Good Luck Shawn Watson on that New Job!!

I wish Watson the best of luck with his interview with Vanderbilt, because I think it is time for a change here at Nebraska. Watson has proven once again that he can not make adjustments to the offense when his game plan is not working.

Barney Cotton should maybe be looking elsewhere also, after the offensive line got beat the way they did by Oklahoma. Last year the O-line got better as the season went along - from terrible to mediocre. This season they have gone backwards as the season progressed - from adequate to less than mediocre (and that would be kind).

I hope that Bo can make the necessary changes that need to be made, because if we don't, we will remain a mediocre team that is not taken seriously, and will take our lumps in the Big Ten.

Starting with a new offense and a QB that has not seen action will be very tough in the Big Ten. We have a lot of work to be done, and we need to take the QB out of the mix a little. Taylor did not survive the season and neither did Robinson. The Big Ten is bigger defenses than we faced this year I think. We have to have a threat of being able to pass. It seemed Taylor got worse as the season went along. Being out there crippled did not help I am sure.

Next year is going to be tough I am afraid after watching this year.

Why would anyone want the Vandy job? Grave yard at best. No athletes, his offense against SEC defenses would be worse than here. I do not see him going. At least not to Vandy.

i personally think there isnt a better time to make a change, if its gonna happen.

theyre going to be learning on the fly with all of these teams we've never played at all or regularly anyways. its not at all like going into this year with a decade plus of game film, tendencies, stadium exp...etc...all of that.

i pray...PRAY...that if a change isnt made this offseason, a miracle occurs and watson becomes savant like...because its going to be tough either way. if he stinks it up, then you do what exactly? start over again the second year in a new conference? call it a wash?

Be careful what you wish for, that's all I say.

The moment that Martinez was named the starter Watson had 2-3 weeks to develop a scheme that a redshirt freshman would succeed in. And you know what? He did a pretty darn good job, in fact we destroyed Washington, KSU, OSU and Missouri in the first half with that scheme and young QB. Scored more points on those teams than any other team all year, but once Taylor got hurt we were in trouble, we didn't have another QB that matched his talents with his legs. That combined with Bo's insistance on playing Taylor at 60-70% of his health made an ugly end to the season.

I say hats off to Shawn Watson for developing such a potent offense early in the year with a QB that very few thought would ever take a meaningful snap at QB for a BCS level program.

The moment that Martinez was named the starter Watson had 2-3 weeks to develop a scheme that a redshirt freshman would succeed in. And you know what? He did a pretty darn good job, in fact we destroyed Washington, KSU, OSU and Missouri in the first half with that scheme and young QB. Scored more points on those teams than any other team all year, but once Taylor got hurt we were in trouble, we didn't have another QB that matched his talents with his legs. That combined with Bo's insistance on playing Taylor at 60-70% of his health made an ugly end to the season.

I say hats off to Shawn Watson for developing such a potent offense early in the year with a QB that very few thought would ever take a meaningful snap at QB for a BCS level program.

You do realize those defense wre horrible right? Missouris was 40th..OSU's was 90th, KSU wa ike 80th and Washington was around 90th as well..those are bottom half defenses we have faced...

This.

I think the offensive line was better this year, they did a decent job but not a NEBRASKA job. I think its definitely time for a change in the OL coaching, and I don't like what I see out of the offense, as a whole in terms of formations etc. I think Watson is somewhat of a chameleon or jack of all trades able to change offenses pretty quick but we need to go with something different and more consistent. You don't see the Colts running our stuff...

This.

I hardly see how any replacement could do worse the last two years.

Worse than 99th in total offense? Worse than....oh, what's the use. The apologist's don't understand numbers anyway.

• Fire 1

You do realize those defense wre horrible right? Missouris was 40th..OSU's was 90th, KSU wa ike 80th and Washington was around 90th as well..those are bottom half defenses we have faced...

All of those schools played some pretty potent offenses during the year, Washington played Stanford and Oregon ( #1 and # 8 in scoring, NU scored more than both), K-State played OSU and Baylor (#3 and #29 in scoring, NU scored more than both), OSU played A&M, Tex. Tech, OU, Troy, Tulsa, KSU (#37, #34, #17, #27, #10, #25 in scoring, NU topped them all), MU played Illinois, KSU, San Diego State, A&M and Texas Tech (#34, #25, #20, #37, #34, again, NU topped them ALL)

So NU scored more on those 4 teams than some VERY good offenses, and outscored teams like Missouri, Florida, Georgia Tech, West Virginia...all teams that many would consider "better" offenses than Nebraska and Watson, and he did it with a redshirt freshman that was gimpy throughout most the last third of the year.

This.

Worse than 99th in total offense? Worse than....oh, what's the use. The apologist's don't understand numbers anyway.

Might want to use some real statistics.

This.

35th in total offense this year, 28th in scoring offense and 10th in rushing offense despite a gimpy QB for 1/3 of the games.

What a horrible OC.

Please point out that we were 109th in passing, and I'll agree that is horrible. But I'll also expect you to call out Bo and Carl for having a defense that ranked 111th in tackles for losses which is even worse.