Big Ten Division Names and Logo Released

Big 10 = 10 states not 10 teams

:) just tell everyone that when they say "but they have 12 teams"

unless my count is off aren't there only 9 states?

Nebraska - Cornhuskers

Minnesota - Golden Gophers

Wisconsin - Badgers

Iowa - Hawkeyes

Illinois - Illini, Wildcats

Indiana - Hoosiers, Boilermakers

Michigan - Wolverines, Spartans

Ohio - Buckeyes

Pennsylvania - Nittany Lions

The description that I saw was that the B10 logo allowed just the first word to be used and still be able to be read as Big Ten in places where the full logo would not fit. Had nothing to do with a homage to the original 10 members.

I've always heard that the name "Big 10" is branded, and as a known commodity they don't want to get rid of it. Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say "Big 10," so whether they have 10, 12 or 16 members, they'll always be the Big 10.

Nebraska - Cornhuskers

Wisconsin - Badgers

Iowa - Hawkeyes

Ohio - Buckeyes

Yes, only 9 states..It was 7 states before until Nebraska and Penn St came into the picture.10 teams represented the Big 10, not the 10 states. Just my thoughts.

Epic FAIL!

Looks like Billy Bob put off his homework until the 11th hour and than through some crap together in mircosoft paint, and than told everyone had complex and thoughtful it was.

Kinda reminds me of that game Letterman used to play, where you had to guess if the painting was done by a professional or by a monkey.

Nebraska - Cornhuskers

Wisconsin - Badgers

Iowa - Hawkeyes

Ohio - Buckeyes

Yes, only 9 state.It was 7 states before until Nebraska and Penn St came into the picture.10 teams represented the Big 10, not the 10 states. Just my thoughts.

He was getting ahead of himself. When we add Notre Dame and Missouri it will be 10 states!

The description that I saw was that the B10 logo allowed just the first word to be used and still be able to be read as Big Ten in places where the full logo would not fit. Had nothing to do with a homage to the original 10 members.

I've always heard that the name "Big 10" is branded, and as a known commodity they don't want to get rid of it. Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say "Big 10," so whether they have 10, 12 or 16 members, they'll always be the Big 10.

Exactly. And that branded commodity was mentioned a couple times during the telecast.

I thought that X and O for division names was pretty cool. Abstract, but still relevant.

i'd kinda hoped for those to remain the division names since they came out with them.

other than that, the general bitchyness around here has officially become laughable, at least to me.

still bitchin with the big 12, and now we wanna bitch at the big 10 because they didnt name enough awards after us. really? what has the big 10 not done so far to show they are nothing but accommodating? between delany flying in to stand next to dr tom and announce it, to schools like michigan placing a husker helmet in their display this past summer, the big 10 network playing husker pieces, etc...it goes on and on. please dont start this "us against the world" crap before we even sit down for our first big 10 meal. its embarrassing.

• Fire 3