Chatelain: Pelini, Martinez have reached pivot point

Hercules

i think everyone needs to take everything surrounding this with a giant grain of salt. there is controversy and disappointment flooding this football team, and it seems to me the high profile qb is getting a lot of it place at his doorstep. its awfully easy to take it out on a guy that may or may not be any more difficult than the starting left tackle.

My God, the kid went out there and played on one leg and......everyone says to get rid of him.

Wow.

I don't think anyone is straight up saying get rid of him. All we are saying is, if this stuff is true, and he wants to act like a little kid and act like he is owed something he needs to hit the door. I support him because he's wearing the scarlet and cream, but if all these rumors are true, it's definately not good for the team in the long run.

Don't get rid of him, but he needs to hit the door? Those are pretty darned close to the same thing. And what is this awful thing he's done to get booted? He's aloof? Not (yet) a real leader, as a redshirt freshman? And the biggie, he texted his dad? Or did he? Bo said he's heard the stories, and none of them are close, and Bo wouldn't lie to us, would he? Let's get a little perspective on Martinez here. Even with multiple violations of the team rules of talking to outsiders to a game, that doesn't warrant pushing him off the team.

I don't know how I can be more clear in what I'm saying. :facepalm: I'm saying if this stuff is true, then goodbye to him, don't care for a kid who thinks it's all about him and not about the team. If this stuff is B.S. then obviously there isn't an issue.

i think everyone needs to take everything surrounding this with a giant grain of salt. there is controversy and disappointment flooding this football team, and it seems to me the high profile qb is getting a lot of it place at his doorstep. its awfully easy to take it out on a guy that may or may not be any more difficult than the starting left tackle.

No. There is way, way too much information to back up the fact that Martinez is a prima donna for it to not have significant truth. You are hearing it from members of the media, former players, and even hints from the way Pelini has interacted with Martinez. It's a shame that Pelini had reason to yell at multiple people last game and is therefore being labeled as a hot head because the way he blew up on Martinez reflects some long-standing issues between the two.

Not to mention that no one is blaming Martinez for anything. In other words, it's not like we've lost games due to Martinez and are now trying to make excuses for it. We are simply making observations about Martinez's behavior and looking at the information we have available.

I am afraid this kid is trouble. And it makes me mad because he is such an amazing athlete. Something tells me that if he has one more issue, he will be dismissed or quit the team.

If I'm betting, Martinez will not be enrolled at UNL come second semester. I think Bo and Taylor will have a pow wow here either after today's game or the Big 12 Championship game whichever ends our regular season, and they'll come to a mutual agreement that Lincoln isn't the place for Taylor to continue his studies whining.

FIFY..............I agree with you, I don't think he's here next year either. Way too much smoke for some of this not to be true. I'm sure some of it is over-the-top, but not all of it.

If I'm betting, Martinez will not be enrolled at UNL come second semester. I think Bo and Taylor will have a pow wow here either after today's game or the Big 12 Championship game whichever ends our regular season, and they'll come to a mutual agreement that Lincoln isn't the place for Taylor to continue his studies whining.

FIFY..............I agree with you, I don't think he's here next year either. Way too much smoke for some of this not to be true. I'm sure some of it is over-the-top, but not all of it.

I am on board with this.

Just overall, will never be the team leader we need!

My God, the kid went out there and played on one leg and......everyone says to get rid of him.

Wow.

I don't think anyone is straight up saying get rid of him. All we are saying is, if this stuff is true, and he wants to act like a little kid and act like he is owed something he needs to hit the door. I support him because he's wearing the scarlet and cream, but if all these rumors are true, it's definately not good for the team in the long run.

Don't get rid of him, but he needs to hit the door? Those are pretty darned close to the same thing. And what is this awful thing he's done to get booted? He's aloof? Not (yet) a real leader, as a redshirt freshman? And the biggie, he texted his dad? Or did he? Bo said he's heard the stories, and none of them are close, and Bo wouldn't lie to us, would he? Let's get a little perspective on Martinez here. Even with multiple violations of the team rules of talking to outsiders to a game, that doesn't warrant pushing him off the team.

I don't know how I can be more clear in what I'm saying. :facepalm: I'm saying if this stuff is true, then goodbye to him, don't care for a kid who thinks it's all about him and not about the team. If this stuff is B.S. then obviously there isn't an issue.

Because you face palmed me, I'm going to explain why it isn't all that clear. I was reading it like a parent telling a kid "If you're going to behave that way, you need to go to your room" as they send them to their room. The "if" part isn't a question, it's an explanation that their action has a consequence. It's a way of reading it, maybe not the way you meant it.

Some of you are writing people off to soon. Try to put yourself at 19-20 years old and basically the "CEO" of a company, that is what a QB is, especially to a team that is running an offense that is QB driven.

If he got in trouble for drinking there would be a bunch of "College kids drink" posts, because its not a big deal. Well guess what, being unsure, being scared, being cocky, being quiet, those are things that all college kids do to.

I do know, that usually, the thing that motivates people the most is one others doubt them. We have all been there I am sure. My guess, is that he comes back better then ever.

Think how many things you would love to get a do over on when you were 18-20. Maybe it was not talking back to a cop, chaning your major, actually putting on a rubber instead of just saying its on, saying "I love you" to a girl. I know I have changed since I was that age, which was not that long ago for me. I am guessing he can too, if there is even anything to change.

• Fire 2

Hey guys, glad to be a part of Husker Board. I'm on here reading all the time, first time poster. Teacher, I couldn't agree more with your post. It's just way too early to write this kid off. Some people mature faster than others. I believe this whole season will be a huge learning experience for Taylor. Especially with all the fresh QB talent coming in, he is just going to want this more and develop his role as a leader on this team in the months and years to come. The kid has 3 more years with NU. Think of your freshman year in college, now fast forward each year until graduation. I highly doubt you were the same person that first showed up on campus. Chances are you were more mature, knowledgeable, outgoing and passionate. Taylor just has a lot of growing to do and we all get to watch, hopefully.

• Fire 1