UPDATED: Beebe not in Lincoln... Will hand over death threat e-mails to authorities

Nexus

Why does everybody believe Beebe when he says he got phone calls and emails? This guy's a liar, with his head stuck in the sand, promising big TV deals that don't exist. Why wouldn't he lie about emails and phone calls?

:yeah

Or how about the fact that anyone can call or write something and claim to be something they are not; such as a Husker fan. Granted it's pretty pathetic to waste your time and energy doing something like that, but I would not put it past some of our lovely Big 12 rivals.

Thanks for listening

Eric Crouch

See what I did....... I pretended to be Eric Crouch

sorry bad joke, but made my point

Why does everybody believe Beebe when he says he got phone calls and emails? This guy's a liar, with his head stuck in the sand, promising big TV deals that don't exist. Why wouldn't he lie about emails and phone calls?

:yeah

Or how about the fact that anyone can call or write something and claim to be something they are not; such as a Husker fan. Granted it's pretty pathetic to waste your time and energy doing something like that, but I would not put it past some of our lovely Big 12 rivals.

Thanks for listening

Eric Crouch

See what I did....... I pretended to be Eric Crouch

sorry bad joke, but made my point

Wow, I missed it... I thought you were saying thanks to Eric Crouch for listening to you. I was like "how does he know Eric is reading this?"

Big 12 Conference Commissioner Dan Beebe has gone to authorities with what he has said were threats against him and his family by Nebraska football fans.

The Dallas Police Department is investigating a report of multiple harassing telephone calls and letters to Beebe's Dallas home as well as to his family's former residence, a department spokesman told The World-Herald on Tuesday.

“Officers are providing extra patrols at those locations,” Dallas police spokesman Kevin Janse said.

He said a report was filed Tuesday with Dallas police.

Janse said he did not know exactly how many calls or letters there were, and could not say what was said or written. He said investigators had not determined if the messages came from Nebraska.

Asked whether the messages constituted threats, Janse said that depends in part on how specific they were and how imminent any danger was, and whether they placed a person in fear of imminent serious injury.

Beebe told reporters over the weekend that he did not travel to Lincoln to present the Big 12 North trophy to Nebraska's football team because he had received threats from people purporting to be Nebraska fans.

Beebe also has said about 2,000 calls and e-mails, many of them nasty, had come into Big 12 offices from Nebraska fans.

NU Athletic Director Tom Osborne said he had been told conference representatives would not be at the NU-Colorado game because they didn't feel safe.

Beebe declined an interview request this week made through Assistant Big 12 Commissioner Bob Burda.

Burda declined Tuesday to provide copies of the threats or describe them in detail, citing the police investigation. He also declined to detail the other calls or messages. Asked how many were threatening, Burda said he couldn't give an exact number, but a few of them were.

Beebe told the Kansas City Star on Friday that he “had a threat talking about you're going to die and your family is going to die in your house.”

He also said someone called him, apparently impersonating a police officer, and told him “they had my daughter (who is in college) and she was unresponsive.”

Beebe told USA Today that “One voice mail was: ‘If I see you on the street, I'm going to hit you on the head and stab you.'”

LINK

Death threats and harassment are unacceptable, but unfortunately it is part of the landscape that we are under. Take a look at what the Boise State kicker is dealing with HERE.

Beebe is a coward and this seems more and more like partisan politics everyday. Nebraska bad - Big 12 good. As someone stated earlier, I would like to see the national media pick this up. I actually think there is something here. The whole volleyball deal was what finally convinced me.

At the end of the day, this loser can do whatever he wants...which he has proven. The real thing that we now know as fans is that Beebe's skills as a leader, that use to be behind closed doors, are now on display for all of us. It make more sense everyday why the leadership at Nebraska chose to go a different way.

Just imagine right now Beebe is tossing and turning wondering how he will fake a smile as he hands the trophy to Bo. Wondering if there is a way he can get out of it. As us Husker fans are wondering just how low is Beebe willing to sink to avoid giving credit to the Huskers.

he will simply delegate the trophy presentation to someone else, bullies rarely show up at a fair fight, they would rather intimidate others from a distance. the guy is a tool.

4c52f110a8304.image.jpg

this is the face of the enemy, people. know it well. memorize the smug look on his face.

it will make winning the big xii championship that much sweeter.

"Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam. "

I miss John Candy.

LOL, Uncle Buck Rules ! So does this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvxe04wGmTw&feature=related

Volleyball does have a trophy presentation:

vb07b12champs.jpg

Men's basketball would appear to have a Big 12 trophy presentation:

ku_bkc_texas26_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Women's basketball also appears to have a trophy on hand:

catsvb_photo_Big12_trophy_3.jpg

Women's soccer even has a trophy:

102509_WomensSoccer03_t_w600_h600.jpg

But I think we'd all agree the most incriminating is this one -- I wasn't convinced there was actually a trophy for a divisional title, but it looks like our friend Mr. Beebe is presenting a trophy in the Husker locker room after we clinched the Big 12 north title just last year, 2009:

YOFTMJJNLGXMBXQ.20091122045150.jpg

However, to be impartial, we didn't have the Big12 North clinched this year in football or volleyball. A loss by either team would have awarded the divisional trophy in football to Missouri and the conference title in volleyball to Texas.

• Fire 1

I get happier and happier each and every day that we are leaving this joke of a confrence. I always knew the big 8 was better than the big 12, but this childish and unprofessional behavior has hit all new lows. I can somewhat understand the football trophy if there were death threats that is a legit reason to not show up. (although there were alternitives) The vollyball trophy is another thing eniterly no threats, the game was not in lincoln and all he had to do was hand over the trophy and say congrats.

The reason I think it makes me so angry is that this in no way should envolve the student athletes for any sport, let the fans complain, let there be tense words between the athletic departmetn and the higher ups in the big 12, but leve the kids out of it. When Beebe pulls this childish crap it snubs the athletes who have worked very hard and represented their school and the big 12 very well.

How long can garbage like this go on before the national media starts to actually expose what the big 12 is doing. Is there some sort of unspoken code of conduct when it comes to being critical of a conference? I'm surprised to be saying this since I'm not a very big volleyball fan but I'm much angrier over this snub than crap pulled last saturday. (and that's saying a lot becuase I was pretty mad about that)

I wish as fans we had some type of recorse aginst this, but we have alrady seen what happnes if we email our disapproval to the big 12. Beebe is a childish clown. Thank goodness there is only about 6 months left and we are forever gone from the child birthday party that is the big 12.

:rant

I'm guessing that shickenchit Beebe heard about Tara Mueller's dozen kills on Sr. night.

Big 12 Conference Commissioner Dan Beebe has gone to authorities with what he has said were threats against him and his family by Nebraska football fans.

The Dallas Police Department is investigating a report of multiple harassing telephone calls and letters to Beebe's Dallas home as well as to his family's former residence, a department spokesman told The World-Herald on Tuesday.

“Officers are providing extra patrols at those locations,” Dallas police spokesman Kevin Janse said.

Janse said he did not know exactly how many calls or letters there were, and could not say what was said or written. He said investigators had not determined if the messages came from Nebraska.

Asked whether the messages constituted threats, Janse said that depends in part on how specific they were and how imminent any danger was, and whether they placed a person in fear of imminent serious injury.

Beebe told reporters over the weekend that he did not travel to Lincoln to present the Big 12 North trophy to Nebraska's football team because he had received threats from people purporting to be Nebraska fans.

Beebe also has said about 2,000 calls and e-mails, many of them nasty, had come into Big 12 offices from Nebraska fans.

NU Athletic Director Tom Osborne said he had been told conference representatives would not be at the NU-Colorado game because they didn't feel safe.

Beebe declined an interview request this week made through Assistant Big 12 Commissioner Bob Burda.

Burda declined Tuesday to provide copies of the threats or describe them in detail, citing the police investigation. He also declined to detail the other calls or messages. Asked how many were threatening, Burda said he couldn't give an exact number, but a few of them were.

Beebe told the Kansas City Star on Friday that he “had a threat talking about you're going to die and your family is going to die in your house.”

He also said someone called him, apparently impersonating a police officer, and told him “they had my daughter (who is in college) and she was unresponsive.”

Beebe told USA Today that “One voice mail was: ‘If I see you on the street, I'm going to hit you on the head and stab you.'”

LINK

Ummm..... what? Why would he submit this information to the Dallas PD? If Nebraska Fan threatened Beebe over the internet, or via phone, and they live/made the call in Nebraska or any state outside of Texas, this is not a local PD situation. This is either a state or federal offense, if it's an offense at all. Basically, jurisdiction would boil down to where the call/email came from or where it was received, but in no way would this be a local PD investigation. In Texas the first folks I would contact would be the Texas Attorney General's office, or failing that I would contact the state patrol. The last people I would contact would be my local police department - they have juris over the borders of their city, not internet or telephone harassment.

Beebe has access to some pretty decent lawyers at Big XII headquarters, and there is no way he didn't consult with them when he got these threats. I'm shocked they steered him to the Dallas PD, or that he ignored their advice to contact state or federal authorities first.

It's almost as if he intends to give it to the wrong folks, have them dicker around with a forward to the appropriate jurisdiction, have the process take several weeks on purpose, at the end have nothing come of it and the whole thing blows over once Nebraska is done with football in a few days. Meanwhile, Nebraska and Nebraska Fan have been smeared with bad press, and there's nothing to counteract it in the court of public opinion.

It's been said several times but it bears repeating - there isn't a right-minded Husker Fan out there who doesn't want to see the jackballs who called/emailed Beebe with threats punished. That's uncalled for, and I hope they rot in jail. But that doesn't mean I buy Beebe's story 100%. I don't trust this guy at all. This move doesn't make me trust him any more.

LINK

Ummm..... what? Why would he submit this information to the Dallas PD? If Nebraska Fan threatened Beebe over the internet, or via phone, and they live/made the call in Nebraska or any state outside of Texas, this is not a local PD situation. This is either a state or federal offense, if it's an offense at all. Basically, jurisdiction would boil down to where the call/email came from or where it was received, but in no way would this be a local PD investigation. In Texas the first folks I would contact would be the Texas Attorney General's office, or failing that I would contact the state patrol. The last people I would contact would be my local police department - they have juris over the borders of their city, not internet or telephone harassment.

Beebe has access to some pretty decent lawyers at Big XII headquarters, and there is no way he didn't consult with them when he got these threats. I'm shocked they steered him to the Dallas PD, or that he ignored their advice to contact state or federal authorities first.

It's almost as if he intends to give it to the wrong folks, have them dicker around with a forward to the appropriate jurisdiction, have the process take several weeks on purpose, at the end have nothing come of it and the whole thing blows over once Nebraska is done with football in a few days. Meanwhile, Nebraska and Nebraska Fan have been smeared with bad press, and there's nothing to counteract it in the court of public opinion.

It's been said several times but it bears repeating - there isn't a right-minded Husker Fan out there who doesn't want to see the jackballs who called/emailed Beebe with threats punished. That's uncalled for, and I hope they rot in jail. But that doesn't mean I buy Beebe's story 100%. I don't trust this guy at all. This move doesn't make me trust him any more.

Every thing you said is correct, this is not some regualr guy who does not have the cntact information for the propper authorities so giving it to the local PD tells us one of two things either he did not have advice on who to turn the information over too. Or it is the intentional delay of the process that you brought up, either way he did not use his resources to handle the situration properly. He mishandled both the professional and legal aspects of this whole situation.

With the delay in the procress as you mentiond it almost asures that any guilty party is not brought to justice which is a real trvesty. The husker fans who did this tarnished a very good name and due to the way it was handled probably wont see any serious punnishment.

Dallas police now say they are NOT ivestigating the threats

Dallas police now say they are not investigating alleged threats against Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe, although they are continuing to provide extra patrols by his family home.

A Dallas Police Department spokesman had said earlier this week that the agency was investigating a report of multiple harassing calls and mail to Beebes home. But the spokesman, Sr. Cpl. Kevin Janse, said Thursday that that was a mistake based on a misunderstanding by officers who had been flagged down by Beebes wife.

She told the officers that the family had received threats and was concerned, Janse said. Police initially thought the messages had gone to Beebes Dallas home, he said. They later determined that they had not gone to the familys home, but instead were received at Big 12 offices in nearby Irving, Texas, outside Dallas. Irving has its own police department.

Asked for a copy of the report from Beebes wife, Janse said there was no written crime report.

Big 12 officials could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Earlier this week, Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said the matter had been reported to the authorities, but declined to name the agency. He said he couldnt provide copies of the alleged threats because they were under investigation.

Beebe had told reporters that he received death threats from Nebraska football fans. He has said thats why he didnt travel to Lincoln Nov. 26 to give the Big 12 North Division trophy to the Huskers after they won by beating Colorado.

A spokesman for the Irving Police Department said Thursday that the agencys records showed no reports involving Beebe.

A University of Nebraska-Lincoln spokeswoman, Kelly Bartling, said Thursday that the university works with a threat-assessment network, but had not heard from law enforcement authorities or the Big 12 about any investigation into the alleged threats.

Our law enforcement has not received any contact about any threat, or any report that we are being asked to be involved in, or asked to investigate, she said.

Link

This just gets worse and worse, I should be over this by now but I'm not. One minute they say they turned over the documents to the Dallas PD next the PD says they are not ivestigating the issue becuase the threats happned in irving. At first I assumed that the threats were real but this all is starting to sound real fishy

Dallas police now say they are NOT ivestigating the threats

Dallas police now say they are not investigating alleged threats against Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe, although they are continuing to provide extra patrols by his family home.

A Dallas Police Department spokesman had said earlier this week that the agency was investigating a report of multiple harassing calls and mail to Beebe’s home. But the spokesman, Sr. Cpl. Kevin Janse, said Thursday that that was a mistake based on a misunderstanding by officers who had been flagged down by Beebe’s wife.

She told the officers that the family had received threats and was concerned, Janse said. Police initially thought the messages had gone to Beebe’s Dallas home, he said. They later determined that they had not gone to the family’s home, but instead were received at Big 12 offices in nearby Irving, Texas, outside Dallas. Irving has its own police department.

Asked for a copy of the report from Beebe’s wife, Janse said there was no written crime report.

Big 12 officials could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Earlier this week, Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said the matter had been reported to “the authorities,” but declined to name the agency. He said he couldn’t provide copies of the alleged threats because they were under investigation.

Beebe had told reporters that he received death threats from Nebraska football fans. He has said that’s why he didn’t travel to Lincoln Nov. 26 to give the Big 12 North Division trophy to the Huskers after they won by beating Colorado.

A spokesman for the Irving Police Department said Thursday that the agency’s records showed no reports involving Beebe.

A University of Nebraska-Lincoln spokeswoman, Kelly Bartling, said Thursday that the university works with a threat-assessment network, but had not heard from law enforcement authorities or the Big 12 about any investigation into the alleged threats.

“Our law enforcement has not received any contact about any threat, or any report that we are being asked to be involved in, or asked to investigate,” she said.

Link

:laughpound

The funny thing is, this will get overlooked but Nebraska fans will still be labeled because of Beebe's claims.