and you need to cheer on the team.

First off, that was a raw deal for the fan, and the police were out of line. Now there is a fine line of sitting and standing. I think you should be able to stand some and cheer on the team, but at the same time, allow those older handicapped people, who have own their seats for years, see the field some.

Yes, the give and take is those blue hair fans have the videos to see the game when fans are standing ... and the fans should be able to stand some ... it's part of the game. But the blue hairs are also entitled to see the field as least half the game. They paid their dues, and you shouldn't totally deprive them ... and some of you will be handicap someday. So to say they should stay home is insensitive, selfish and disrespectful. It's give and take folks. Blue hairs shouldn't expect you to sit the whole game, and you shouldn't expect them not to see the whole game. Is that unreasonable?

Well, like I first stated, in this instance, PARTICULAR to me, the 3 seats directly behind us were empty. I do have respect if someone wouldve said, "hey fellas, when we have the ball or it's a timeout, would u mind sitting until something happens?"

I wasn't necessarily talking about what our ultimate behavior was, but we were about a 8.5 on the loud scale and about a 3 on the disruptive scale.

The oldest people sitting around us were probly in their late 50s that's not blue hair

I was more flabergasted that the actual cops were called.