We got the Fuzz texted on us in Memorial

I am I

I wouldn't go that far. There are good cops ... and a few bad ones. These guys handled it poorly, and badly pre-judged the situation. Unfortunately, in the real world, it seems like you are guilty until proven innocent.

Okie was poking fun at a particular cop he knows. He wasn't being serious.

:yeah:yeah

I have an uncle who is a Bellevue Police Officer and have a couple of friends who are cops. I have the utmost respect for those guys (and gals) for the mere fact they put up with a ton of crap from stupid people on a daily basis and IMO, are probably under paid for it.

I for one do expect people around me to sit. Not because I am lazy, or even because I don't want to stand - I like standing for the game, and if the people around someone are cool with it, its fine by me. I expect people to sit for the fans who can't stand for an entire game. And I do not write this to attack you I am I, but as a rant from the argument that certain fans ("blue hairs") always want to sit.

As I say that, I think of my grandfather who went to this game. His seats are separate from mine, but I would do what was needed to make sure he can see the game. He's 87 years old and not capable of standing for 60 minutes - not even close. And don't give me any crap about how he should use the wheelchair area or some such. He's had his seats for longer than most people on this board have been alive. He also takes pride that at this age he can still make it up the stairs (barely) and watch a game from the same seats he's had for so many years.

In addition to that, until 2 years ago he was pretty spry for someone that age. Then he was in a serious car accident with my grandmother that made national news when a concrete truck overturned on their car crushing the back of it. They didn't think he would ever walk again, let alone live. Against the odds, he did. And one of his great joys is traveling up from Tennessee to be in the stadium watching the game. And it would ruin his experience if the people ahead of him stood for the whole game, blocking his view.

There is often a lot of talk of being fans and supporting the team. I hear talk of how standing and being loud correlates to being a great fan. Then I hear talk of blue hairs sitting and how that somehow removes their aptitude to be a fan. That really pisses me off. Sure, some are just being lazy and want to sit, but there are more than a few who can't stand for a whole game, or even go from sitting to standing and back again multiple times. I don't sit or expect others to sit for me, its for those old timers who can't.

Show 'em some respect peoples. :rant

Have a section or two devoted to sitters. No standing allowed. Then ignore all texts except for boozin' and cussin'

This is exactly why, ever since I graduated from UNL, I have purchased my tickets from students. Sure it'd be great to say I was a season ticket holder, but I've sat in other parts of the stadium and it just isn't fun. I make it to almost every game and I'll continue to go as long as I can get a student ticket. When the day comes that i can't survive the student section anymore, I'll stay home and watch so I can continue to jump around and swear and drink whenever I damn well please.

I'm a cop myself, so my NWA humor is strictly sarcasm. The fact that you think we give a sh#t whether or not you are standing or sitting at a game is a bit off.... They obviously got a call for service, and no matter how petty said call is, we have to at least put on the show (i.e. appear) that we are upholding whatever the moron that called wanted us to do. Unfortunately we wear many hats, and the majority of them involve making some idiot feel like they are doing the right thing when they can't solve their own problems like a competent adult. If standing up bugged him/her so much, why couldn't he ask you to sit? Why do people find it so hard to talk to others to resolve their petty differences, as opposed to calling the police to "tattle-tail?" If I knew the answer to that question, I probably wouldn't be a very busy policeman.

In reference to your situation, those officers know the guy that called is right near you. With that in mind, they put on a show to: 1) Shut him/her up; and 2) hopefully convince you to stop doing whatever it is that pisses him/her off long enough so that he/she stops calling. So in reality, they probably don't care that you were doing what you were doing and are only enforcing the "No Standing" rule because some rich alum told the chief of the PD to do so. In my honest opinion, the policemen wanted to watch the game too, but they had to go deal with some blue hair’s petty BS... don't take what happened so seriously, it's not like you were taken down at gunpoint and beaten. :cop:

• Fire 1

I'm a cop myself, so my NWA humor is strictly sarcasm. The fact that you think we give a sh#t whether or not you are standing or sitting at a game is a bit off.... They obviously got a call for service, and no matter how petty said call is, we have to at least put on the show (i.e. appear) that we are upholding whatever the moron that called wanted us to do. Unfortunately we wear many hats, and the majority of them involve making some idiot feel like they are doing the right thing when they can't solve their own problems like a competent adult. If standing up bugged him/her so much, why couldn't he ask you to sit? Why do people find it so hard to talk to others to resolve their petty differences, as opposed to calling the police to "tattle-tail?" If I knew the answer to that question, I probably wouldn't be a very busy policeman.

In reference to your situation, those officers know the guy that called is right near you. With that in mind, they put on a show to: 1) Shut him/her up; and 2) hopefully convince you to stop doing whatever it is that pisses him/her off long enough so that he/she stops calling. So in reality, they probably don't care that you were doing what you were doing and are only enforcing the "No Standing" rule because some rich alum told the chief of the PD to do so. In my honest opinion, the policemen wanted to watch the game too, but they had to go deal with some blue hair’s petty BS... don't take what happened so seriously, it's not like you were taken down at gunpoint and beaten. :cop:

Nothing left to say, but :yeah

First off, that was a raw deal for the fan, and the police were out of line. Now there is a fine line of sitting and standing. I think you should be able to stand some and cheer on the team, but at the same time, allow those older handicapped people, who have own their seats for years, see the field some.

Yes, the give and take is those blue hair fans have the videos to see the game when fans are standing ... and the fans should be able to stand some ... it's part of the game. But the blue hairs are also entitled to see the field as least half the game. They paid their dues, and you shouldn't totally deprive them ... and some of you will be handicap someday. So to say they should stay home is insensitive, selfish and disrespectful. It's give and take folks. Blue hairs shouldn't expect you to sit the whole game, and you shouldn't expect them not to see the whole game. Is that unreasonable?

Stand for the defense and scream - sit for the offense and let them do their job :)

Ok, I've got ANOTHER perspective here and since this is the topic, here's MY two cents. I've only been to ONE GAME in Lincoln. It cost dearly for tickets, expenses, etc. We didn't have a choice in seats, just bought side by side tickets, took what was available. My brother and I are in our 40's. We go. Get there and our seats are on the walkway (so in our section we are the lowest set of seats because our feet are on the aisle, see?) Every big play we jump up scream, act like fans, that's fun, no-one gives us grief. HOWEVER, there is a family (guy in his late 30's, his wife, a brother in-law and his wife (assuming) in the next row of seats below us (so, they are on the TOP ROW of their section. NO ONE who stands in front of them is blocking their view. Ever. However, if THEY stand up, the people on 'our' set of seats CAN'T see anything but their shoulders and heads. There's two older gals (I'm gonna say 60's) next to us. So, one of them asks this 'family' if they could stay seated during regular play so these older gals can see. The gals in the 'family' say, 'sorry' and go to sit down (the family has been standing up blocking our view the ENTIRE third quarter and we weren't exactly THUMPING our opponents in that game). They weren't standing occasionally to cheer, just standing to watch. The GUYS in this family loudly say, "F&^% them" and they STAND THEIR gals UP and tell them to "STAND UP, F*&% them". So, the older gals beside us AND my brother and I don't get to see worth a HOOT the second half of the game. Now, here's the deal. I didn't complain, I didn't kick them in the back of the head to 'clear' my view, BUT I thought it was rude, disrespectful AND unnecessary. They could SEE THE GAME from a sitting position in that TOP TIER row and didn't need to stand. We totally understood if they had jumped up during big plays, that's AWESOME... But to stand up when you can see just fine, and then to do it when you KNOW you're blocking someone's view from behind and you don't NEED to... Well, that's BS in my book. Me, I stay pretty calm. My brother, on the other hand, had he caught those guys outside that stadium would have needed bail and likely an attorney. So, there is an opposite perspective, I ain't no blue hair, I'll still grab another man by the throat in the parking lot, I paid a BUNCHA money to go see a game and I had it screwed up because of some jerks. So, I think the key to all of this IS RESPECT. I think it's GREAT that the student section stands the entire time... Hey, if EVERYONE is standing then most EVERYONE CAN LIKELY SEE, right??? I took my lumps at that game, kind of said, 'well, I paid alot of money that I didn't have for a once in a lifetime chance to see my huskers play live... but life ain't always fair and I got banged a little in the second half'. It ain't the end of the world, but really, would it have been the end of the world for the two water injectors in front of us to sit down during the regular play??? No. Ok, I'm done...

As an individual with a minor disability it is difficult for me to stand an entire game, but I would NEVER complain about people choosing to stand in-front of or around me. When it hurts I sit, and it is not an issue. Sure I miss some plays, but it is not the end of the world. I get the concerns of individuals who "paid to attend the game and should be able to watch all of it," but the last thing I want to do is take away the enjoyment of those around me because of my issue. It is for this reason that I have started watching more games at home with family and friends. Watching the game is supposed to be fun, and part of what makes it fun is being apart of the "crowd." And when you are apart of the crowd, your individual wants and desires might not always be tended to...that is a fundamental part of the experience. Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to share my two cents.

:rant

As an individual with a minor disability it is difficult for me to stand an entire game, but I would NEVER complain about people choosing to stand in-front of or around me. When it hurts I sit, and it is not an issue. Sure I miss some plays, but it is not the end of the world. I get the concerns of individuals who "paid to attend the game and should be able to watch all of it," but the last thing I want to do is take away the enjoyment of those around me because of my issue. It is for this reason that I have started watching more games at home with family and friends. Watching the game is supposed to be fun, and part of what makes it fun is being apart of the "crowd." And when you are apart of the crowd, your individual wants and desires might not always be tended to...that is a fundamental part of the experience. Sorry for the rant, but people really need to stop being so selfish.

:rant

• Fire 1