Chatelain: Pelini, Martinez have reached pivot point

Hercules

My God, the kid went out there and played on one leg and......everyone says to get rid of him.

Wow.

I don't think anyone is straight up saying get rid of him. All we are saying is, if this stuff is true, and he wants to act like a little kid and act like he is owed something he needs to hit the door. I support him because he's wearing the scarlet and cream, but if all these rumors are true, it's definately not good for the team in the long run.

My God, the kid went out there and played on one leg and......everyone says to get rid of him.

Wow.

I don't think anyone is straight up saying get rid of him. All we are saying is, if this stuff is true, and he wants to act like a little kid and act like he is owed something he needs to hit the door. I support him because he's wearing the scarlet and cream, but if all these rumors are true, it's definately not good for the team in the long run.

Don't get rid of him, but he needs to hit the door? Those are pretty darned close to the same thing. And what is this awful thing he's done to get booted? He's aloof? Not (yet) a real leader, as a redshirt freshman? And the biggie, he texted his dad? Or did he? Bo said he's heard the stories, and none of them are close, and Bo wouldn't lie to us, would he? Let's get a little perspective on Martinez here. Even with multiple violations of the team rules of talking to outsiders to a game, that doesn't warrant pushing him off the team.

VA, read more carefully! If all the stuff about his ridiculous ego issues/dad problems are true, then it could be best for Taylor to be shown the door. It's hardly a very big 'if' at this point, and remember the key word: 'could'. As Dirk even qualifies in the article, there was Crouch who came back and won a Heisman, and DeAngelo Evans who left. It's an unfinished story at this point.

Bo said he's heard the stories, and none of them are close, and Bo wouldn't lie to us, would he?

Why wouldn't he? Because he cares about us fans that much...? Sorry - it's not true and he shouldn't care about us that much. I don't think fans should expect that out of their coach. Bo sticks up for his players and stands behind them publicly, and that's what I like to see in a coach. Oftentimes, that means the fans don't get the kind of extensive honesty they want.

And Bo would definitely, definitely throw misinformation out there.

this kid is a once in a lifetime type player

Once in a lifetime? I don't know about that one.

"Nebraska was averaging 458.5 yards and 37.9 points per game through its first eight football games this season.

Both of those numbers were good for top 20 rankings in the NCAA statistics.

Then quarterback Taylor Martinez banged up his ankle.

In three games since his injury, Nebraska has averaged 339 yards and 19 points per game. Those figures are comparable to last year's offensive unit that averaged 322.8 and 25.1 points and ranked among the worst of any Nebraska team in the past four decades."

My link

• Fire 1

This post has become pretty long and maybe this was already stated now that the dust has settled a bit- but here is what I am told by my trusted parents of kids on the team(keep in mind they are all pretty tight lipped on what goes on down there and i like that). Taylor's father quit for him lat week. He and Bo talked and it got heated as hell. Bo reached Taylor after many tries and it was decided that Taylor will have to appeal to the Unity Council to get "back" on the team. The Unity Council voted not to take back Taylor. Bo got out of his slippers and talked to the UC and said you have to take him back. He is back on the team. I can not predict his future, but it would seem to me as the article stated- there are two sets of rules. If this crap continues, there could be a great divide amongst this team. Next year and the additional qb recruits etc.. can not come fast enough (in case the pri madonna rears its ugly head). I like Taylor a lot, but one guy should not hold the rest of the team hostage. my two cents

VA, read more carefully! If all the stuff about his ridiculous ego issues/dad problems are true, then it could be best for Taylor to be shown the door. It's hardly a very big 'if' at this point, and remember the key word: 'could'. As Dirk even qualifies in the article, there was Crouch who came back and won a Heisman, and DeAngelo Evans who left. It's an unfinished story at this point.

It seems to me that a lot of people are already assuming the worst. Maybe I am reading the posts wrong. But even with the worst, I haven't seen how his ego is affecting team play on the field, nor has the dad issue. A real prima donna with an ego problem would probably use his injury to smugly watch the team fall apart without him, instead Taylor went back in hurt and risked further injury.

Bo said he's heard the stories, and none of them are close, and Bo wouldn't lie to us, would he?

Why wouldn't he? Because he cares about us fans that much...? Sorry - it's not true and he shouldn't care about us that much. I don't think fans should expect that out of their coach. Bo sticks up for his players and stands behind them publicly, and that's what I like to see in a coach. Oftentimes, that means the fans don't get the kind of extensive honesty they want.

And Bo would definitely, definitely throw misinformation out there.

I should've thrown the sarcasm thing in there. I know he'd lie. The question is, why? Why not just say "no comment"?

I understand hiding and even lying about injuries, and starters, which can give us an edge if teams don't know how to prepare, though I don't think teams need to prepare very much for a Cody Green offense, whether it's because he's handcuffed or not capable or both.

It's the other lies I don't understand. It happens enough that I think the Pelinis tried to concoct that story about Carl trying to get to a player and bumping into a camera, until there was photo evidence that made it obviously false. And now I know why a reporter asked if Bo was hiding a Martinez suspension by claiming injury. It's going to bite him at some point, and they are really lucky Carl's incident wasn't more serious.

After reading Vizsla's post, I'll acknowledge that it does sound worse than I've thought. But another view is that perhaps the unity council needs to think about the doing best for the team rather than blackballing someone who isn't "one of the guys". If the guy quit and the team and wouldn't go back in the game in the 2nd half, that's one thing, but he did gut it out. That'll probably be the last I say for awhile because I really don't know what's going on. I know some of you do have inside info but it's hard to know who really does and who's just talking out of their arse. Chatelain probably does have decent info, and even if he doesn't name his sources he is putting his own name behind it, unlike some web poster with a handle like "VA Husker Fan".

Fair points VA, all of them.

Vizsla1, that is really a heck of a thing to say...

Taylor's father quit for him last week. He and Bo talked and it got heated as hell. Bo reached Taylor after many tries and it was decided that Taylor will have to appeal to the Unity Council to get "back" on the team. The Unity Council voted not to take back Taylor. Bo got out of his slippers and talked to the UC and said you have to take him back. He is back on the team.

If true, wow is all I have to say. Especially the bolded part. Got to take this with a grain of salt though.

Seems everybody chooses words carefully when discussing Martinez -- everybody except Phillip Dillard, that is. The New York Giants rookie and ex-Husker linebacker raised eyebrows this week with a statement on his Facebook page regarding Martinez. Dillard called him "arrogant and disrespectful" and suggested there were problems with T-Magic from Day One.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_1a59a6f4-f902-11df-8cf0-001cc4c002e0.html

Thought you guys might find this interesting.

Seems everybody chooses words carefully when discussing Martinez -- everybody except Phillip Dillard, that is. The New York Giants rookie and ex-Husker linebacker raised eyebrows this week with a statement on his Facebook page regarding Martinez. Dillard called him "arrogant and disrespectful" and suggested there were problems with T-Magic from Day One.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_1a59a6f4-f902-11df-8cf0-001cc4c002e0.html

:clap

Read this when he originally posted it on Facebook a while back, but I'm glad the media picked it up as well. Probably will fall on deaf ears, or more excuses will be made.

:clap

Read this when he originally posted it on Facebook a while back, but I'm glad the media picked it up as well. Probably will fall on deaf ears, or more excuses will be made.

Hopefully T-Magic grows up in much the same way Dillard did in his time as a Husker.