Big Ten Division Names and Logo Released

Turns out they weren't stalling :facepalm:

Actually, it was a really cool video and the announcement was done in a very nice and cool way.

But....these are just division names, not freakin' motivational posters :(

Pac Ten North, Pac Ten South. ACC East, ACC West. Big 12 North, Big 12 South.

Big Ten Legends, Big Ten Leaders?

Yuck. IMO, a pretty lousy approach after everything else was done pretty well. Trying way too hard here to make a neat announcement/get positive press rather than think about the actual utility of these names long-term.

Actually the ACC is split into the Atlantic and Coastal divisions, because they aren't geographically split in any way that I can see. Those two names are pretty good since they are part of the conference name.

Legends and Leaders? Lame and Lamer. But better than the Bo and Woody divisions.

Trophy List

Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year Award

I like that one but am scratching my head at this one.

Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year

Ameche??? What about Mike Rozier???!!!

No kidding. Neither of those guys could hold Rozier's jock.

Still, we're the new guys here, entering a history-rich conference. All of our history was written elsewhere. It's not like we can presume to come in and have awards named after us from the get-go. One or two awards named for our players/coaches is fine.

It's what we do on the field/court/classroom that matters. Trophy names... not so much.

Trophy List

Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year Award

I like that one but am scratching my head at this one.

Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year

Ameche??? What about Mike Rozier???!!!

No kidding. Neither of those guys could hold Rozier's jock.

Still, we're the new guys here, entering a history-rich conference. All of our history was written elsewhere. It's not like we can presume to come in and have awards named after us from the get-go. One or two awards named for our players/coaches is fine.

It's what we do on the field/court/classroom that matters. Trophy names... not so much.

"Neither of those guys could hold Rozier's jock." LOL.

Yes I totally agree. Heck I'm just glad to be in the Big 10. I cannot wait for next year to actually start playing some of these teams. It's going to be awesome.

:throwdabones1: