Is Bo happy????

cb1954

I live in Washington State and don't watch many interviews done with Bo, try and read most articles. I hope I am wrong but sometimes get the feeling Bo isn't very happy most of the time. Maybe its just that he is so intense and I don't see the whole picture, just more of the negative.

What do fans think that live back there??

Bo, in my opinion, has a very old school coaching mentality.

If the man had been coaching football 40 years ago, before the boom in the media and sports industry, he would have been perfectly within his element. Today, he is responsible for supplying countless local, regional, and national news outlets with up to date information about a football team. He is required to take part in post game press conferences, teleconferences, weekly conferences, and post practice interviews. He also is responsible for going onto talk shows and obliging radio shows as a special guest.

He just isn't the type of guy who is comfortable in front of the camera. He's jittery, he's short, and he's vague. These are all tell tale signs of a guy who just isn't comfortable with what he's doing, but he does it because he has to.

So, yes, Bo is a very happy person. He just isn't exactly what one would call a charismatic man.

• Fire 1

If the man had been coaching football 40 years ago, before the boom in the media and sports industry, he would have been perfectly within his element. Today, he is responsible for supplying countless local, regional, and national news outlets with up to date information about a football team. He is required to take part in post game press conferences, teleconferences, weekly conferences, and post practice interviews. He also is responsible for going onto talk shows and obliging radio shows as a special guest.

He just isn't the type of guy who is comfortable in front of the camera. He's jittery, he's short, and he's vague. These are all tell tale signs of a guy who just isn't comfortable with what he's doing, but he does it because he has to.

So, yes, Bo is a very happy person. He just isn't exactly what one would call a charismatic man.

Nice answer man! Btw do you think Bo would be depressed if he didn't have gum to chew on that sideline?Maybe its a habit that he has,maybe chewing gum helps him relieve stress.

Couldn't agree more. It's not that he's "not happy", I think he completely is. He has high standards for his football team. He's brought back the culture of the old school, bust your ass, smash mouth football, that those of us had been missing. Just because he's not smiling on the sidelines, jumping up and down, like some of his coaching bretheren, doesn't mean eh's not enjoying himself.

Case in point, last year, I think it was Erin Andrews, walked up to him at halftime of the K St game, and asked him for how he thought his team played, and you could see it on his face, that he was less than enthused. We were winning 10-3.

My friend, who is a huge Notre Dame fan, looks at me, that's who I'd want to coach my football team.

I live in Washington State and don't watch many interviews done with Bo, try and read most articles. I hope I am wrong but sometimes get the feeling Bo isn't very happy most of the time. Maybe its just that he is so intense and I don't see the whole picture, just more of the negative.

Let's hope not. Happiness leads to contentedness, contentedness leads to giving less than 100%, giving less than 100% leads to mediocrity.

Nice answer man! Btw do you think Bo would be depressed if he didn't have gum to chew on that sideline?Maybe its a habit that he has,maybe chewing gum helps him relieve stress.

It's probably just a stress reliever, like you mentioned. Keeps him doing something so he's not jittery is my guess.

Where can I get a bedazzled jersey?

Would you like to be Pelini's new daughter?

Let's hope not. Happiness leads to contentedness, contentedness leads to giving less than 100%, giving less than 100% leads to mediocrity.

and mediocrity leads to the Dark Side.

Someone cue the Imperial March