Wats? What about Carl?

ESPN's Rumors sections mentions that Carl was expected to throw his name in for the Louisiana Lafayette job and that he did not return with the team to Lincoln after the championship game. ESPN guesses he was interviewing. I guess he was recruiting.

ESPY says he has no ties to the school, but that he's the biggest name rumored to be tied to that job opening.

Just wanted to pass it along.

ESPN's Rumors sections mentions that Carl was expected to throw his name in for the Louisiana Lafayette job and that he did not return with the team to Lincoln after the championship game. ESPN guesses he was interviewing. I guess he was recruiting.

ESPY says he has no ties to the school, but that he's the biggest name rumored to be tied to that job opening.

Just doesn't seem like much of a step in the right direction. Why go there, spend 3 years, then move up to a BCS school when you can spend another year as DC here, let the storm you created by fighting w/ the media pass...and get a BCS HC job next year? Seems risky too.

I dont expect Carl to throw his name out to ULL. I expect ULL to come after him if they want him.

Does Carl even wanna be a head coach at the FBS level???? Im asking this because I truly believe that he LOVES being at Nebraska and working alongside his brother. Some guys just wanna be coordiators or assistants and are perfectly happy doing that.

Just doesn't seem like much of a step in the right direction. Why go there, spend 3 years, then move up to a BCS school when you can spend another year as DC here, let the storm you created by fighting w/ the media pass...and get a BCS HC job next year? Seems risky too.

not everyone can handle the pressure of a high profile job. If Carl truly wants to be a HC he will be a HC somewhere he could start off small to get used to it then make the jump.

I know that this doesn't mean a lot or maybe even anything, but I do know that some of the Pelinis' extended family came to Nebraska, too. Again, that could be totally meaningless, but it might also show some level of deeper commitment to the University. It could have been a move of convenience, too. Who knows?

Joe Schad's Twitter:

Lousiana Lafayette's new football coach is Mark Hudspeth

LINK

Glad to know this cat is out of the bag. It made no sense that Carl would go to LA Lafayette after turning a defensive coordinator position down at Tennessee last year for a reported $700,000 (almost double what he makes at NU). He could have made more money and coached in the SEC where recruiting is a lot easier and the weather is a lot nicer. If Carl wanted to leave he would... he has had multiple opportunities both disclosed and undisclosed. The truth is he's got it made at Nebraska. He's coaching with his brother, his kids have cousins to play with, his wife has Bo's wife to hang with, he's got job stability there, he's got opportunities to get pay increases as he wins, and he coaches for a top 10 defense on one of the best football teams in the country. Why leave all that for LA Lafayette? Stupid Rumor.

Joe Schad's Twitter:

Lousiana Lafayette's new football coach is Mark Hudspeth

LINK

Glad to know this cat is out of the bag. It made no sense that Carl would go to LA Lafayette after turning a defensive coordinator position down at Tennessee last year for a reported $700,000 (almost double what he makes at NU). He could have made more money and coached in the SEC where recruiting is a lot easier and the weather is a lot nicer. If Carl wanted to leave he would... he has had multiple opportunities both disclosed and undisclosed. The truth is he's got it made at Nebraska. He's coaching with his brother, his kids have cousins to play with, his wife has Bo's wife to hang with, he's got job stability there, he's got opportunities to get pay increases as he wins, and he coaches for a top 10 defense on one of the best football teams in the country. Why leave all that for LA Lafayette? Stupid Rumor.

If Carl would have left for Tennessee last year, I think it would have made about as much sense as when Jay Norvell went from being OC here to OC at UCLA for a coach that was sure to be fired. While it is very premature to say Dooley will be fired at Tennessee, we all know the Volunteer fans will not be very patient. On a side note, is Carl still married?