Texas A&M looking to break attendence record

I understand, but at the same time it is kind of sad when you think about it, the game is just as much for the students as it is the fans, alumni, boosters etc...

This is my exact thought. It seems that it is more important to get Joe Blow fans in the game then it is to get the kids that really - this is their college - in the game.

8,000 students - to me thats pathetic.

Speaking of which...what is aTm's enrollment? 30k sounds like a lot of students to come to a game.

48,700 students, including 38,800 undergrads.

Good god! Even at the 23,500 that they are talking already, thats almost half the student body. That would really be someething as a school to be proud of, getting that many to a game. Props to them.

so, aTm can accommodate getting 3/4 of the students in, while nebraska throttles it back to 1/3 or so, period.

obviously these are rough fractions. but i think they make a point. the 12th man, the crowd, means something to them. Bo will continue to be disappointed in our fanbase until changes are made at memorial. seems pretty obvious to me.

so, aTm can accommodate getting 3/4 of the students in, while nebraska throttles it back to 1/3 or so, period.

obviously these are rough fractions. but i think they make a point. the 12th man, the crowd, means something to them. Bo will continue to be disappointed in our fanbase until changes are made at memorial. seems pretty obvious to me.

:yeah

Oh wait - don't turn this into another "Bo slams the fans" thread! :LOLtartar

It doesn't help when you hear "turn your attention to the Huskervision and watch this special video tribute to another paid advertiser".. A&M is loud enough place without the additional students that will be yelling, but if they can open it up (ticket wise to additional 8,000 people) what does that say about their base? We couldn't open up squat- since we sit in seats from the 1930's when people were half the size they are now.

I remember this topic from before and someone had posted a map of every student section in the big 12 and ours was by far the smallest of them all and the most concentrated in one area. Ours also goes up instead of spreads outs. It can create noise from the bounce back from the box and the north but if the students were closer to the field the difference would be amazing. It really is a shame, remember when dumbass TO got here he took 1000 students seats away from the edge for people that are paying a donation. You know what the biggest donations is? Tuition, I am sorry but if Bo wants it louder they really should move the students into the east more instead of higher in the stadium, I think we also have the smallest student section per percentage of students and seats in the BIG12.

There's about 2,000 members in the Corps of Cadets I believe.

The student section at Kyle is pretty much the entire half of the stadium.

3020973068_952c05eb0c.jpg

Premium seats at most places. I don't know the numbers off hand, but I wouldn't be surprised if the student pull for most games is around 20,000.

We get a lot of grief for being different and for being overly vocal in our support of the school and it's traditions, but I think the above helps make some of that devotion kinda cool.

I'm looking forward to good game and I hope that y'all that are making the trip have a great time in Aggieland. Good luck in the Big 10, you'll be missed by most Aggie fans.

I wonder how many of those students are military? Do you think that has something to do with how many students they can get into Kyle Stadium?

The Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M usually hovers around 2000 students.

Check out the link for an explanation of Texas A&M's Twelfth Man Tradition.

Twelfth Man Tradition at Texas A&M

Edit to add:

Previous poster answered before I could get the link posted.

Had to camp out in front of the ticket office at 4AM today to get tickets for my girlfriend's Corps outfit (It paid off, we're gonna be in the front row. Whoop for being a senior!). The demand is absolutely ridiculous--gonna be the most packed Kyle's ever been. Win or lose, if you're a college football fan, you're gonna love the atmosphere!