Any chance Carl goes??

hskerprid

I will go out on a limb here..........UH, NOOOOOOOO...

IMO, the only way Carl leaves is to be a HC somewhere. Being a DC under Bo isn't a bad gig for him. I would say in some "circles" within Husker Nation, Carl is more popular than Bo.... He is the DC (co-of course...and we know Bo calls most of the shots) and he is also the "whipping boy" for Bo....so he gets some sympathy from the fan base..

The fact that it is TEXAS also plays a role here....with the recent history, the statement that BLOOD is thicker than water (and money) will apply here.

Here he has infinite job security, plus at least a fair share of credit with probably smaller share of blame (it is Bo's defense, after all). If he ever really wants to strike out and make a name for himself I could see it happening, but he will probably wait until a HC gig comes along (or if Bo is no longer here)

While I highly doubt he'd go to Texas, I don't know why people don't think he'd leave his brother. If memory serves me correctly, one Stoops brother left another Stoops brother for a lateral move to Florida State just last year. I really doubt Carl gets much of a look as head coach of a major program while being a DC under his brother. He's going to have to go somewhere else to show he can do things on his own. Again, I highly doubt that it will be at Texas. If there is such a thing as kharma, Texas will in fact hire Randy Shannon so that they can remain mediocre year in and year out.