Nebraska vs. Washington, pt. 2

Nexus

It's true. There's no excitement in this game. We could come out on fire and roll them or come out flat and get beat. Who really cares. The bowls are about intriguing matchups. This isn't one. A few more lame duck matchups for us and I may throw my bid in for the playoff (probably not).

what a joke, the attendance for this one will be miserable, fans will not go for this piece of sh#t match up.

definitely a final snub against NU...team should be pissed enough to run up the score to 70 points or more.

There is no reason to run up the score this isn't Washington's fault

If you look at Google's realtime almost all tweets and updates from Mizzou fans are "YES!! Serves you right NU" or something to that nature...whereas here is what I've seen from some Iowa fans:

"Worthless opponent in a worthless bowl..."

"I guess it's still a bowl game"

"well that sucks"

From Hawkeyenation

I think the worthless opponent was directed to Iowa, the 7-5 team that lost its final three games and nearly escaped a loss in Indiana on a dropped pass in the end zone. Missouri, the second highest ranked Big XII team, will beat Iowa. It's too bad a 10-2 team has to play a team with a worthless record.

It's true. There's no excitement in this game. We could come out on fire and roll them or come out flat and get beat. Who really cares. The bowls are about intriguing matchups. This isn't one. A few more lame duck matchups for us and I may throw my bid in for the playoff (probably not).

what a joke, the attendance for this one will be miserable, fans will not go for this piece of sh#t match up.

definitely a final snub against NU...team should be pissed enough to run up the score to 70 points or more.

There is no reason to run up the score this isn't Washington's fault

it's not about them either.....it is pretty much us against the world at this point

Whoever says they should decline this game are a bunch of complete numb skulls. And the bowls below this for the big 12 are already filled. I doubt the Holiday bowl is happy about this matchup either. The Pac-10 only has like 4 teams bowl eligible or something and Nebraska just fell to them. The Holiday bowl really had no other choice to be honest and neither do the teams playing in it. Washington will be amped up for another shot, but I just don't know how Nebraska could get motivated. This is a no win situation for Nebraska.

I'm so f'ing heated right now, something went under the table, mother f'ing f#*k face Beebe, good lord when will it f'ing stop??? and f'ing seeing him laughing and smiling and pointing at the players last night like there hott sh#t during the trophy pres is completely bullsh#t, if that was neb he would have a fake ass smile and try to get out of there as fast as he could, mother fu&*#r f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k

Remember before last years holiday bowl the president or someone had a nice pregame message where he said we tried to select the best match up possible, happy holidays. This year he should be like "we had no other option, feel free to turn away at half, f#*k this I'm going to bed now".

• Fire 1

Whoever says they should decline this game are a bunch of complete numb skulls. And the bowls below this for the big 12 are already filled. I doubt the Holiday bowl is happy about this matchup either. The Pac-10 only has like 4 teams bowl eligible or something and Nebraska just fell to them. The Holiday bowl really had no other choice to be honest and neither do the teams playing in it. Washington will be amped up for another shot, but I just don't know how Nebraska could get motivated. This is a no win situation for Nebraska.

I wasn't aware that the other bowls had already selected their teams. I don't keep close tabs on this stuff I assumed they were still putting pieces into place and the bowl "projections" on sports pages were just that.

I wasn't aware that the other bowls had already selected their teams. I don't keep close tabs on this stuff I assumed they were still putting pieces into place and the bowl "projections" on sports pages were just that.

The three bowl below Holiday (Texas already announced Baylor, Pinstripe already announced K-St. and The other one already announced T. Tech.) KSU was announced a couple days ago and Baylor and Tech each announced earlier today. So Nebraska basically for left with the last bowl left available. Also Washington was the only Pac-10 team left. I really do not think the Holiday bowl or anyone involved is going to be happy with this matchup. Maybe Washington because they get a shot at redemption after an embarassing game. It's really a lose/lose situation for Nebraska. You win, so what, you already beat them. Nebraska might not be as motivated and play a close game or even lose.

One thing is for sure....This will be Bo's biggest test for motivating a team I think he's ever had in his coaching career....