Was BO to Florida in the works?

I think it's naive to think that Florida didn't talk with Bo, or at least send out some feelers.

They gave the job to Muschamp. Bo > Muschamp. Not only has Bo had more consistent and better defenses at a program that is less talent rich, but he has 3 years of head coaching experience.

The more of these big jobs that come up that Bo doesn't take, the better I feel about him staying at Nebraska. Pelini would have been a great get for Miami or Florida. Florida especially would have been a great program for any head coach who wants to win championships.

I like our chances of keeping Bo for a long time, at this point.

Nah. What's naive is to think that because Nebraska has a hard-on for Bo that everyone has a hard-on for Bo. Outside of Huskerdom there's a lot of skepticism about who Bo is and what he's capable of. Is he capable of making a fantastic team out of mediocre players? Maybe. Is he capable of going Woody Hayes on a reporter, referee or (God forbid) a player? Maybe.

A lot of eyes were opened about the character of Bo Pelini this year. Think really hard about his season before you start bandying words like "naive" about.

Is it possible that even for 1 single week someone doesnt come up with a stupid a$$ rumor!!!!!

This is getting completely out of hand, this whole season has been annoying with all these rumors....

Bo is going to get the same treatment that Stoops gets, and every opening someone is going to say Bo is "in the running" for the job but guess what he is staying here!!!

Enough with these stupid rumors and how about we actually talk about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

I think it's naive to think that Florida didn't talk with Bo, or at least send out some feelers.

They gave the job to Muschamp. Bo > Muschamp. Not only has Bo had more consistent and better defenses at a program that is less talent rich, but he has 3 years of head coaching experience.

The more of these big jobs that come up that Bo doesn't take, the better I feel about him staying at Nebraska. Pelini would have been a great get for Miami or Florida. Florida especially would have been a great program for any head coach who wants to win championships.

Nah. What's naive is to think that because Nebraska has a hard-on for Bo that everyone has a hard-on for Bo. Outside of Huskerdom there's a lot of skepticism about who Bo is and what he's capable of. Is he capable of making a fantastic team out of mediocre players? Maybe. Is he capable of going Woody Hayes on a reporter, referee or (God forbid) a player? Maybe.

A lot of eyes were opened about the character of Bo Pelini this year. Think really hard about his season before you start bandying words like "naive" about.

The only people who think that Bo didn't have a good season are Nebraska fans.

Is it possible that even for 1 single week someone doesnt come up with a stupid a$$ rumor!!!!!

This is getting completely out of hand, this whole season has been annoying with all these rumors....

Bo is going to get the same treatment that Stoops gets, and every opening someone is going to say Bo is "in the running" for the job but guess what he is staying here!!!

Enough with these stupid rumors and how about we actually talk about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

You have my old avatar. For a second I thought I was losing my mind...

Outside of Huskerdom his behavior probably wouldnt have been that big of problem.Coaches yell its not a big deal! Everyone needs to get over it!Agree he went a little too far but bottom line is, hes paid millions of dollars to field the best team possible and win as many games as possible, everything else should be a distant second place.Hes done a very good at his first priority IMO.

Don't these schools have to contact TO before they can have some "deal in the works"? Bo is still under contract mind you and these media losers can say anything with no basis of fact or any proof whatsoever. This a the great misinformation age we live in folks. Rumors suck and people that spread them suck more.

everything that Bo has done, Bob Stoops and Saban have been caught doing at some point as well. How much do you care about them doing it? Would it stop you from hiring them to be the next coach at Nebraska? Bo is under our microscope, just because a story about it runs nationally on ESPN doesnt mean anyone pays attention to it, and/or cares as much as Husker fans do.

• Fire 1

Florida would be stupid to give Bo the reins to their program this early in his tenure. ATM they're one of the top two programs out there, maybe THE top. They have no reason whatsoever to give their team over to a guy who's had a year as rough as Bo's.

Will Muschamps Defense was exactly lights out this year either. When was the last head coaching gig Will had?......NONE

None - the same number of times Muschamp has been censured by his administration. The same number of times Muschamp has publicly embarrassed his school. The same number of times major media outlets have publicly questioned Muschamp's character.

NONE is not necessarily a bad thing. When you're hiring for the position they're hiring for, character plays a huge role. Bo's character has come into question a LOT in the past year. Muschamp... not so much.

Much as I love Bo, the honeymoon is over for me.

:violineyeswear2allthatsholy

Colin Cowherd is a blithering idiot who is wrong 99% of the time.

Actually Colin is one of the few that makes sure he has some good concrete facts before he puts anything out in the open (which is why he didn't say it outright and gave an acronym). Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this was like the Les Miles to Michigan thing a couple years ago. Pretty much all the major sources agree that was all but set in stone that Miles was going to be the HC at Michigan. Herbstreit didn't like the idea since it threatened tOSU so he broke the story. This ruined things for Les Miles and Michigan and was forced to stay at LSU since they didn't go about their negotiations the proper way. I don't think Bo and Miami/Florida were ever as close as that, but I bet there would have been a lot more talking between Bo and the schools had the Miami newspapers not covered the story.

Outside of Huskerdom his behavior probably wouldnt have been that big of problem.Coaches yell its not a big deal! Everyone needs to get over it!Agree he went a little too far but bottom line is, hes paid millions of dollars to field the best team possible and win as many games as possible, everything else should be a distant second place.Hes done a very good at his first priority IMO.

everything that Bo has done, Bob Stoops and Saban have been caught doing at some point as well. How much do you care about them doing it? Would it stop you from hiring them to be the next coach at Nebraska? Bo is under our microscope, just because a story about it runs nationally on ESPN doesnt mean anyone pays attention to it, and/or cares as much as Husker fans do.

I would invite the three of you to visit other boards before making statements like this. This sentiment that only Husker fans care about Bo's behavior this season is demonstrably wrong. A few simple google searches will show that most college football fans were aware of Bo's season, and were less than impressed.

I would invite the three of you to visit other boards before making statements like this. This sentiment that only Husker fans care about Bo's behavior this season is demonstrably wrong. A few simple google searches will show that most college football fans were aware of Bo's season, and were less than impressed.

First of all, "other boards" are not representative of entire fan bases. Second, other fan bases will rip on Bo even when he has a great season, and even if he acts like an angel on the sideline. That's because they're "other fan bases." If Bo gets hired to coach their team, he stops being the coach they love to hate, and becomes the passionate teacher that gets the most out of his players on and off the field.

At another board I post on, all the college football fans were entertained by Bo during the A&M game. The only one who made a stink about it was an A&M fan, and everyone called him out for being an idiot because Nebraska was obviously being hosed.

That whole thing was way overblown, and most people outside of husker nation just don't care.

Didnt say they didnt care, but under the Husker microscope its a MUCH bigger deal than it should have been. I doubt that the ADs of major College football programs are posting their opinions on the web, and i also doubt that his behavior would keep those schools from hiring him if they thought he could win football games for them! Nice use of the word demonstrably too. :clap

Florida would be stupid to give Bo the reins to their program this early in his tenure. ATM they're one of the top two programs out there, maybe THE top. They have no reason whatsoever to give their team over to a guy who's had a year as rough as Bo's.

Will Muschamps Defense was exactly lights out this year either. When was the last head coaching gig Will had?......NONE

None - the same number of times Muschamp has been censured by his administration. The same number of times Muschamp has publicly embarrassed his school. The same number of times major media outlets have publicly questioned Muschamp's character.

NONE is not necessarily a bad thing. When you're hiring for the position they're hiring for, character plays a huge role. Bo's character has come into question a LOT in the past year. Muschamp... not so much.

Much as I love Bo, the honeymoon is over for me.

Those same major media outlets have more character flaws than Bo does. Just because somebody says something on TV doesn't mean they're not completely full of s***.

As far as people questioning Bo's character, I don't really know what more you could want from a coach. Tom Osborne is now looked at as a saint by Nebraska fans, but guess what - Tom Osborne yelled at refs. Tom Osborne yelled at players. Tom Osborne played Lawrence Phillips, and was thrown under the bus by the entire national media for doing so. Are you saying you don't like Tom Osborne? Are you saying that he would have been a bad hire back in his coaching days because of "character" flaws?

Bo yelled at the refs (when they deserved it), and yelled at his starting QB (we don't know why, but if you believe any of the rumors, the QB probably deserved it), and that's about it. On the other hand, he's had 3 straight 9-win seasons while having very few off-the-field issues with his players.

First of all, "other boards" are not representative of entire fan bases. Second, other fan bases will rip on Bo even when he has a great season, and even if he acts like an angel on the sideline. That's because they're "other fan bases." If Bo gets hired to coach their team, he stops being the coach they love to hate, and becomes the passionate teacher that gets the most out of his players on and off the field.

Nobody ever said other boards are representative of "entire fan bases." I said fans other than Nebraska fans were unimpressed by Bo this season. This is not up for debate; it's easy to find. Google is your friend. ;)