Nebraska's QBs/RBs of the future...

FLU

OK, so next year we'll have T-Magic, Cody Green, Brion Carnes, and Jamal Turner... I'm not expecting Bubba Starling to make it on campus. At RB we'll have Burkhead, Robinson, Aaron Green, and possibly Braylon Heard. The question is, where will they all fit in? Will Turner and A.Green redshirt? Will be converted to WR? Any other guesses?

I could see Turner redshirting, I do not see Aaron Green redshirting. With Helu graduating we really only have 1 experienced running back and I think AG could become our number 2.

I think Turner will definately RS especially with Green and Carnes already ahead of him. Assuming Martinez is still here that would put us with Martinez, Green, Carnes as our top 3 QB's. If we have to resort to a true frosh at QB we are in big trouble. AG will probably play some. Burkhead will be the obvious #1 but we also will have other guys returning with experience in Donfumblus Robinson and Jones. If the light goes on for either of those guys AG could RS. I would prefer to RS Turner and AG both could use a year to mature, develope and put on some lbs.

who knows how anyone will be used, seriously...I have been really excited about all talent from top HS programs coming here on the offensive side of the ball, but only a couple pan out each year, while plenty have just COMPLETLY wasted a RS season. we just need to maximize the talent we have and put guys in a position to make consistent plays.

I would like to see Rex in the RexCat 25% of the plays, even giving him options to throw short screens and shovel passes. He's proved himself reliable as a decision maker. I would like to see some guys pound it out a little more too (that's you Dontrayveous) to wear out defenses, keep a lead, and rest our defense. I think Martin-ez will make huge strides by fall camp next year, although no spot should be given, he must earn it.

Would definitely redshirt Turner. Raw QB and hopefully we have the depth to. Could also give him time to go to another position. Makes no sense not to redshirt him unless it's an emergency, same story with Green. We should WANT Turner to redshirt, IMO.

I think Green and Heard both play, if Heard makes it here. Their skills suit the offense and 3 RBs is far from too much.. I don't know if there's anyone else to really count on except in spot situations at that position.

Would definitely redshirt Turner. Raw QB and hopefully we have the depth to. Could also give him time to go to another position. Makes no sense not to redshirt him unless it's an emergency, same story with Green. We should WANT Turner to redshirt, IMO.

I think Green and Heard both play, if Heard makes it here. Their skills suit the offense and 3 RBs is far from too much.. I don't know if there's anyone else to really count on except in spot situations at that position.

Gotta get your best playmakers on the field, though. That's how championships are won.

QB - Martinez, Carnes, Green

RB - Burkhead, Green, Heard -(Don't sleep on this kid)

WR - Kinnie, Enunwa, Turner (We have too much depth at QB, I'd like him at WR with playmaker abilities and less depth at the position)

TE - Reed, Cotton

LOTS of talent/playmakers...hopefully we use them correctly and not run read handoffs for 1st and 2nd downs and short 5 yard slants on 3rd all game long. We never stratch the field. Worst offense I've seen in a long time and it needs to change otherwise we will keep getting the same results.

Turner is suppose to be here in January. He will come in and compete for the QB spot or a WR spot as a freshmen.

Kickoffs and punt returns etc. TMart is the QB with Burkhead running Wildrex for 30 percent of the plays. A Green will be no 2 back but will split time with D Robinson.

I'm not so sure Heard or Green won't pass up Tray in the summer. He would be #3 right now if he wasn't haven't such a hard time picking up the zone read concepts and blocking schemes and such (per the coaches). If we stick with a primarily ZR attack, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a tough time staying up on the depth chart like this year.