Scheduling

okaive

Was led to believe that the mighty Chattanooga Mocs of FCS fame was filling the slot for 2011

Its possible. I remember Jamrog saying they werent gonna schedule FCS schools anymore unless it was a last resort, but I believe this was before the BigTen schedule came out. I think it was in an article about how tough it was to schedule a non conference opponent for a one time game, they all want a home game in return in someway or another. So playing Chattanooga doesnt surprise me if thats the case.

We whoop their a**, they get a check for their troubles.

Well if we want to play in a bowl game next year we can't lose more than 4 games with only have 10 games on the schedule

i count 11 :dunno

Sat, Sep 10 Fresno State Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 17 Washington Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 24 Wyoming at Laramie, Wyo. TBA

Sat, Oct 01 Wisconsin * at Madison, Wis. TBA

Sat, Oct 08 Ohio State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 22 Minnesota * at Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

Sat, Oct 29 Michigan State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 05 Northwestern * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 12 Penn State * at University Park, Pa. TBA

Sat, Nov 19 Michigan * at Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA

Sat, Nov 26 Iowa * Memorial Stadium TBA

2012 only has 10 right now tho:

Sat, Sep 01 Southern Miss Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 08 UCLA at Pasadena, Calif. TBA

Sat, Sep 29 Wisconsin * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 06 Ohio State * at Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Oct 20 Northwestern * at Evanston, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 27 Michigan * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 03 Michigan State * at East Lansing, Mich. TBA

Sat, Nov 10 Penn State * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 17 Minnesota * Memorial Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 24 Iowa * at Iowa City, Iowa TBA

With the way the non-conference schedule sets up over the next 8 years, the one thing that stood out and even somewhat surprised me is the 2 and 1 (home, away, home) series with both Fresno State and Wyoming seeing how those are non-AQ schools. I guess it's a sign of change in how scheduling is being done nowadays because perhaps it's more affordable? Who knows, but if we're going to start scheduling these 2 and 1 series with non-AQ schools, then I'd like to see us scheduling teams from 3 of our biggest recruiting states in California, Texas and Florida for the sake of future recruiting classes. At least we'll be playing in Fresno in the future, so that's a start.

I actually kinda like the 2 for 1 with Wyoming. Being fromm the Panhandle originally, the thought of getting to see the Big Red play a lot closer than Lincoln is a welcome sight. I believe this was even one of the reasons TO scheduled the game was for the Western part of the state. And hell even the Whorns traveled to Laramie.

But isn't this series a 1 for 1 with a neutral sight game as the third? For some strange reason I am thinking it is. Probably way off, but like I said for some reason I thought this series included a neutral sight.